Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doltos posted:

Love Stephen, love him, he's the absolute worst at endings so this shouldn't be praise

It's hard to tell if he wrote some of his endings first when he's high as a motherfucker, or last at the end of a epic binge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Speaking of Stephen King and GoT, apparently Bronn's gonna be in the Dark Tower tv series

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Crow Jane posted:

Speaking of Stephen King and GoT, apparently Bronn's gonna be in the Dark Tower tv series

Playing "a cowboy". Like, no poo poo

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

Playing "a cowboy". Like, no poo poo

There's only a handful of cowboys in the story so that actually narrows it down a fair bit. I'm wondering if he plays Roland's father.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
If we're critiquing, Bran killed the Umbers by waiting for Jaime instead of doing green sight recon.

Bran is not humanity's friend.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I know nothing about The Dark Tower, I hope he just plays Bronn in chaps.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I hope the Bronn crossbow plot is a setup for a Bronn spinoff

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

The main character is a cowboy-type character, but by the events of the main story he's the last of his kind. The other cowboys that appear in the story are all in flashbacks.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Crow Jane posted:

And nothing else

:tutbutt:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I hope the Bronn crossbow plot is a setup for a Bronn spinoff

A friend of mine had a surprisingly well thought out highdea for a Bronn in Space spinoff

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Crow Jane posted:

It's a direct sequel to a Handmaid's tale where Gilead takes it real old school.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

Wait, this is finally happening? Awesome

e: why the hell is a babyfaced 25 year old playing Roland? They've already ruined it.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 24, 2019

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Basebf555 posted:

There's only a handful of cowboys in the story so that actually narrows it down a fair bit. I'm wondering if he plays Roland's father.

I was hoping Jerome Flynn would play the murder-train

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Basebf555 posted:

The main character is a cowboy-type character, but by the events of the main story he's the last of his kind. The other cowboys that appear in the story are all in flashbacks.

If I had to take a guess, he'll play Cort, the dude who trains the gunslingers.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Bran reveals that the Night King can only be killed during a lunar eclipse when his powers are disrupted. Every one panics because there won’t be one in time so he has Jamie push him off the tower again and then wargs into the moon using his momentum to accelerate its orbit.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Dark Tower is being helmed by a Walking Dead showrunner and the people who made the awful film. At least you ASOIAF fans got several great seasons out of Game of Thrones, there will never be a good Dark Tower adaptation:(

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mantis42 posted:

e: why the hell is a babyfaced 25 year old playing Roland? They've already ruined it.

He may be playing a much younger Roland. I expect a big part of the show will be Roland's first major battle, which that actor seems age appropriate for. I think Roland was younger than 25 when it happened but the actor is babyfaced, like you said, so he can probably play a teenager.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Idris Elba was the only good thing about the Dark Tower movie. It’s a shame they couldn’t just keep him and start over.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
If they can't swim, what are the White Walkers going to do about Essos?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

It's a bit :goonsay: I know, but the chains are literally wrapped around the dragon's neck.

What may be a better question, though, is what were they carring those monumental chains around for; that could be explained with "bad writing" but it also reinforces the "the Night King knew they would come with a dragon, and that he would have to drag its carcass out of the lake" idea.

Word of GRRM is that white walkers can do metal work with ice. They’re ice chains.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

PostNouveau posted:

Her not being able to act is going to sink her career.

Sophie Turner is good

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Idk why she gets so much flak or much praise, she's not the best part of scenes but she doesnt suck the life out of them. She doesnt seem to ever really mesh with the vibe of other characters ever though, she feels like a time traveler or something.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 24, 2019

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

plainswalker75 posted:

Iceberg flotillas

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Clarke, on the other hand, is bad city

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Idris Elba was the only good thing about the Dark Tower movie. It’s a shame they couldn’t just keep him and start over.

Ehhhhh

Mantis42 posted:

Dark Tower is being helmed by a Walking Dead showrunner and the people who made the awful film. At least you ASOIAF fans got several great seasons out of Game of Thrones, there will never be a good Dark Tower adaptation:(

Name a better duo than Stephen King and terrible adaptations

I actually like all the cheesy 1980s/90s King movies. The langoliers owned

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ElGroucho posted:

Clarke, on the other hand, is bad city

This is true

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Problem is she had an aneurysm after S1 that stole her acting ability. Wanting her fired feels too heartless so I can't rightly complain about her acting.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

plainswalker75 posted:

I think they only care about Westeros. Probably related to only Westeros experiencing years long seasons.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROFL Octopus posted:

Sophie Turner is good

Nah she blows but so do a lot of GoT actors. I think the problem is a lot of them haven't had time to develop their skills since the majority of the big names in GoT didn't have a lot of acting experience before getting cast. Specifically Sophie Turner and Kit Harrington. Maisie Williams is surprisingly good and I think her career will be fine. None of them are as bad as Emilia Clarke. I just picture the directors of Me Before You and Terminator Genisys giving their producers the silent treatment for pursuing her due to the GoT fame.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

yeah I dont think jon is any better than sansa. He's really not good. He's been carried by people who can act up until daenerys.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Doltos posted:

Maisie Williams is surprisingly good and I think her career will be fine. None of them are as bad as Emilia Clarke.

I’ll just agree with you here. I can’t deal with Clarke and Harrington, but everyone else I think is at the top of their game.

My girlfriend can’t get over Khaleesi and I can’t hate the character more. :(

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Sophie Turner apparently developed some pretty bad depression from reading criticisms of her online. Gotta say I wouldn’t have done well as a teenager if nerds online were tearing into me, my acting, my looks, etc

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Emilia Clarke was great in season one because she absolutely Nails terrified child bride. But she can't do Warrior Queen to save her life

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Ego-bot posted:

I think they only care about Westeros. Probably related to only Westeros experiencing years long seasons.

See now this is kind of dumb because there's so much harping on this is the once and for all battle for continued human existence and it's like nah actually as far as anyone can tell the majority of the known world, including most of the major cities, will be largely unaffected by it beyond losing access to the resources/trade coming from Westeros.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

There's no reason the Night King can't learn how to use boats. He's a smart lad.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Thermos H Christ posted:

See now this is kind of dumb because there's so much harping on this is the once and for all battle for continued human existence and it's like nah actually as far as anyone can tell the majority of the known world, including most of the major cities, will be largely unaffected by it beyond losing access to the resources/trade coming from Westeros.

I'd love to see a series where the White Walkers win and now they have to go to Sothyros to fight all the basilisks and malaria.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

There's no reason the Night King can't learn how to use boats. He's a smart lad.

Surfboards made out of the shields of fallen Westorosi soldiers

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mantis42 posted:

I’d always assumed they’d freeze the narrow sea between the Vale and Braavos

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The NK has no beef with easteros. He's not some kind of bloodthirsty lunatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

No Wave posted:

Problem is she had an aneurysm after S1 that stole her acting ability. Wanting her fired feels too heartless so I can't rightly complain about her acting.

She didn’t lose it, it’s just stuck in her eyebrows. She just needs to open whatever chakra is near the face or something