Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Yeah, this is Trump's 'Murica. We don't care about an outrage that isn't happening right in front of our eyes, in real time, and even then we'll probably just go "meh".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

It's all over the news, doesn't help that several of those beheaded were minors, and one was due to start college in the US after summer. Well that and the public crucifiction. I'm sure the average mouthbreathing wrasslin fan doesn't give a gently caress but the investor class is going through a serious existential crisis when it comes to continue doing business with them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pretty funny going back watching old NXT Takeovers for the Bailey reactions and then seeing the absolute silence she's getting on Raw/SD the last two weeks :whitewater:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

the investor class is going through a serious existential crisis when it comes to continue doing business with them.
:laffo:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Pretty funny going back watching old NXT Takeovers for the Bailey reactions and then seeing the absolute silence she's getting on Raw/SD the last two weeks :whitewater:
go watch battleground 2016 lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

the investor class is going through a serious existential crisis when it comes to continue doing business with them.

Is this a joke post

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

You must've missed her really bad 20 second promo that was as bad as the Genesis of McGuilicutty.

Well, nothing lives up to the Genesis of Gabriel.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

:ironicat:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

go watch battleground 2016 lol
i just took my own advice and it was actually really depressing haha :smith:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I didn't say it was because of their nonexistant morals, it's the optics of the situation. None of them want any given 24 hour cable news channel calling them up asking why they condone what KSA is doing. They obviously don't personally give a poo poo if kids are getting their heads chopped off.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I canceled my subscription again. Kofi won the title, that was worth a month of my money, but this company just can't get out of its own gosh darned way.

Ah well. Looking forward to the upcoming trainwrecks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

i just took my own advice and it was actually really depressing haha :smith:

Yeah this is crazy. RIP Bailey

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris James 2 posted:

Tiered Network keeps getting kicked down the road

What's this now? WWE planning to add a commercials package or are they planning to make like NXT and tournaments cost more than random documentaries?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I didn't say it was because of their nonexistant morals, it's the optics of the situation. None of them want any given 24 hour cable news channel calling them up asking why they condone what KSA is doing. They obviously don't personally give a poo poo if kids are getting their heads chopped off.

You should take a gander at who owns those cable news channels

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Incessant Excess posted:

Yes but that was during the height of the Kashoggi news, I'd expect the next show to be closer to GRR than to CJ with regards to the commentary.

Hey, kinda new to checking wwe again here: what the gently caress??

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It's hilarious that WWE is so inept they're blaming not having Cena and Reigns around for losing 8 million bucks. No no, it's not the lovely storytelling, the waste of talent or pushing of mediocrity, it's because the BIG DOG has been gone for a bit. Incredible

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Alan_Shore posted:

It's hilarious that WWE is so inept they're blaming not having Cena and Reigns around for losing 8 million bucks. No no, it's not the lovely storytelling, the waste of talent or pushing of mediocrity, it's because the BIG DOG has been gone for a bit. Incredible

Well it’s not exactly like they’re gonna be real about their problems on the investor call. They’ll be honest about as much as they’re legally required to but Vince probably sees the investor call as just another audience of marks for him to work

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hey, kinda new to checking wwe again here: what the gently caress??

In 2018 WWE made a like 10 year contract with Saudi royalty for a large amount of money to do regular shows for the country and seemingly propaganda.

Their first show generated some controversy for being paid propaganda and all that but not as much as you would probably hope to expect. The 2nd show happened a week or two after the death of Jamal Khashoggi and people were a lot more vocal about how hosed up this was actually. There was some actual mainstream pressure for WWE to cancel the show and a lot of negative media around their decision to continue with it anyway. In the end they made a whole lot of money though so I'm sure WWE considers it a big success.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Also WWE's defense was literally "lots of other US companies are still doing business with SA and nobody is complaining about them"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The first event

quote:

"I understand that people are questioning it, but you have to understand that every culture is different and just because you don’t agree with a certain aspect of it, it doesn’t mean it’s not a relevant culture," Paul Levesque said. "You can’t dictate to a country or a religion about how they handle things but, having said that, WWE is at the forefront of a women’s evolution in the world and what you can’t do is affect change anywhere by staying away from it."

The second event

quote:

"Moving forward with Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia was an incredibly tough decision, given that heinous act," chief brand officer Stephanie McMahon said.

"But, at the end of the day, it is a business decision and, like a lot of other American companies, we decided that we're going to move forward with the event and deliver Crown Jewel for all of our fans in Saudi Arabia and around the world."

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
On topic:

Happy 1st anniversary to this :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSgFUbMdPWk

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hyper Oof but what about the GRR Commentary?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

She was cheered big time this past week, the crowd deflated when she lost.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love that the company is so bad at promotion that fans have to scour tweets to try and figure out who will be on the Largo Loop.

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1121508780762644481

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dean Malenko quit his agent job with the company https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/04/25/wwe-dean-malenko-simon-agent-departs

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

never fire a horseman

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jesus WEP posted:

utterly meaningless of course but who doesnt like a lol at a graph

By my back of a fag packet calculations, Vince McMahon will have lost something just shy of $400m between close of business yesterday & close of business today. So that's funny even if in the end it doesn't actually matter much.

(A quick google said he owns 28.7m shares and that's all the effort I was willing to put in to work this out)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hell yeah Dean Malenko get out of there and get paid elsewhere

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

forkboy84 posted:

By my back of a fag packet calculations, Vince McMahon will have lost something just shy of $400m between close of business yesterday & close of business today. So that's funny even if in the end it doesn't actually matter much.

(A quick google said he owns 28.7m shares and that's all the effort I was willing to put in to work this out)

Chill Rhea

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

do we know if he quit or if he retired?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's 99% likely to agent/produce at AEW and he and Jericho have stayed in touch recently

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wish Malenko could still go in the ring, though I'd be happy if he wanted to be an agent elsewhere.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I mean this sincerely, a great many investors literally look at,"How much money was made this year, are we on track to make more money than that this year and next year?" and that's where their interest begins and ends. A 15% drop in the share price is a big deal but most of the investors will be thinking,"Fox money kicks in next year, that means the company is more profitable and my shares will be worth more" and that is the extent of any further thought they'll give it.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, if the share price falls enough they'll get concerned and sell up, but their concern will strictly be on the value of their investment and have nothing to do with whatever lovely practices or optics are involved.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
DEAN MALENKO, THE BIG STINKO

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

THOSE CRUISERWEIGHTS CAN TEXAS CLOVER-LEAVE, BROTHER

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

"Fox money kicks in next year, that means the company is more profitable and my shares will be worth more"

Isn't the Fox money already accounted for in the current stock price?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Big Show is hilarious on Happy! this season. If you're not watching it, you should be. He plays a very sensitive prison boyfriend to a mob boss.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

This is the perfect time to buy wwe stock and sell it for a profit when those tv deals and blood money come in. Making money 80s style.

Doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

oldpainless posted:

This is the perfect time to buy wwe stock and sell it for a profit when those tv deals and blood money come in. Making money 80s style.

Day bow bow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Chick.... Chicka chickaaaaaaa