Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Sexual Shiite posted:

Nothing’s broken, that pin-screw looks like it’ll screw right back in, but I’m not sure of the best way to get it screwed in.

Is it actually a screw, and not a force-fit pin with a knurl? Wild.

Ok, well, there's a couple things I think you could do: You could drill two pinholes in the head and screw it in using a pair of fine needlenose pliers or a c-clip plier (if you have one), or you could hotglue it to a dowel or an allen key, drive it in with that, and take the glue off once it's in. Isopropyl alcohol loosens hot glue and should be relatively friendly to toy plastics (unlike acetone).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Well hopefully you can fix it! That's too drat expensive to just have breaking due to fiddlin'.

In other news, Target had a $25 off $100 coupon and I am a weak-willed man:

Really only wanted Sixgun (badly) but also found some Botbots I didn't have yet... and Starscream and Soundwave... and then Prowl was there, too...

e: It was pretty funny watching my wife try to carefully pry open the flap on the botbots... "What is W9?" "I think that's 6M" "Ok, do you need 6M?"

e2:

TheDK fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 17, 2019

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Thankfully I'll probably have a job again soon, so buying Transformers stuff won't be too much of a strain on my finances if I space it out properly

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Thankfully I'll probably have a job again soon, so buying Transformers stuff won't be too much of a strain on my finances if I space it out properly
^ Totes Magotes my man, I hear ya.

Sixgun is amazing. Great Headsculpt.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Another one.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Another one.

MP10's last hurrah?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The MSJ posted:

Another one.

MP10GB is real but a website stole someone's digibash and used it as a stock image, which is what you posted. It won't look quite like that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheDK posted:

In other news, Target had a $25 off $100 coupon and I am a weak-willed man:
haha goddammit they have sixgun on the site but only 1 left in stock, was hoping I could get 5 for a good bit less than they normally are. :v:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Double dose of top-tier YT TF content today for subscribers, Thew has his Skytread review up, and Chris McFeely has The Basics on The DJD, should be interesting.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BizarroAzrael posted:

Double dose of top-tier YT TF content today for subscribers, Thew has his Skytread review up, and Chris McFeely has The Basics on The DJD, should be interesting.

I guess you mean on Patreon

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Burkion posted:

I guess you mean on Patreon

Yeah. Thew has a one day delay ahead of free release, McFeely does three.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
BBTS is really taking their time with MP BW Megatron.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Keldroc posted:

BBTS is really taking their time with MP BW Megatron.

I know.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Making sure they don't have broken dicks.

I've been selling off some stuff on Ebay since I'm trying to declutter, and I got a nice message from someone who bought an MP Wheeljack thanking me for selling it and it will be his first MP figure. :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m so glad I’ve preordered this gorgeous boy. :allears: :swoon:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lol I picked up some series 2 botbots that just showed up at the store and for one of them, the conditioner bottle, the plate thing disguising their face was like melted or glued on to their face so I had to force it off with some tweezers and it ended up ripping a portion of the face's print off with it, gonna probably contact hasbro about that and also see if I can't get a replacement.

Also, the ham hock one, hamurai, was one I was initially indifferent about but I found out that the bone on his head actually comes out to reveal a sword and now I'm miffed that he gets a cool sword and game over doesn't

Can't find a good pic of the toy with the sword though, and meanwhile game over's art has this sword and I'm just thinkin "drat that sucks, I want my stupid game controller transformer to have a circuit board sword"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm kind of sad today so I'm trying to occupy my brain.

Who knew Prime was a member of the GLC?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Talking of Botbots, I’ve seen the single pack Series 2 ones in Target here in FL. I couldn’t see any ID marks on the back this time. :/

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

The_Doctor posted:

Talking of Botbots, I’ve seen the single pack Series 2 ones in Target here in FL. I couldn’t see any ID marks on the back this time. :/

Yeah there’s an online guide for them like series one but in Australia at least there’s NO serial numbers so I’m like uhhh

Unless you get a fresh pack you’re stuffed.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Ok, after closer examination, it is definitely a screw, not a knurl on masterpiece megatron. It’ll screw back in, just gotta get something to hold to it. Instead of glue, I think I’m going to try doing it with a new stock pencil eraser.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This was fun to do. I have the Megatron preordered and now I think I'll order the Starscream as well.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Rhyno posted:

This was fun to do. I have the Megatron preordered and now I think I'll order the Starscream as well.

Gundam are a natural extension of my TF love and a great timesink if that kind of kit interests you. Since you seem to love big chonks, I’d recommend an MG Zaku 2.0 (any of that mold) or the RG Sazabi.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I did some Gundam kits yeeeaaaars ago and enjoyed them. We'll see if the itch remains after the next TF kit.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Looks good, I must remember to order some with my next Gunpla order. A reminder to check out the Brave series with its shared DNA as well.

For anyone to whom it means anything, I'm doing a customised GNX influenced by Tarn.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I just built the Super Mini-Pla Shogun Megazord, which was very fun.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Rhyno posted:

I'm kind of sad today so I'm trying to occupy my brain.

Who knew Prime was a member of the GLC?

Actually I'm pretty sure there was an aborted IDW/DC crossover event where Optimus actually was supposed to be the Green Lantern of Cybertron. There was artwork made for it I think.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure there was an aborted IDW/DC crossover event where Optimus actually was supposed to be the Green Lantern of Cybertron. There was artwork made for it I think.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Now I'm sad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah there’s an online guide for them like series one but in Australia at least there’s NO serial numbers so I’m like uhhh

Unless you get a fresh pack you’re stuffed.

I dunno if maybe it's just different in Australia or Florida but here in PA they had numbers, but they weren't weirdly embossed or engraved by the hasbro logo, they were very neatly printed on the back almost right underneath the hook they use to hang them on shelf pegs

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I dunno if maybe it's just different in Australia or Florida but here in PA they had numbers, but they weren't weirdly embossed or engraved by the hasbro logo, they were very neatly printed on the back almost right underneath the hook they use to hang them on shelf pegs

Ah, I was looking in the wrong place for the code it seems. I'll go back and have a look later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there a recommended pin removal tool? My Double Evil has a backwards panel that's pinned in place.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Speaking of pins. Does it seem like Siege as a line has a lot of spots that feel conspicuously like they should have been pinned and may be had originally been planned to?

The Starscream chest is an obvious one but I noticed a couple others that seemed like weird choices. On Chromia the blue plastic piece on the front of her pelvis is sorta loosely on there. It can be moved but it serves no purpose for posability or transformation. It feels sorta like a piece that would have been pinned or otherwise fixed in place. Ironhide's leg panels kinda give me that feeling too.

Cost cutting measure? Robot toy nerd paranoia?

Edit: Oh, I guess I need to try this to fix Ironhide. https://www.playwithphotography.com/2019/03/15/fixing-transformers-siege-ironhides-pop-off-panels/

Anyone else give it a go?

DisposableHero fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 19, 2019

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Is there a recommended pin removal tool? My Double Evil has a backwards panel that's pinned in place.
A pin punch? Or were you looking for something fancier?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/TEKTON-3-32-in-Roll-Pin-Punch-66063/205820422?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal2_rr-_-206515512-_-205820422-_-N

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I tried using my tiny gauge punch but this fucker is stuck fast.

Edit: Ocular Max Ravage preorders up at PSX, $71 shipped. I got my double OT check so I;m just gonna pull the trigger on the the four so I don't have to scramble in the future.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Apr 20, 2019

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh poo poo this is actually the case! Nice one!

For some reason some still didn’t have numbers but that might be printing errors. Number 23 had no number at all, but this was VERY helpful, thank you!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I've heard you can use a hair dryer to soften/expand the plastic, but I've never tried it myself.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Rhyno posted:

Edit: Ocular Max Ravage preorders up at PSX, $71 shipped. I got my double OT check so I;m just gonna pull the trigger on the the four so I don't have to scramble in the future.

Funny enough, I think the birds don't scale well and stuck with the ones that came with MP13, the Rumble/Ravage/Frenzy are so perfect though.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Some Hasbro Taiwan marketing vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga4n0KOT-dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsjehTukj-Q

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

sba posted:

Funny enough, I think the birds don't scale well and stuck with the ones that came with MP13, the Rumble/Ravage/Frenzy are so perfect though.

Yeah the birds are way too big. Nice figures of the characters but they look ridiculous with MP-13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

So my detolf is still shaking a bit, and my TFs slowly slide toward to front.

I can't seem to do much about a bit of shake, so any suggestions on how to hold them in place, in a non-permanent way? E.g. are there any little transparent rubber pads I could use or something?

They always slide in the one direction, so even if it's just something I can put in front of their feet I think that would do the job.