Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Aleph Null posted:

I liked Konane.
I thought Mona's relationship was super unhealthy and I'd hoped he was just using her to escape and go home.

I was hoping the same thing, and would have liked him so much more if it had gone down that way. But holy poo poo the way that they handled it sucked, and yeah, was loving gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

This episode was really great except for Mona.

Her whole Beauty & the Beast tragic love, doesn't work for me.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

nine-gear crow posted:

The way they handled that was pretty great. “I’m not your ex, I just look like her for really dumb reasons.” / “Okay. Cool. You wanna go do fun platonic history poo poo?” / “Sure.”

Agreed, I would hate to have Nate pining about his lost love for seasons to come. I actually don’t mind Nate/Zari, they’re two hot, single people sharing a destiny and spending time together (even having to actually pretend to be a couple) where they discover likable features about each other and start seeing each other with different eyes. It’s how relationships start, I think it was as organic as a show about time traveling unicorn hunters could tell a romance plot.

Also agree on the statement last page that Zari’s faith is handled well. It’s her personal faith, she keeps it to herself and it’s just a fragment of her identity, along with everything else. I love that she doesn’t have to be a parody or anything, and the religion just is a thing that comes up naturally in lines like the one about a hindi and a muslim getting a christian wedding.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm not at all bothered by Nate/Zari or consider it terribly "rushed." They're pretty friends who been working and living side by side for years and poo poo happens. Despite what happens on TV most relationships don't require a long telegraphed courtship or some hurdle to pass over. They're hot, they get along, they're both single at the moment, oh hey why not?

Mona/Konane was definitely weird though and I'm glad we seem to have agreed to move past it this episode. Not that I'm terribly feeling Mona and her bad werewolf on the team, but I'm open to it without the odd "Is that bestiality? Wait... am I being a bigot? Wait... he was a god so is she the 'lesser' being? Wait... what?" Konane aspect.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yes, Mick writing a love letter for Zari.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

Yes, Mick writing a love letter for Zari.

“I’m not saying ‘bulge’.”

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Guess they should have told Ray the plan.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Uh Oh...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ray nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

You guys didn't see that coming?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

You guys didn't see that coming?

Honestly they got me. Thought it would be Nora (which would kinda suck, so good on them for not going that direction.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I thought it would just go right back into Des and he'd escape all smarmy. You know, like Diaz. Neron's already won.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Ray loving everything up like usual

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Ray loving everything up like usual

First the water temple, now an exorcism. What's next? Heyworld?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Senerio posted:

First the water temple, now an exorcism. What's next? Heyworld?

Hey, I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

And who the hell let GARY of all people onto the time ship in the first place?!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vietnamwees posted:

Hey, I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

And who the hell let GARY of all people onto the time ship in the first place?!

I presume he just waltzed in since the time couriers seem to let you travel anywhere or anytime you want unless the plot says they can't.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Time Force, I ain't gotta explain poo poo

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Final battle is totally gonna happen in the dragon pit, ain't it?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ApeHawk posted:

Final battle is totally gonna happen in the dragon pit, ain't it?

Either that or whatever remains of 'Hey-World'

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I love this show.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Natari isn’t bad, but I think Mona should have gone with Zathan instead.

While it’s hard to top the Bollywood number with Zari in a Sari, it was fun to watch Sara rescue Ava from IKEA.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Less mona more charlie

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 23, 2019

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Less mona more charlie

:emptyquote:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
how about no mona, more charlie AND zari?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Loved that the construction foreman was super helpful, understanding and just kinda happy to be there. That said holy poo poo that place was going to cost billions easy.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

They need to give Zari more to do than pine over Nate.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

They need to give Zari more to do than pine over Nate.

like what? she just is a magical hair dryer

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Petition to rename the thread to "It's erotic, yet vulnerable."

J33uk posted:

Loved that the construction foreman was super helpful, understanding and just kinda happy to be there. That said holy poo poo that place was going to cost billions easy.

His name was Mikey, and he also played Mikey the construction worker, which can only mean that this takes place in the "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" universe, and since he was also a construction worker on 30 Rock, it takes place in that universe too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Davros1 posted:

Petition to rename the thread to "It's erotic, yet vulnerable."

His name was Mikey, and he also played Mikey the construction worker, which can only mean that this takes place in the "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" universe, and since he was also a construction worker on 30 Rock, it takes place in that universe too.

Hahaha I was thinking the exact same thing.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Medullah posted:

Hahaha I was thinking the exact same thing.

Me too, I was like: Hey, is that Mikey the construction worker (from unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) as Mikey the construction worker?

So I had to check on IMDB, but of course he was uncredited on Legends...

Then I noticed the actor is also named Mike

...and he also played in a movie called "construction", a character named....

...Mike.

Is this some kind of running joke? casting Mike Carlsen as construction workers named Mike?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

WhyteRyce posted:

like what? she just is a magical hair dryer

Fuckin' LOL

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

kjetting posted:

Me too, I was like: Hey, is that Mikey the construction worker (from unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) as Mikey the construction worker?

So I had to check on IMDB, but of course he was uncredited on Legends...

Then I noticed the actor is also named Mike

...and he also played in a movie called "construction", a character named....

...Mike.

Is this some kind of running joke? casting Mike Carlsen as construction workers named Mike?

What if he's actually a construction worker who moonlights as an actor who only plays construction workers????

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What if he's actually a construction worker who moonlights as an actor who only plays construction workers????

So he's like if Perd Hapley got a job in construction?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I like how not only did Sarah not care Nora was randomly on the ship for no goddamn reason but immediately ordered her to help rescue her girlfriend.

Also that the drama over Nora and Nate lasted for exactly 10 seconds after his bro broke the news.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chokes McGee posted:

I like how not only did Sarah not care Nora was randomly on the ship for no goddamn reason but immediately ordered her to help rescue her girlfriend.

Also that the drama over Nora and Nate lasted for exactly 10 seconds after his bro broke the news.

Yeah
When I moved from Arrow these two events would be used as drama fuel for 2 episodes.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Elentor posted:

Yeah
When I moved from Arrow these two events would be used as drama fuel for 2 episodes.

Just 2?

And nice that Ray immediately forgave Nate for punching him too.

Also, I really, really, really want to read Mick's love note. I would even be willing to say the word bulge out loud. I still think they should write his books and sell them along with Beebo merchandise.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Publishing Mick's books under the pseudonym would be the perfect 4th wall breaker for this show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Neron’s going to attempt to do great evil through Ray only to discover the limits of his depravity stops at jaywalking and not paying for candy bars

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was worried for a second Nora actually was going to take Nerons deal.

The look Zari gave Charlie when she asked if she was straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

I was worried for a second Nora actually was going to take Nerons deal.

I was too until neron was out of des’ body and I suddenly went, you clever sons of bitches