Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

stab posted:

Why? Am i missing something here?

(He's working for my company for the first time on saturday)

Ethan Page is a good dude who actually seems to care about his fellow wrestlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

He’s a pissbreak wrestler and a transphobe

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

his highspots show is secretly the best one

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

stab posted:

Why? Am i missing something here?

(He's working for my company for the first time on saturday)

Ethan Page, without my permission and certainly without compensation, used my tweets in his little webshow. I take that poo poo personally. He's a greasy little weirdo riding my coattails to greatness.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

coconono posted:

Ethan Page, without my permission and certainly without compensation, used my tweets in his little webshow. I take that poo poo personally. He's a greasy little weirdo riding my coattails to greatness.

....you want to be paid for words you wrote on twitter?

Seriously or joking here man?

Public domain?

(I don't care either way but if that's a reason to be mad that one HELL of a hill to die on)

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

stab posted:

Public domain?

(I don't care either way but if that's a reason to be mad that one HELL of a hill to die on)

:thejoke:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

stab posted:

Public domain?

I went on a party bus with Ethan Page to an AAW show a few years ago and he seemed genuinely stoked to be there and just answered all my dumbass questions with great zeal. So I'm a fan.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Cool. Thanks for the info guys.

Being canadian and not really following what happens on social media or in the US indies, you'll have to pardon my ignorance. It really is a different world up north than what you're used to haha.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i believe the tweets in question were death threats, or death threat adjacent

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What's this about Page being a transphobe though? That's not good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when john silver and josh alexander were both inactive i told ethan he needs to hook up with alex reynolds to form the monster beavers and he said alex reynolds is too much of a prick to work with and that made me anti ego

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh
Reynolds is a prick though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

aaw has used ace austin like twice so if he's ditching warrior wrestling for them i hope he at least got more bookings out of it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

aaw has used ace austin like twice so if he's ditching warrior wrestling for them i hope he at least got more bookings out of it

He's in tight with Sami and the Crist's so I'm sure he'll be fine. Seems like most of that regular Rockstar Pro crowd is taking over the midwest right now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

i believe the tweets in question were death threats, or death threat adjacent

It’s been a while but I believe they involved saliva and urine. Page doesn’t rate for feces.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd wager most wrestlers are transphobes and it makes me sad.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A few years ago on a podcast he got defensive about being allowed to misgender trans people. I’ve long since forgot the source but it was pretty gross and the host apologized the next week. Bad man!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
GCW Show in like 10 minutes

Joey Janela vs Tony Deppen
Nick Gage vs Conor Claxton
Marko Stunt vs Jimmy Lloyd
Homicide vs Colby Corino
Mance Werner vs Shlak
Gringo Loco vs Ophidian
Dustin "No Legs" Thomas match & maybe more tba?

$10.99 on fite.tv

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

A few years ago on a podcast he got defensive about being allowed to misgender trans people. I’ve long since forgot the source but it was pretty gross and the host apologized the next week. Bad man!

I would hope he's evolved on that issue in the intervening years but I don't know if they book him there

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

FOLKS,

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I think NienNumb died midway through posting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

never thought Neinnub would brietbart in the indie thread

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I loving wish

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Someone crashed a corvette into the ring truck at GCW, killing the web stream for a few minutes

https://twitter.com/bellestardust/status/1121577726970822656

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Looking forward to GCW's next show, gently caress Corvettes

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Do we know where Enzo is?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

when john silver and josh alexander were both inactive i told ethan he needs to hook up with alex reynolds to form the monster beavers and he said alex reynolds is too much of a prick to work with and that made me anti ego
Alex Reynolds is loving wallpaper.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Cory Lidle posted:

Alex Reynolds is loving wallpaper.
I've talked a friend about this: Alex Reynolds is very much A Good Hand (with a rep for being a great trainer, as well), but the current indie scene is not really about Good Hands. He's a valuable part of a locker room/card, but not in a way that's super engaging from a fan POV.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Looking forward to GCW's next show, gently caress Cornette

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

I think NienNumb died midway through posting.

If only that Evolve joke was bad enough to kill

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1121459636459180032

real bad week for AAW

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

his debut was announced weeks ago and doesnt occur for another couple weeks so there is no construction by which you could peg tjp in aaw to this week

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh

davidbix posted:

I've talked a friend about this: Alex Reynolds is very much A Good Hand (with a rep for being a great trainer, as well), but the current indie scene is not really about Good Hands. He's a valuable part of a locker room/card, but not in a way that's super engaging from a fan POV.

So accurate. The guy is also a god when it comes to chain wrestling but personality is what ultimately makes or breaks you in the indies and it’s something not everyone is good at unfortunately. It’s hard to consistently come out of your shell and subject yourself to trial and error when it comes to personality. There’s so many good indie wrestlers that fall under this category that you would never hear about because they lack that extra umph to push them to the next level.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I watched Nate Webb drink spilled beer out of a man's hair at AIW tonight, just wanted you all to know

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Draxion posted:

I watched Nate Webb drink spilled beer out of a man's hair at AIW tonight, just wanted you all to know

Edit: I should confirm that this happened.

Were you over by where Joey Janela and Nate Webb were walking through the crowd during Webb’s entrance, by the time Janela got to where I was he was dejectedly saying “I thought this was supposed to be everyone vs everyone” and I didn’t catch what happened.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 27, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

karmicknight posted:

Edit: I should confirm that this happened.

Were you over by where Joey Janela and Nate Webb were walking through the crowd during Webb’s entrance, by the time Janela got to where I was he was dejectedly saying “I thought this was supposed to be everyone vs everyone” and I didn’t catch what happened.

No, sadly, I didn't catch that either. Neither of them really went past me.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 27, 2019

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Dlowmx posted:

So accurate. The guy is also a god when it comes to chain wrestling but personality is what ultimately makes or breaks you in the indies and it’s something not everyone is good at unfortunately. It’s hard to consistently come out of your shell and subject yourself to trial and error when it comes to personality. There’s so many good indie wrestlers that fall under this category that you would never hear about because they lack that extra umph to push them to the next level.
Hmm, what are the Alex Reynolds chain wrestling matches I need to see?

I wouldn't even say he's completely lacking in personality, though, and he and John Silver compliment each other well. But he's basically Tye Dillinger without the TEN, a utility wrestler. There's absolutely nothing WRONG with that, and in fact the Uncharted Territory format probably makes him more valuable to Beyond than he's ever been before.

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh

davidbix posted:

Hmm, what are the Alex Reynolds chain wrestling matches I need to see?

I wouldn't even say he's completely lacking in personality, though, and he and John Silver compliment each other well. But he's basically Tye Dillinger without the TEN, a utility wrestler. There's absolutely nothing WRONG with that, and in fact the Uncharted Territory format probably makes him more valuable to Beyond than he's ever been before.

I've seen the dude train and wrestle before shows and stuff so I couldn't name anything off the top of my head. I agree with Uncharted Territory being a boon to him and he a boon to Beyond. What I meant to say by personality is having that larger than life personality/character or gimmick that transcends everyone else. His version of TEN to agree with your point.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/ViolentMiracle/status/1122659262541500416

🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you can see the mlw stink wafting off those jpg artifacts