Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Preston Waters posted:

I'm sorry you're so neurotic. You should probably go see a psychiatrist in case it's undiagnosed aspergers.

The rest of us have not received any indication that Rey is a teenager. But even if she was and is over 18 it's completely legal. Also as someone with parents who are 9 years apart who have been happily married for 35 years, 11 years doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Feel free to continue making GBS threads up the thread about being triggered by a big nothingburger though.

Age of consent is actually 28 in the new republic, it’s way illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Daddy Thanos posted:

Why does it say "lusting after teenagers" when he was talking about a woman in her twenties

because I almost exclusively post in CSPAM, which has a basic failure of understanding about most things without going into raging autism mode

i also post itt and in the stellaris thread in games. that's it.

edit: also my last av was of my titular character from Blank Check kissing a grown rear end woman.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

thanks for the life story guy who can't make a post without making fun of autism

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Preston Waters posted:

I'm sorry you're so neurotic. You should probably go see a psychiatrist in case it's undiagnosed aspergers.

The rest of us have not received any indication that Rey is a teenager. But even if she was and is over 18 it's completely legal. Also as someone with parents who are 9 years apart who have been happily married for 35 years, 11 years doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Feel free to continue making GBS threads up the thread about being triggered by a big nothingburger though.

you don't have to be like this friend. we love you. the star wars spoilers thread is here to help

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Worthwhile analysis takes time so lol at all the people itt trying to dunk on review videos for being longer than the thing they're reviewing.

Don't @ me I'm off listening to a 400 hour podcast about The Lord of the Rings.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

sassassin posted:

Don't @ me I'm off listening to a 400 hour podcast about The Lord of the Rings.

Filthy casual. I’m currently slogging through podcast where two dudes spend about an hour analyzing each chapter of Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time. And I am eating that poo poo up.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

High Lord Elbow posted:

Filthy casual. I’m currently slogging through podcast where two dudes spend about an hour analyzing each chapter of Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time. And I am eating that poo poo up.

Whoa, wait, I need that. Name please?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

long analytical videos are bad, long analytical podcasts are cool

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
long analytical videos can be good if they're done by people who aren't obnoxious nerds with lovely politics.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

Whoa, wait, I need that. Name please?

wotspoilers.com

Two dudes from Portland (which tells you all you need to know about their demeanor).

They are unabashed WoT fans so don’t expect much criticism, but it’s enjoyable how they pick apart the different plot threads and character motivations with the context of the whole story. I appreciate what I’ve been rereading far more after hearing their take.

They are on episode 206 atm, somewhere in book 4 of 13.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Equeen posted:

long analytical videos can be good if they're done by people who aren't obnoxious nerds with lovely politics.

How long are we talking? If they're not obnoxious nerds, wouldn't they be doing something better with their time?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

High Lord Elbow posted:

wotspoilers.com

Two dudes from Portland (which tells you all you need to know about their demeanor).

They are unabashed WoT fans so don’t expect much criticism, but it’s enjoyable how they pick apart the different plot threads and character motivations with the context of the whole story. I appreciate what I’ve been rereading far more after hearing their take.

They are on episode 206 atm, somewhere in book 4 of 13.

I'm all about that, thanks!

Violator
May 15, 2003

I don’t mind super long videos as long as it’s about the subject matter and not the reviewer. If the video has more footage of the reviewer than the subject I usually don’t like it. And I super hate anything themed. Of everything I hate on YouTube, I think I hate That Nerd With The Glasses the most. He some how has an entire network built around himself and it’s all terrible.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Brother Entropy posted:

long analytical videos are bad, long analytical podcasts are cool

I dunno man. Both are pretty bad.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Violator posted:

I don’t mind super long videos as long as it’s about the subject matter and not the reviewer. If the video has more footage of the reviewer than the subject I usually don’t like it. And I super hate anything themed. Of everything I hate on YouTube, I think I hate That Nerd With The Glasses the most. He some how has an entire network built around himself and it’s all terrible.

The Nostalgia Critic. Yeah, he's the worst. Though a few good people did manage to scrape their way out of his lovely network, like Lindsay Ellis. Her 2 3 part series on The Hobbit and the negative effect it had on the New Zealand film industry was really fantastic and has been nominated for a Hugo award.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

That's literally because it's easier to just record yourself talking than to put the extra effort into editing video on top of that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

thrawn527 posted:

The Nostalgia Critic. Yeah, he's the worst. Though a few good people did manage to scrape their way out of his lovely network, like Lindsay Ellis. Her 2 3 part series on The Hobbit and the negative effect it had on the New Zealand film industry was really fantastic and has been nominated for a Hugo award.

I generally don't care for her but this was a really interesting series.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

thrawn527 posted:

I hope that guy gets colorectal cancer

never in my years have I seen a more punchable face

Brother Entropy posted:

thanks for the life story guy who can't make a post without making fun of autism

why do you think I'm joking? I never joke about autism

Preston Waters fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 24, 2019

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

Preston Waters posted:

I hope that guy gets colorectal cancer

never in my years have I seen a more punchable face

why do you think I'm joking? I never joke about autism

For the record, I don’t think you’re joking.

I think you’re projecting.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

High Lord Elbow posted:

For the record, I don’t think you’re joking.

I think you’re projecting.

Projecting wisdom into your mind!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Noone's ever really gone.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
For those of you who are unaware, this is a new canon comic where a nurse is obsessed with Darth Vader and thinks he's in love with her. It's very reminiscent of things like Phantom from the Opera and the Little Mermaid. drawing right on that female fantasy. Then Vader kills her and calls her garbage, which is the closest thing she gets to a name.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Anyway, I bet she's Snoke.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

For those of you who are unaware, this is a new canon comic where a nurse is obsessed with Darth Vader and thinks he's in love with her. It's very reminiscent of things like Phantom from the Opera and the Little Mermaid. drawing right on that female fantasy. Then Vader kills her and calls her garbage, which is the closest thing she gets to a name.

Why would anyone think this was an interesting idea.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Taintrunner posted:

The gently caress?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That is one of the worst things I have ever read.

And sometimes I read my own posts!!!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Taintrunner posted:

Who on God's green Earth thought "Harley Quinn meets Darth Vader" was a good idea?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

KSSSH HOOO KSSSH

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I hate this.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I'd take Han Solo punching a Space Otter a million times over this.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Haha, women, am I right?!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah yes, ah yes, finally, the time has come, when all who have forsaken the Star Wars Extended Universe - have come around to embrace it, as even for all its faults, it never sought to steep to such lows as to impress the Mouth of Black Mouse the Great.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Ah yes, ah yes, finally, the time has come, when all who have forsaken the Star Wars Extended Universe - have come around to embrace it, as even for all its faults, it never sought to steep to such lows as to impress the Mouth of Black Mouse the Great.

I bid you dark greetings... from the Mofference Room

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arc Light posted:

I bid you dark greetings... from the Mofference Room

Ah yes, ah yes. I appreciate your fine gesture from my throne atop the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Don't forget, Darth Vader is a tragic hero and not a villain.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NEU is just hurdling past OEU in terms of garbage stories nobody should want to tell

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

hahah is this poo poo real?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

YaketySass posted:

This has to be a jab at Aphra, right?

Aphra being "what if evil Indiana Jones, but also a Vader fangirl", one of the most popular characters of the new canon.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

hahah is this poo poo real?
yes, but it happened a long time ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Taintrunner posted:

That last frame. Darth Vader murdered Pam Poovey!