Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

Tired Moritz posted:

You should use Herc, actually.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

probably not much reason to use herc if you've made it to ccc already and have other good damage dealers to raise instead

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I should use a lot of really good servants that are currently gathering dust because the way to farm embers costs 40 goddamned AP. :argh:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Counterpoint: Herc is still one of the better berserkers to this day and very much worth using.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Counter counter point: herc has been locked away in bond jail for the past 8 months

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Billzasilver posted:

Counter counter point: herc has been locked away in bond jail for the past 8 months

Are Arash, Kiyohime, and Spartacus in there as well?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

a kitten posted:

But no Tomoe which is who I was shooting for.

...I've got some bad news for you.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cuntellectual posted:

...I've got some bad news for you.

I meant (Suzuka) Gozen no idea what happened there

a kitten fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 23, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I don't use my Herc because that's just too easy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if given the choice i'd just prefer to take a zerker who trades some of herc's superfluous survivability for more damage or utility like nobu/nyalter/jerker/beowulf/ibaraki

granted like 75% of that list is JP exclusive so i get why people might like herc now but i bond 10'd the dude in my backline and he has only ever seen use for low turn clears in solomon.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
My Herc ran a goddamn freight train all over Solomon, Bond Efficiency be damned. So many dead demon pillars, one-shot before they could do anything. :allears:

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Did two 10-rolls and threw in 10 tickets. Ended up getting one Passionlip and one Suzuka. Can't really complain since I wanted at least one of the Alter Ego characters.

I like a lot of the updates this time around too, like not having to unequip Craft Essences to use them up for experience points.

Compendium posted:

Have a Ruler or someone elses Ruler beat her up, you just need to break her first bar I believe.

Thanks for the tip. I went into that fight blind and got beat down pretty badly the first time.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Vengarr posted:

For me, the wanderer was Francis Drake. After I blew all my quartz failing to get her when Okeanos came out, and multiple rolls on her banners since then.

Drake getting drunk and washing up long after she was called for is very in-character though :v:

Nightingale was mine. Unfortunately, she doesn't really bring much to my roster except nursing power.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
So who all got animation updates with this update? I know Liz and Robin Hood did. Just those two?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nero Bride got one too during the ore launch, but yeah.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Cyouni posted:

Nightingale was mine. Unfortunately, she doesn't really bring much to my roster except nursing power.

She's a pretty solid support. Even with the berserker weakness, she's fairly sturdy against humanoids, which most bosses are.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Trash and Crush. They went with Trash and Crush.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Trash and Crush. They went with Trash and Crush.

I hate it!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she crush

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

dogsicle posted:

she crush

But does she thrash trash?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Anybody else feel a little ill at the choice of words in "Umbilical Hair?"

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
Well, Six 10 rolls and I come away with NP3 Melt, NP1 Passionlip, and NP2 Suzuka and a whole bunch of event CEs.

I'm definitely happy with this outcome.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The music in the event shop makes me nostalgic from back when I played CCC.

What date do I want to progress through the missions by? Is there any reason I can't grind a bunch of XP tonight and do the missions tomorrow? I did the first few (through the one after you fight BB), but I really want to throw some XP at a few of these servants before I start seriously grinding (namely Karna and Drake since those will be very useful for grinding).

By the way, limit breaking the gacha CEs in this seems like a better deal than in most past events. It doesn't just double the benefit; it goes from +20% to +50%. The one with Rin and Rani is also quite good just from a gameplay standpoint - +15% to Arts and Buster when limit-broken.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

What date do I want to progress through the missions by? Is there any reason I can't grind a bunch of XP tonight and do the missions tomorrow? I did the first few (through the one after you fight BB), but I really want to throw some XP at a few of these servants before I start seriously grinding (namely Karna and Drake since those will be very useful for grinding).

By the way, limit breaking the gacha CEs in this seems like a better deal than in most past events. It doesn't just double the benefit; it goes from +20% to +50%. The one with Rin and Rani is also quite good just from a gameplay standpoint - +15% to Arts and Buster when limit-broken.

If you follow a guide you have about 2k AP over the 3 weeks extra.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Sorry if this was posted before, but this is a pretty good walkthrough for the event.

http://kaleidoscopedia.net/

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

don't waste stuff on karna, outside of the bosses in each node they're made up of mostly cavalry class enemies he has no advantage on. drake is a great investment though, since she can stomp the caster-type enemies.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dang, Passionlip's attacks look pretty cool, what with the 3d giant claws and stuff.

edit: I've noticed a few animation updates. Elizabeth Lancer's attacks and NP look different, as does Jack's NP.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

:hmmyes:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
The animation update has given Elizabeth some serious idol power. Just in time for her TV debut on the Bb Channel!

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Hm, BB seems kind of annoying so I'm wondering what her real deal is so she gets good.

The event itself seems kind of fun so far and I hope the Wanted Servant fights are entertaining.

Raven9686
Feb 17, 2012

A Bystander posted:

Hm, BB seems kind of annoying so I'm wondering what her real deal is so she gets good.

The event itself seems kind of fun so far and I hope the Wanted Servant fights are entertaining.

tbh BB comes of as an actual monster.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

A Bystander posted:

She doesn't, despite her cutesy act she's about as evil as they get. The other sakura faces are good though.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I love Liz and I love her new updates.
Best little dragonlet. I wanna pet her tail.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
There are some real bastards who I like/tolerate so far in this game but BB hasn't done much to endear me to her. I do appreciate her honesty with wanting me dead and I will admit I'm still on Act 2 because having to grind to move forward with the plot is the only thing I don't like with this event.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I realized earlier this afternoon that BB is basically a more photogenic, Sakura-flavored version of Mojo from X-Men

Didn't really affect how I feel about her positively or negatively, though

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Nah guys, BB is just your cute and lovable kouhai who believes in tough love :)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
In this BB filled times let me remind you all of the real best girl who deserves everyone's love.

https://imgur.com/a/9VpInTW

OnimaruXLR posted:

I realized earlier this afternoon that BB is basically a more photogenic, Sakura-flavored version of Mojo from X-Men

Didn't really affect how I feel about her positively or negatively, though

BB is Sakura if the torture she was subjected to growing up was 4chan and not worms.

Jokes aside, when you're trying to determine if BB is likable or a good person or not, remember: She is Sakura. Let that speak for itself. :v:

A Bystander posted:

There are some real bastards who I like/tolerate so far in this game but BB hasn't done much to endear me to her. I do appreciate her honesty with wanting me dead and I will admit I'm still on Act 2 because having to grind to move forward with the plot is the only thing I don't like with this event.

Fair warning: That is a lot of events.

If you don't find BB funny at this point, you probably won't come to find her funny later. She has some good moments, but I'm not that big a fan of her, myself. :shrug:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 24, 2019

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There's reasons why she does things, she just likes dicking you over while doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I will take a break talking about those Sakuras to talk about this Sakura instead.

:toot: