Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Symbolism means when there's a Jesus in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
People are actually mad that Superman's not atheist.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Superman being a Christian doesn’t seem to make much sense

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

sponges posted:

Superman is Jewish but so was Jesus. Checks out

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich
I mean there's a difference between being Christ and being Christian. It's like the difference between George Lucas and J J Abrams

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Daddy Thanos posted:

That's what I'm saying. If someone as rich and beautiful as him is having trouble how will the rest of us survive

He was just tossing out some super dumb "but what if I touch a woman's hand and she cries rape and I lose my career and all my stuff :smith:" mra take. I guarantee he has zero problems actually finding anyone to date.

sponges posted:

I mean, he's a farmboy from the American heartland, what else would he be?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Superman's Not Dead

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Daddy Thanos posted:

Superman is Jewish but so was Jesus. Checks out

Also Moses.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

A Methodist no less

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich
If I'm being 100, like the emoji, I would love a Snyder movie about the Argus

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Zack Snyder's Washington Crossing The Deleware is such a good idea and I hope to god he actually makes it someday.

edit: and then the sequel can be based off of this true masterpiece of modern American artistry:

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 18, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Nice, very few artists depict Lucifer as the Star of the Morning.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://youtu.be/lU0QpEa3EIs

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lol I missed that there was a random fucken Snyder derail in USPOL of all places earlier that immediately devolved into "Snyder is an Objectivist who wrote a fascist Superman, but also he's too dumb to have a made a movie with a message anyway"

Props to Darko for defending our boy

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guy A. Person posted:

lol I missed that there was a random fucken Snyder derail in USPOL of all places earlier that immediately devolved into "Snyder is an Objectivist who wrote a fascist Superman, but also he's too dumb to have a made a movie with a message anyway"

He should have maintained the containment protocols

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Guy A. Person posted:

So many ignorant asshats trying to dunk on Snyder everywhere lol.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It's just extra hilarious that the "never trust the media" super woke crowd is parroting a Devin loving Faraci article hahahaha

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Guy A. Person posted:

It's just extra hilarious that the "never trust the media" super woke crowd is parroting a Devin loving Faraci article hahahaha

There's a dude I haven't thought about in forever lmao

Apparently he found religion (Buddhism, in this case) and shoehorns it into his movie reviews that nobody reads anymore.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If anyone wants more neat movie essays about Snyder's films, don't sleep on that link I posted a few days ago.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

If anyone wants more neat movie essays about Snyder's films, don't sleep on that link I posted a few days ago.

oh crap yeah I have it queued up in my "stuff I opened up to watch at work and got distracted" browser tabs collection

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Do you have a link to the page the slap fight begins I want to see

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885224&pagenumber=538&perpage=40#post494459351

There's a bit more before that but this is where it devolves into full Objectivist conspiracy theory land

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guy A. Person posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885224&pagenumber=538&perpage=40#post494459351

There's a bit more before that but this is where it devolves into full Objectivist conspiracy theory land

Lol thanks. Even if you don't like him or the movies I don't understand how you can see them as Objectivist at all. I guess it's just a general misunderstanding of what it actually is?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol thanks. Even if you don't like him or the movies I don't understand how you can see them as Objectivist at all. I guess it's just a general misunderstanding of what it actually is?

I think it goes as far as: I didn't like the movie, then I read an article that explained that he is actually totally a bad person as well. Which is very "Fox News" approach for an otherwise liberal thread.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

"Snyder isn't an objectivist"

"BuT DoEsN'T hE wAnT tO mAkE a fOUntaAinHead moooOOOoOOoooovie?! HMmmMMm?!!"

gently caress, the ignorance is so annoying but also funny.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Movie = bad
Objectivism = bad

Therefore:
Movie = Objectivism

It's simple math, folks.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Depiction is endorsement. Everyone knows this.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He doesn't depict it either though. He sure depicts fascism though! And to be fair if you don't clue in on the satire it's easy to go from a to b (though I did when I was an idiot teen leaving 300 so)

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I really want Snyder to direct a Devilman movie. I want to see how he tackles the OG dark and gritty superhero.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Equeen posted:

I really want Snyder to direct a Devilman movie. I want to see how he tackles the OG dark and gritty superhero.

A double header to kill the internet - Snyder's Fountainhead followed by Snyder's Stardust

No intermission

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Snyder would go nuts with the biblical imagery in a Devilman movie.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I have no idea how the objectivist thing gained so much ground when his last movie featured someone telling Superman that he had no obligation to help people, before he goes on to help people.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

He doesn't depict it either though. He sure depicts fascism though! And to be fair if you don't clue in on the satire it's easy to go from a to b (though I did when I was an idiot teen leaving 300 so)

Yeah, but in general. Like BvS gets called a film that glorifies "toxic masculinity" for merely depicting it, negatively mind you.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

I have no idea how the objectivist thing gained so much ground when his last movie featured someone telling Superman that he had no obligation to help people, before he goes on to help people.

No matter how much evidence is presented before them, people will twist it into some imaginary way to show that no, Superman is being a selfish objectivist.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

No matter how much evidence is presented before them, people will twist it into some imaginary way to show that no, Superman is being a selfish objectivist.

It's something about Snyder, he just breaks people's brains. It's been super loving weird to see people who definitely think of themselves as politically left get all lathered up about how disrespectful it is to show a billionaire vigilante who dresses in an armoured gimp suit to beat the poo poo out of charicatures of the poor, the disabled and the mentally ill as some kind of unhealthy figure.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Snowman_McK posted:

300, the film, was, and continues to be a traumatic event for comic book film making. I believe people still point to that film as the genesis of the alt-right, and conveniently leave out poo poo that actually affects our material conditions.

KVeezy3 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 23, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've said it before but 300 was great and it was especially fun to watch the frat bros laugh about the sick kick and the rest

Like ultimately, the only ones who thought it was pro-nazi were either nazis or very self important nerds who think they are the vanguard against the nazis while safe at home doing nothing whatsoever about the nazis, no one else even considered it in those terms, they either saw a satire or a sick-rear end movie where muscle mountains fought the golden god man with his own muscle mountains (with sword hands!).

I see where people got upset about how it portrayed persians one way or the other though

Jimbot posted:

Yeah, but in general. Like BvS gets called a film that glorifies "toxic masculinity" for merely depicting it, negatively mind you.

Well yeah that's dumb but no one ever said the general audience is good at cluing into things

It's all especially weird for me because I just thought BvS was kind of boring and poorly edited and the last third was just a big ol miss so I just didn't watch it again and got on with my life outside of posting on the internet but I guess I'm the only one who didn't who did :shrug:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 23, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's also funny to see the clickbait articles about how "DC movies are good now" calling Snyder's movies flops when they all made a profit. Even Suicide Squad did really well. The only flop was Justice League and that was not a Zack Snyder film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's also funny to see the clickbait articles about how "DC movies are good now" calling Snyder's movies flops when they all made a profit. Even Suicide Squad did really well. The only flop was Justice League and that was not a Zack Snyder film.

Wasn't that even a 'flop' to the tune of hundreds of millions?