Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I was worried for a second Nora actually was going to take Nerons deal.

The look Zari gave Charlie when she asked if she was straight.

Zarlie clearly needs to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chokes McGee posted:

I was too until neron was out of des’ body and I suddenly went, you clever sons of bitches

I saw that coming but wasn't sure if Constantine was in on it or Nora's ego would get her in over her head.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Now the real question is why did Ray agree to the possession in the first place? This episode established that you had to be willing or get your soul ground down in purgatory for a demon to take over. There Wasn't enough time for the Ikea treatment so just what deal did Ray strike with Neron?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Mona only works as a side character and not as a main driving force of the episode with her bestiality angst. So this episode is a major improvement over the last few that featured her prominently.

Vietnamwees posted:

Hey, I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

And who the hell let GARY of all people onto the time ship in the first place?!

Hasn't he already been able to wander onto the ship uninvited with his transporter thing several times? Ava has as well at certain points I'm pretty sure. They're part of the government organization that's technically overseeing the Legends and in charge of them, it makes sense that they would have access.

E. Revenant posted:

Now the real question is why did Ray agree to the possession in the first place? This episode established that you had to be willing or get your soul ground down in purgatory for a demon to take over. There Wasn't enough time for the Ikea treatment so just what deal did Ray strike with Neron?

Either sending a soul to purgatory is something that can happen almost immediately, or Neron was somehow able to instantly communicate with him and struck some sort of deal with him where he would kill Nora or something if Ray didn't agree

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 24, 2019

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Loved Sarah telling Zari to "woman the ship" (i.e. "Man the ship")

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Ray's pureheartedness is going to either destroy Neron or somehow transform him into a force for good, and it's gonna own big time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I want it to be even simpler than that: I want Ray to shrink in the Atom suit, and Neron has to vacate because he doesn't fit anymore.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

E. Revenant posted:

He might not have taken a deal really. At least judging by the previews for next week where Neron's trying to take over but Ray can still talk and stuff. So it could be some sort of out-of-the-ordinary case.

Speaking of Ray, does it seem like he's getting less action in the field as Atom or is that just me? I feel like maybe the LoT crew might have already stretched their meager effects budget too far and can't afford any more Tiny Ray scenes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Davros1 posted:

Loved Sarah telling Zari to "woman the ship" (i.e. "Man the ship")

Reminded me of Magicians.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ruddiger posted:

Zari can do better than Charlie

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Ray's pureheartedness is going to either destroy Neron or somehow transform him into a force for good, and it's gonna own big time.

let's all welcome Neron, Prince of Lies, Bargainer of Souls to the time idiots

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Zari can do better than Charlie

Sarah's unavailable.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
In-fur-no: "The team discovers a trapped Selkie, and Mick and Zari infiltrate a furry convention to find her skin. In 1900s London, Neron has a heart to heart with Ray about their relationship, but things don't go as planned. The situation between Sarah, Ava, and Gideon gets stranger."

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

ruddiger posted:

Would Zari's sexual orientation matter anyhow? Charlie's a shapeshifter, she can turn into whatever Zari's into.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

kjetting posted:

Would Zari's sexual orientation matter anyhow? Charlie's a shapeshifter, she can turn into whatever Zari's into.

this would be super weird

so let's do this poo poo :getin:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Chokes McGee posted:

In-fur-no: "The team discovers a trapped Selkie, and Mick and Zari infiltrate a furry convention to find her skin. In 1900s London, Neron has a heart to heart with Ray about their relationship, but things don't go as planned. The situation between Sarah, Ava, and Gideon gets stranger."

I love that I can't tell if this is real or not.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Popelmon posted:

I love that I can't tell if this is real or not.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Time travel makes you gayer until your full on pansexual.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Time travel makes you gayer until your full on pansexual.

Eventually time travel allows you to bang yourself.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Predestination is an excellent time travel movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It is and Sarah Snook should be on this show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Eventually time travel allows you to bang yourself.

Or your become your own grandpa.

That sounds like something that would have happened to Mick. Or better yet, Nate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Or your become your own grandpa.

That sounds like something that would have happened to Mick. Or better yet, Nate.

Definitely Nate.

Poor, sweet Nate is definitely his own Grandpa.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Definitely Nate.

Poor, sweet Nate is definitely his own Grandpa.

Or Ray is Nates grandpa!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Or Ray is Nates grandpa!

Wait, we already know Nate's grandpa!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Rhyno posted:

Or do we???

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe Nate is his own grandma?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Rhyno posted:

People tend to have more than one grandpa.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

People tend to have more than one grandpa.

Oh poo poo! Plot twist! Nate is BOTH of his grandpas!

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Chokes McGee posted:

this would be super weird

so let's do this poo poo :getin:

Oh god, is that in Mick's next book? Because I can see Mick saying, "The only thing better than 3 is 4".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Oh poo poo! Plot twist! Nate is BOTH of his grandpas!

Nate and Ray are each others Grandpas!

I choose to believe that Nate knew Nora was innocent because Ray told him, and he knows his best bro would never, ever lie to him, even for the hot demonic goth sorceress he's got a thing for.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When Nate told Ray "come on you're the Atom" for a moment I forgot he had a superhero suit.

At this point I just see Ray as a friendly dude who hangs out around the ship.

Not this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grU4cM2fX5g

And definitely not the dude in Scott Pilgrim.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet the suit is broken again.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I bet the suit is broken again.

I bet Brandon Routh just hates wearing it because it looks uncomfortable as poo poo to be in so they write around it as much as possible.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I think Ray and Sara are the only ones that really have "costumes" anymore*. I guess unless you count Mick and Constantine since they just wear the same clothes all the time.

*I guess Nate does but now he's not really around plus literally everybody realized his looked horrible

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Atom suit is apparently the most expensive thing on set and has its own team.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I think Ray and Sara are the only ones that really have "costumes" anymore*. I guess unless you count Mick and Constantine since they just wear the same clothes all the time.

*I guess Nate does but now he's not really around plus literally everybody realized his looked horrible

So far Nate's only used the Steel suit for the crossovers. Zari whipped it out once to make fun of it though. But yeah, Charlie doesn't have a costume because she's not actually Amaya, and Zari only wore her super suit during the Earth-X event so she didn't look like an out of place hobo in her usual flannel gear amid a sea of costumed dorks.

Come to think of it, I think Earth-X is the last time we've seen the White Canary suit on Sara too. The show's largely fallen out of using everyone's proper costumes as it's drifted further from its premise of "Time-traveling super heroes saving history" to "Time-traveling idiots who have super powers".

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The White Canary suit made an appearance on Arrow last week.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

The White Canary suit made an appearance on Arrow last week.

I haven't really kept up with Arrow or Flash since they came back from winter break so I'm incredibly behind on both shows and just shitposting in their threads because why not.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

nine-gear crow posted:

I haven't really kept up with Arrow or Flash since they came back from winter break so I'm incredibly behind on both shows and just shitposting in their threads because why not.

To be fair, both shows have also been shitposting, so y'know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While searching for that Ray clip I watched a bunch of Arrow clips in the meanwhile and every scene is people guilt-tripping each other over the most minute details. Man I do not miss those shows.

As long as we keep not getting the Hawk people back, this show is a dream come true.