Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea it’s a 1000 photos. I’m like at 12.

Even my Instagram where I post is at 80 something after a year and some change. For this website I’m building, my portfolio is maybe 10-12 images. Super selective on what feels good enough to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

bengy81 posted:

I'm starting to get an angry twitch over this and I don't even do that kind of work anymore!

What about airflow monitors? Please tell me they are just stuck in a closet somewhere?

I edited my previous post with pictures so you can really twitch.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Sarah posted:

I edited my previous post with pictures so you can really twitch.

Yeah, I'd be giving osha a line.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Melthir posted:

Yeah, I'd be giving osha a line.

I’m still on probation because of my maternity leave so it will have to wait because I don’t want fired. Our budget is hosed up right now for reasons I won’t go into because it’s specific to this VA.

My coworkers are scared of retaliation and will not do any reports to OSHA or IG.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

Opdivo and something else, not sure off the top of my head.

Yeah, that one has been around for a bit longer than Keytruda. My other guess was ipilimumab.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Edit: Redacted!

Your dept. is newer than I thought it was. It's a shame they cheaped out on the ventilation.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 19, 2019

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Sarah posted:

I’m still on probation because of my maternity leave so it will have to wait because I don’t want fired. Our budget is hosed up right now for reasons I won’t go into because it’s specific to this VA.

My coworkers are scared of retaliation and will not do any reports to OSHA or IG.

There was just a story on NPR this week about the VA's whistleblower protection people or whatever ratting out whistleblowers to their supervisors.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

DoktorLoken posted:

There was just a story on NPR this week about the VA's whistleblower protection people or whatever ratting out whistleblowers to their supervisors.

:catstare: Link?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I heard it on the radio and can't find a text summary, but this is the gist of it from another source:

https://www.alternet.org/2019/04/va...whistleblowers/

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Task and purpose had it as well

https://www.google.com/amp/s/taskandpurpose.com/va-whistleblowers-2634892276.amp.html

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't think I would trust any government whistleblower or regulatory body in this administration, at all.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
and the source article

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
:pcgaming: moment:

So I'm watching a movie (Skyfall to be exact) and all of a sudden my display goes entirely black. Audio still going, alt-f4 killed the application just fine, but the screen is still black. Restart the machine, no dice. Doesn't even display my bios or the windows loading screen. Uh oh. Bust out my old monitor I still have (thank god) and plug it in, and that display works. Doesn't detect my primary display. On-screen menu for the display doesn't work, but it's still lit up like it's in standby mode. Update drivers, restart. No dice. Check the cables, swap out what it's plugged into. No dice. Kill the power entirely via unplugging my power strip from the wall outlet. Hooray, it works.

I don't know what in the gently caress that was all about, but I don't like it. This monitor is insanely expensive and very heavy and that was the first time it's ever done that. Hopefully it's just a fluke.

Goddamn computers.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

My new monitor did something like that this morning. Earlier this month the power died on it for a couple minutes, then came back on. This morning it did it for much longer than that. Thankfully it's still under warranty, so I'm RMA'ing that bitch.

Refurb BenQ PD3200U FWIW.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

:pcgaming: moment:

So I'm watching a movie (Skyfall to be exact) and all of a sudden my display goes entirely black. Audio still going, alt-f4 killed the application just fine, but the screen is still black. Restart the machine, no dice. Doesn't even display my bios or the windows loading screen. Uh oh. Bust out my old monitor I still have (thank god) and plug it in, and that display works. Doesn't detect my primary display. On-screen menu for the display doesn't work, but it's still lit up like it's in standby mode. Update drivers, restart. No dice. Check the cables, swap out what it's plugged into. No dice. Kill the power entirely via unplugging my power strip from the wall outlet. Hooray, it works.

I don't know what in the gently caress that was all about, but I don't like it. This monitor is insanely expensive and very heavy and that was the first time it's ever done that. Hopefully it's just a fluke.

Goddamn computers.

Yea go ahead and return it now if it’s still covered. Don’t mess around on that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's a little over a year old, and apparently nobody on the internet has posted about this problem. I'm cautiously treating it like a fluke right now. It's due for a good dusting anyway.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

The wife and I are going to go to a Padres game tomorrow evening but I was considering making a day trip into San Diego. Any recommendations on cool things to see or do while we are downtown? She doesn't really drink and I am going to have to drive so bar hopping isn't something we are looking to do. I thought about looking to see if there are museums or any crunchy farmer's markets or anything near Petco Park because she's into that stuff.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The zoo. The freaking zoo man. My girlfriend and I had a helluva time there last month.

There’s also a small but wonderful air and space museum with probably the best F/A-18 I’ve ever seen be on display.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

The wife and I are going to go to a Padres game tomorrow evening but I was considering making a day trip into San Diego. Any recommendations on cool things to see or do while we are downtown? She doesn't really drink and I am going to have to drive so bar hopping isn't something we are looking to do. I thought about looking to see if there are museums or any crunchy farmer's markets or anything near Petco Park because she's into that stuff.

The Midway museum is great, and you guys should be able to get in for free. You'll have to take a cab unless you don't mind walking a bit. Seaport Village is just a few blocks north of Petco. They have a lovely waterfront, as well as a few shops and such. If the weather is nice then that makes for a nice walk.

EDIT: Looking at google maps, it appears that the Midway museum is perhaps a 25 minute walk. Just a little more than a mile.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

https://www.balboapark.org
https://www.balboapark.org/explore/museums

If you’re going to a Padres game try not to laugh too hard if there’s marine recruits up in the nosebleeds sitting at attention. Almost every padres game I went to there were recruits there doing the opposite of enjoying a day at the ballpark :)

Sarah fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Apr 20, 2019

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Seaport Village is nice. Waterfront Park is also kinda nice. Little Italy is pretty good for food imo.

Balboa is also a nice option for art stuff.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

CRAB DAD:

https://astoriacrabfest.com/
https://issuu.com/eomediacc/docs/crabfestguide2019?e=34756655/69261486

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 20, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i'm about to visit whole foods the day before easter

because i want some bacon from the buffet

pray for me goons

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Vasudus posted:

pray for me goons

Please show us some appropriate paint swatches to indicate how much whiter you got

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Please show us some appropriate paint swatches to indicate how much whiter you got

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

pray for me goons

You know you can microwave bacon from the comfort of your own home without brushing shoulders with the unvaccinated masses, hopped up on colodial silver, at Whole foods right?

Like all you need are a plate, bacon, and some paper towels. It's fast, too.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't keep bacon in my apartment. It's a very occasional thing for me. But I woke up today and thought you know what? I want some goddamn bacon.

I did get to overhear perhaps the whitest woman in the history of the world complaining at the top of her lungs to the customer service desk that she had called and they said they had gluten free cakes. They don't, and never have apparently.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The most white person thing I’ve ever seen was a 20-something bro drunk on St Patrick’s Day barking out directions to his Uber driver over his Apple Watch 3 in a 7-Eleven parking lot.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

You know you can microwave bacon from the comfort of your own home without brushing shoulders with the unvaccinated masses, hopped up on colodial silver, at Whole foods right?

I know you're not serious, but good God, this post is triggering me hard

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I know you're not serious, but good God, this post is triggering me hard

It's cheaper too! Great for your Keto diet as well. You can eat bacon for a quick snack or have a whole pound for a meal

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Costco has amazing precooked bacon that you can microwave.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

It's cheaper too! Great for your Keto diet as well. You can eat bacon for a quick snack or have a whole pound for a meal

My people have like five cultural hells for you just for joking about that

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

gently caress THAT HORMEL poo poo THAT MY DAD LIKES TO BUY BECAUSE "IT DOESN'T MAKE A MESS"

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Kawasaki Nun posted:

We get our food delivered by underpaid college kids trying to scrape by a living in the urban dystopian landscape of Southern California.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
That reminds me I'm celebrating Easter with a bunch of midwesterner boomers, rip my stomach. Pile those canned green beans and mac and cheese on my plate son.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What unnecessarily complex method do Germans use to cook bacon?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

gently caress me that sounds like a good reason to go down there but I’m currently dieting/exercising like gently caress to pass my PRT makeup next week.

I failed preliminary taping last week by 1% and then my ankle started hurting...

So maybe.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LingcodKilla posted:

gently caress me that sounds like a good reason to go down there but I’m currently dieting/exercising like gently caress to pass my PRT makeup next week.

I failed preliminary taping last week by 1% and then my ankle started hurting...

So maybe.

Next year then

Edit: Sadly according to the GF its more wine than crab.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Slim Pickens posted:

What unnecessarily complex method do Germans use to cook bacon?

Anything that isn't a loving microwave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oven is the best way to do bacon