Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Crow Jane posted:

I feel like both of the Tyrell women on the show were pretty perfect. And idk, I find Cersei's elephant fixation and weird friendship with Qyburn sort of endearing.

Olenna ruled but I always felt like Marge was a Ned character too. She falls into the category of tries to play the Game of Thrones but was in way over her head. She also kinda had no shame with Renley and Tommen.

Cersei is a weird one. I want to like her because she got the short end of the stick in her life and has had a lot of poo poo thrown at her, but she tries to be Tywin and doesn't have any of the political saavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Margery was great at scheming and executing her plans, but at the end of the day she was a woman in a man's world and a man forced her to stay in a building while it blew up.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I'd say Margery, like the Tyrells, was only as strong as the allies she made in the end, tho she was very good at making them and knew how to play that game. At first said allies were the Lannisters directly with Joffrey, but then it became Tommen aaaaand...yea, he was too weak to defend her properly. So she got nabbed by the Sparrows and came under their 'protection', but they were religious idiots that severely underestimated Cersei, so the Tyrells died thanks to being dragged down by the stupidity of those they worked with, essentially.

Olenna was the only one that escaped that fate...and she, too, died due to Tyrion being a dunce with his strategy.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Crow Jane posted:

I feel like both of the Tyrell women on the show were pretty perfect. And idk, I find Cersei's elephant fixation and weird friendship with Qyburn sort of endearing.

I'm still thinking about the post earlier asking what if the Zombie Mountain is the only person she talks to. Just Cersei telling him about her day and sharing gossip

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Idk, I guess I don't really count them not being exactly successful against them being good characters :shrug:. One of my favorite things about book Cersei was that she was turning a little Robert-y in that she was drunk all the time and getting too fat for her clothes.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I know deaths in this season heavily speculated, but did FYAD just spoil GoT again? Have there been any leaks?

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Crow Jane posted:

Idk, I guess I don't really count them not being exactly successful against them being good characters :shrug:. One of my favorite things about book Cersei was that she was turning a little Robert-y in that she was drunk all the time and getting too fat for her clothes.

Book Cersei is an example of Martin's actual strengths as a writer. He expresses her viewpoint so perfectly that instead of hating her for being a petty spiteful bitch you yourself become a petty spiteful bitch as you read it

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

zenguitarman posted:

I know deaths in this season heavily speculated, but did FYAD just spoil GoT again? Have there been any leaks?

Think it’s just them screwing with people. No leaks that seem legitimate that I know of.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Its Coke posted:

Book Cersei is an example of Martin's actual strengths as a writer. He expresses her viewpoint so perfectly that instead of hating her for being a petty spiteful bitch you yourself become a petty spiteful bitch as you read it

cersei owns

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

zenguitarman posted:

I haven't seen a GoT spoiler anywhere yet so I don't believe it.

FYAD needs to be deleted anyway.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Doltos posted:

No it doesn't. They need somewhere to go or they'd be in here instead.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

zenguitarman posted:

None of the leaks say Tyrion dies, they're just speculating the Winterfell dead will be iced and kill everyone in the crypts like some people here

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So are the rules on rising the dead known at this point? Is it enough to just die in the north? Does the skellington king have to be within a certain mile radius to auto-rez all the fossils? What with them namedropping dat crypt so loving often it would be weird if they didn't make dead SkeleStarks pop up to nibble on people.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Doltos posted:

There are spoilers for this weekend’s episode out there, but FYAD is just trolling.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Lol Ned's skeletal head floating around trying to bite people or shoot frost out of his hanging jaw like a FPS enemy

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Have any of the wights ever been fully skeletal or have they all had some meat on em?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Mindblast posted:

So are the rules on rising the dead known at this point? Is it enough to just die in the north? Does the skellington king have to be within a certain mile radius to auto-rez all the fossils? What with them namedropping dat crypt so loving often it would be weird if they didn't make dead SkeleStarks pop up to nibble on people.

So far looks like the bodies need to be within 100-200 yards of NK and he raises arms up.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Wise fwom yo gwave

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Everybody calling for Headless Ned while I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed for Wolfhead Robb

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Emilia Clarke was great in season one because she absolutely Nails terrified child bride. But she can't do Warrior Queen to save her life

It's those loving eyes, all she can do is :stare:

That's it, she makes exactly one face and it's :stare:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Why hasn't the NK made a direwolf into a wight yet tbh

Zombie Summer when ??

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Its Coke posted:

Lol Ned's skeletal head floating around trying to bite people or shoot frost out of his hanging jaw like a FPS enemy

Ned Stark's skull flying around as a Lost Soul from Doom.

Raccooon posted:

So far looks like the bodies need to be within 100-200 yards of NK and he raises arms up.

K then it better loving happen. If they're dumb enough to hide in tunnels filled with dead people they deserve whatever the gently caress happens to them! Nibble them, skellies!

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Was there ever any significance to the dire wolfs other than would be cool if all the kids got there own wolf?

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

King Vidiot posted:

It's those loving eyes, all she can do is :stare:

That's it, she makes exactly one face and it's :stare:

Isn't it because she had brain damage after season 1? Like literal not a joke brain damage

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I think Lady the direwolf might be in the crypt. Her head can fly around biting things with Ned

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

esperterra posted:

Zombie Summer when ??

Let's focus on ice spiders before we start getting fancy with super expensive "big dead ice dogs."

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Mister Perky posted:

Everybody calling for Headless Ned while I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed for Wolfhead Robb

:hmmyes:

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Crow Jane posted:

I think Lady the direwolf might be in the crypt. Her head can fly around biting things with Ned

The Winterfell crypts are pretty much just going to be pac man

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

By the way, Sophie Turner's family adopting the dog that played Lady irl may be the most :3: behind the scenes thing about the show, imo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Raccooon posted:

Was there ever any significance to the dire wolfs other than would be cool if all the kids got there own wolf?

Symbolism, and they're badass.

In the books its not just Bran that can warg, so its a bigger deal. They all warg into their wolves.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

Oh come on nothing says grief like raping your sister on you dead incest sons coffin. That is just a classic scene in every movie.

Nobody liked Joffrey, so it seemed like a good occasion for a celebration. Also, gotta get crackin' if you wanna refill the bench!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Crow Jane posted:

By the way, Sophie Turner's family adopting the dog that played Lady irl may be the most :3: behind the scenes thing about the show, imo.

Did they? My friend visited all the dire wolfs in a behind the scenes thing for her youtube and they were all there.

Edit: just looked it up she did adopt her. Funny side point, the whole reason the dogs were CGI'd out was because the real dogs weren't good at following directions and they didn't get that big after season 1.

Doltos fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 25, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

esperterra posted:

Zombie Summer when ??

We have seen a zombie horse and polar bear but where are the rest of the zombie animals?????

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Night King doesn't know what to do with all these zombie pigs, let alone the zombie ants.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Now I want Nymeria's pack to show up and have them start rising as zombie wolves whenever one falls

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

esperterra posted:

Now I want Nymeria's pack to show up and have them start rising as zombie wolves whenever one falls

Crap. I forgot about them. They're gonna fight for the good guys aren't they?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Solice Kirsk posted:

In the books, almost definitely. In the show I kinda doubt they'll show up, but I'm not completely writing it off yet. I feel like the Nymeria scene last year was D&D's way of going 'okay book readers look she exists but we aint using her so arya's gna say goodbye'

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Doltos posted:

Night King doesn't know what to do with all these zombie pigs, let alone the zombie ants.

Zombie beached whale.

It's just dragged to the battlefield by 50 zombies and does nothing. But it's there!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well the VFX boss man said that Ghost has significant screen time this season, and they did kind of show Nymeria and her pack out of nowhere last season so I wouldn't be shocked of Chekhov's Wolf shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
We better see some of those zombie giants do something other than stand in the background. The elephant budget has to go somewhere.

Hope they burned Wun Wun's corpse. Rip