Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Totally unrelated, have they said anything about Bryan's injury or is it still all quiet on that front?

Still all quiet

If you're wondering about Sasha:

Dave posted:

The Sasha Banks situation also remains unchanged. She isn’t happy and the company isn’t reacting much to her. The attitude right now from the company side is that she can go sit out the rest of her contract if she wants to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
All this is is gonna do is make any indie wrestlers who have even remotely built a brand for themselves that much more hesitant to sign a long term contract with WWE. So uhh, yeah keep doing it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
how much time is left on sasha's contract and aren't they just going to freeze it/add time to it if she's not at the shows

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how much time is left on sasha's contract and aren't they just going to freeze it/add time to it if she's not at the shows

2 years. Extending it to 2023 or longer would be nuts and give them PR damage when (again) they've never let a male talent sit longer than 10 months before granting them a release. Even Harper would only be 11 if he sat from now until next March when his deal's now ending

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

2 years. Extending it to 2023 or longer would be nuts and give them PR damage

how many minors did the KSA just kill the other day again?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

She just re-upped recently. So years.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

"I THOUGHT KEVIN WAS MY FRIEND"
"I know buddy, I know."

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
poo poo, the WWE stock’s already down 10 points on the day, might as well do some spring cleaning on the roster. Just let Harper go already, guys. Send Sasha packing and release some of the guys on NXT that will never be used.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Just going through the Observer and Dave lists the rosters as they stand now after the Shakeup & then further tinkering.

Smackdown really has 1 face tag team, Heavy Machinery? I assume he's not included New Day because Big E is out for the time being but that's an unbalanced roster.

He also said "If there wasn’t the doctrine not to book Anderson & Gallows, they could fill the void, and they still could." What on earth is that about?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

In chart form

This chart owns and I can't believe WWE publishes it every quarter

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Just going through the Observer and Dave lists the rosters as they stand now after the Shakeup & then further tinkering.

Smackdown really has 1 face tag team, Heavy Machinery? I assume he's not included New Day because Big E is out for the time being but that's an unbalanced roster.

He also said "If there wasn’t the doctrine not to book Anderson & Gallows, they could fill the void, and they still could." What on earth is that about?

They've been pretty obvious about leaving when their contracts are up.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Aphrodite posted:

She just re-upped recently. So years.
I don't understand why someone would re-sign if they were that unhappy with how they or anything else was being booked. From the sound of it Sasha has been disillusioned for the last couple of years; how much money did they throw at her feet to not just gently caress off when her then-current contract was up?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

pressedbunny posted:

I don't understand why someone would re-sign if they were that unhappy with how they or anything else was being booked. From the sound of it Sasha has been disillusioned for the last couple of years; how much money did they throw at her feet to not just gently caress off when her then-current contract was up?

They'd been jerking her around about maybe listening to her and doing the tag belts as a thing around then, and she did think that'd mean a big push because it's what her and Bayley tried for at least a year to get

So she signed, then they finally did it, had them retain like once and then drop it at the biggest stage possible to move back down to the low-card

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Our guys aren’t employees, they’re contract workers!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don't get how wwe can allow you to sit out your contract. Does that not violate their end of the contract? Like isn't the whole point of having a contract that both parties will live up to their expectations? If you're not booking the person doesn't that give them the right to go elsewhere?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The_Rob posted:

I don't get how wwe can allow you to sit out your contract. Does that not violate their end of the contract? Like isn't the whole point of having a contract that both parties will live up to their expectations? If you're not booking the person doesn't that give them the right to go elsewhere?

They have downside guarantees. WWE reserves the right to bury you for x amount of $.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Aphrodite posted:

publicly or privately? because given how the WWE handles these things, they may be stuck here for a very long time.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
WWE would probably argue that as long as they keep paying them, they can pay them to sit at home. Vince has enough money that he can pay people to put them in a drawer for years. Given women’s average wrestling career length they may gamble that putting Sasha on the shelf for 2-3 years may finish her.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

Better Woolie is now the Worst Woolie.

Woolie was always the best.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Can I just get the loving gasoline and matches now?!?

Lacking that, where can I donate some cash for torches and pitchforks for the masses?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1121438083487080449

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1121438478712000512

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Lmao that Goldust quietly slipping out the back door hosed over our beloved Lou Parper trying to exit out the front

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It seems obvious to me that maybe you shouldn't publicise that you've asked for your release until after its been approved? If not than WWE will just bury you and extend your contract to publicly save face.

Like you'd think Harper and Sasha would learn from how Neville was treated. Like I understand it's effective if your goal is to make WWE look like the villain, but it's not super useful if it's putting your ability to work elsewhere in jeopardy if you're not planning to fight it in court. Harper seemed to be trying to leave on positive terms too.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 25, 2019

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wwe doesnt give a gently caress about golduts and hell who can blame them

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Tomahawk posted:

According to Meltzer WWE is not only not granting Luke Harper a release but is adding 6 months to his contract for the time he missed during wrist surgery

What a company

jesus christ bet this does wonders for morale.

harpers been nothing but a good soldier with the dumbass things they've done with him if theyve done anything at all.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

They have downside guarantees. WWE reserves the right to bury you for x amount of $.

is the downside enough to live on? cuz i'd just say gently caress it and sit at home until vince decides he doesnt want to write me checks anymore

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Aphrodite posted:

Makes sense given WWE wasn't booking them anyway. I don't suspect WWE downside money is good enough to waste years not even getting on TV when you're a big enough name outside that other promotions want you.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My hot take: you shouldn't use racist or homophobic slurs, and if you do, you should sincerely apologize and try to be a better person.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

HidaO-Win posted:

WWE would probably argue that as long as they keep paying them, they can pay them to sit at home. Vince has enough money that he can pay people to put them in a drawer for years. Given women’s average wrestling career length they may gamble that putting Sasha on the shelf for 2-3 years may finish her.

Luckily she's an independent contractor and can find other work!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jackie D posted:

Luckily she's an independent contractor and can find other work!

i wonder what would happen if sasha or haper tried to go on jon oliver's show lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dacap posted:

It seems obvious to me that maybe you shouldn't publicise that you've asked for your release until after its been approved? If not than WWE will just bury you and extend your contract to publicly save face.

Like you'd think Harper and Sasha would learn from how Neville was treated. Like I understand it's effective if your goal is to make WWE look like the villain, but it's not super useful if it's putting your ability to work elsewhere in jeopardy if you're not planning to fight it in court. Harper seemed to be trying to leave on positive terms too.

Yeah, and people who have not gone public have also not been granted their release. The issue isn't staying quiet or not, the issue is whether the WWE think you can be of value to the competition. Or potential competition. Or potential distant number 2 that's not going to in anyway be competition but still offer enough of an alternative to drive wrestler pay up. Tye Dillinger & Goldust were deemed not that important.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i wonder what would happen if sasha or haper tried to go on jon oliver's show lol

Aside from the obvious answer of "really bad comedy because it's Jon Oliver's show", the WWE would probably stop it much like they stopped Undertaker & Angle from doing Starcast. If you've a contract with the WWE they even have control over your appearances. Which seems to run contrary to what an independent contractor is but hey, we all know that's bullshit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least there's less of their defenders online today. Weird how timely that is, huh

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Aside from the obvious answer of "really bad comedy because it's Jon Oliver's show", the WWE would probably stop it much like they stopped Undertaker & Angle from doing Starcast. If you've a contract with the WWE they even have control over your appearances. Which seems to run contrary to what an independent contractor is but hey, we all know that's bullshit.

HBO has the money to dare WWE to sue them over it unlike conrad but i was thinking more if maybe vince would shitcan them if they reached out

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

HBO has the money to dare WWE to sue them over it unlike conrad but i was thinking more if maybe vince would shitcan them if they reached out

I liked the bit in the Wrestling Observer this week where Conrad is told he'll be offered a suitable replacement, and then said "OK, give me Vince, Stephanie or HHH and we can donate all revenue generated to their charity, Conor's Cure, and I'll match the donation so we double it." Which is funny as a windup which makes WWE look bad on the charity front when they inevitably turn it down if nothing else.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I wonder if WWE would even try to start poo poo with HBO given that they're ultimately AT&T and could buy WWE with pocket change

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

All it would take is one good lawyer willing to take on a wrestler's "WWE independent contractor" case pro bono, and I guarantee you that particular wrestler would be granted their release quicker than Kevin Dunn could do jump cuts between cameras.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
have snoop fund lawyers for sasha

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Anyone have investor call highlights? Only thing I’ve seen is that Vince said they’re gonna have a new beginning in September. That new beginning thing they do every 3-6 months never really seems to pan out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

Anyone have investor call highlights? Only thing I’ve seen is that Vince said they’re gonna have a new beginning in September. That new beginning thing they do every 3-6 months never really seems to pan out

The "new beginning" is the Fox stuff they think will fix everything
Tiered Network keeps getting kicked down the road
Barrios didn't deny that hour 3 of SD is being talked about
No Saudi questions answered
No update on TV in India and UK
HHH says they don't take stars, they make stars
Net loss of $8.4mil
Network subs day after this Mania was down 6% compared to day after last Mania (both paid and free down year-over-year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Tomahawk posted:

Only thing I’ve seen is that Vince said they’re gonna have a new beginning in September. That new beginning thing they do every 3-6 months never really seems to pan out

Ah, taking a page out of the Marvel/DC handbook I see.

Chris James 2 posted:

HHH says they don't take stars, they make stars

On what planet?