Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

seems pretty cool really, but then mdi also seemed like a good idea on paper but turned out pretty bad in practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah not seeing the problem here? not every app will have a use for it, and if they don't, they won't. you'll still be able to watch your favorite nazi videos on youtube without any change.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

it's not apple api or something btw

https://github.com/louisdh/panelkit

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

yeah not seeing the problem here? not every app will have a use for it, and if they don't, they won't. you'll still be able to watch your favorite nazi videos on youtube without any change.

Also, this means they can finally recreate classic MDI Opera on the Ipad!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mdi w/ aero snap. nice

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

you won't be able to complain anymore when they replace macos with ios

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

poty posted:

holy poo poo this is real

"Intel to recenter focus on other data-centric opportunities" is a sentence nobody can make up

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pointsofdata posted:

they're both pieces of poo poo so I assure you I will continue 2 complain

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

poty posted:

intel basebands have slowly been disappearing from the module manufacturers the past couple of years, this has been coming for a while.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

poty posted:

intel has literally never been able to make a modem in a timely or even distantly successful manner. was their main downfall in their mobile soc attempts too, kept promising fully integrated solutions and failing to deliver, had both their original in-house group (most famous for work on mostly aborted trash standard wimax) and bought up infineons baseband business; still never made a modem anyone would buy on its own merits

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
They're even bad at making DOCSIS modems. Puma 6 and 7 are trash, plagued by jitter issues.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i understand their 10gb+ nics are trash too so literally all they're good at for networking now is gigabit ethernet

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Pinterest Mom posted:

"Intel to recenter focus on other data-centric opportunities" is a sentence nobody can make up

only wall street could cheer excitedly when a company puts out a press release going "yeah so were poo poo at everything"

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

sleepwalkers posted:

why would multitasking, app switching, returning to the springboard, multiple apps, interactions with notification banners, alerts, control center, or edge swipes change? that just shows everything happening inside a single app.

Because these things already exist and marking them "out of scope" like this is the kind of visionless, spreadsheet-minded product management that has come to define the Tim Cook era at Apple.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

infernal machines posted:

ios 13: now with windows

glad to see apple's ios team have no idea why their products work. still pilfering terrible ideas from android.

quote:

Font management is getting a major upgrade on iOS 13. It will not be necessary to install a profile to get new fonts into the system anymore. Instead there will be a new font management panel in Settings. A new standard font picker component will be available for developers and the system will notify the user when they open a document that has missing fonts.

the worlds most advanced mobile operating system

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

pointsofdata posted:

I have no mouse and I must scream

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Got my AirPods 2 today. The instruction manual is clearly just a reprint of the 1st gen's, because it still prominently features an iPhone with a home button. Apple's a mess.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
steve would have flown the engineer who even suggested the airpower to shenzhen and personally thrown them off a roof

tim is probably going to promote them for having such an ambitious idea that unfortunately couldn't quite work

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

the AirPods 2 sound good, though. But that's probably because they're new. They also feel heavier.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
You spent $200 on earbuds.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

DELETE CASCADE posted:

scared?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Actually, it was $170 and I had store credit, so they were basically free. :smug:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

airpods are really great, my day 1 first gen ones are still kicking rear end

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah I got a pair of airpods for christmas and they’re great

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

dont use them much for listening at home but theyre a life changing running accessory

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Last Chance posted:

airpods are really great, my day 1 first gen ones are still kicking rear end

I mean, that's really not that old. And, by this point, the battery life has to be pretty pitiful (it was bad even when they were new).

I realize expectations are low when it comes to Apple hardware.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

dont use them much for listening at home but theyre a life changing running accessory

Running is rolling coal, but for humans. Pure waste of energy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish they fit my ears but my beatsx are a good replacement.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

they're very life changing when you get hit by a car that you can't hear over your music

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

they're very life changing when you get hit by a car that you can't hear over your music

if anything they let too much outside noise in

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Lambert posted:

Running is rolling coal, but for humans. Pure waste of energy.

holy poo poo, now that is a take.

it's... perfect :kiss:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

have you tried running in a place without cars or is your life entirely concrete, computer screens, and crippling depression

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
average life expectancy for the deaf is 16 years due to cars

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
iphone leaks: will continue to look like an android reject design, now with trinocular vision

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Vomik posted:

average life expectancy for the deaf is 16 years due to cars

that’s not true, where did you learn that

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
madeupfacts.com

Lambert fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 23, 2019

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
in a few years most cars will be electric so nobody will hear them come anyway

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

MY PARTNER is getting a pixel 3 and the wireless charging stand actually has some good+cool features and i can’t wait for the eventual apple copy for phones that are actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Casual Encountess posted:

MY PARTNER is getting a pixel 3 and the wireless charging stand actually has some good+cool features

like what? i have one and it holds my phone up and charges it while i sleep