Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Mameluke posted:

They should bring Edmure back because a) people just kind of poo poo on him for no reason, like just because he can't hit a moving pyre at 200 feet doesn't mean anything, and b) Tobias Menzies is a serious hottie

That serious hottie thing can be a problem for the show. Like, it took me a very long time to realize I'm not meant to want Dany to gently caress hot, gallant Iain Glen

Also because he's one of the best actors on TV.

I'm starting to think it was a mistake to kill the King's Landing cast off in the sept explosion because now basically 95% of the characters are fighting for the Good Guys in Winterfell and down south, with Bronn having hosed off, we just have Cersei, Euron, Qyburn and the zombie. Which makes it seem even more likely that there'll be a schism between Dany's forces and Jon's forces purely because there needs to be one for dramatic tension. Have I forgotten some non-Winterfell story thread that hasn't been spotted in season 8 yet but might rear its head again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

This rules. Even the writers have no idea what the characters where doing ten pages ago in the scripts, there is no chance in hell that they keep track of anything in the books. It's YOLO writing, but in a really bad "I don't caaaaaaaare" way

That's cute :3:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Hear me out here guys, but maybe Sam, Tyrion, and Manderly are all GRRM inserts. There's no reason he couldn't have written parts of himself into several characters.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Every character is a GRRM insert.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Gregor Clegane is GRRM insert.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

GoutPatrol posted:

Smothered and covered

In cum

And lemoncake

Write this fanfic someone, please.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

some guy on the bus posted:

Write this fanfic someone, please.

I’m sure it already exists

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Let’s ask real questions: which characters would GRRM gently caress?

Raccooon posted:

Gregor Clegane is GRRM insert.

The Mountain That Doesn’t Write

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It might be easier if we ask which characters he wouldn't gently caress.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The Mountain That Doesn’t Write

Every character is both a self-insert and someone GRRM wants to gently caress. Except Jorah.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

GRRM would definitely self-insert into dany

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I hope the ending is GeRRM waking up and telling his naked wife “I had such a weird dream... crap it just went away”

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Arya is probably dead, and his body float somewhere in that city where she traveled to become assassin.

Probably that water that she drinked from kills you, and a minion from the many faces god replace you with a clone of your body and the same face and feelings.

The ending will be every god have a avatar in the winterfell battle, and they will grown 20 foot high and have a battle royale (god royale?), ignoring the mortals.

The resulting apocalypse will turn westeros into the British Islands.

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747
GRRM's self-insert is Aegon the Unworthy. He even predicted his own likely passing.

quote:

The reign of the unworthy monarch finally ended in 184 AC. At only forty-nine years of age, he had become so morbidly obese he could not walk anymore, making many wonder how his last mistress could endure his embrace. Aegon died a horrible death, his bloated body so swollen that he could not even lift himself from his couch that became covered in his feces. Aegon's limbs were rotting and crawling in hosts of flesh worms, and the maesters said they had never seen the like of this before.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

It might be easier if we ask which characters he wouldn't gently caress.

Oh that's a easy one. All characters over the age of 15.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Ending:

Everyone dies except Tyrion, Arya and Gendry. They are trapped in the forge with the zombies outside two big doors.

Gendry improvise 1 giant hamster ball, and they put Tyrion inside. The ball have obsidian spikes (so any zombie the ball touch goes poff).
They release tyrion in this hamster ball to roll around and kill all the zombies.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I just assume the show is skipping over time when someone would be sitting in their castle or whatever waiting for someone else to arrive to move the plot forward. It's not like every episode = 1 month or something. Oh god now I've been lured into posting about it.

Yeah besides the dragon thing that was a bit of a stretch for the most party it's pretty safe to just assume time moved forward enough to allow for travel. People complaining about "time travel" are caught on all the wrong things.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

Vegetable posted:

Lyanna Mormont is a little poo poo and it’s a testament to the weakness of northern men that she still has any power at all

Kind of like with Jeoffry though. The men fight better with their lord present.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
One of my novels has 8 main characters of various genders and they're all me. Writers insert themselves into everything.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Lyanna Mormont sucks

If she were a boy, everybody would say "man, that kid is a real poo poo"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

Lyanna Mormont sucks

If she were a boy she'd be Ned Umber and he just got his rear end whacked by a bunch of very artistically-minded White Walkers.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

ElGroucho posted:

Lyanna Mormont sucks

She was amusing when she was first introduced, but the writers heard that people liked her and thought they'd make her a recurring character.

The zombies don't give a poo poo how sharp your tongue is kid, no one has time to protect you on the battlefield.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Yea, one of the problems of fighting against zombies is half the warfare books are useless. You can't scare the zombies. You can't confuse the zombies.

Is more like fighting against a snow avalanche than fighting against a army composed of soldiers. You can't negotiate with the zombies, you either have the streangh to stop them, or they will run over you.

Also lets imaginate this. Giant battle. All the zombies die, only a handful of people survive. Survivors are all "Woot!, yayyyyyy!!!". And then the NK appears and raise the arms, and a new army of zombies raise, the previous defenders of the castle.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The only real way for it to end is for them to do some kind of hivemind deal where once you kill the Night King the rest of his army stops working at collapses. The Walkers' powers have been built up too much to be anything the living could ever realistically stop.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

The only real way for it to end is for them to do some kind of hivemind deal where once you kill the Night King the rest of his army stops working at collapses.

haven't they already said several times that this is how it works?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Hobo Clown posted:

The only real way for it to end is for them to do some kind of hivemind deal where once you kill the Night King the rest of his army stops working at collapses. The Walkers' powers have been built up too much to be anything the living could ever realistically stop.

romanowski posted:

haven't they already said several times that this is how it works?

Yeah this was established last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJMyz5MBE2s&t=90s

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Nicely subtle bit of storytelling imo

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Farrier Theaks posted:

Nicely subtle bit of storytelling imo

Why doesn't the last one drop too? Plot armor?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Spun Dog posted:

Why doesn't the last one drop too? Plot armor?

A different Wight may have turned him.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Talking out loud here but i wanted to write out what I'm thinking about Cersei's strategy. Cersei's strategy to not help the North doesn't seem that bad of an idea, right? She has two enemies, the NK and Dany. I don't think she's really differentiating between the two at this point (maybe she should since she's facing a non-traditional enemy with the undead) because she will eventually fight them both. She just sees this as a "well I have a net amount of enemy to fight, why not let them kill each other as much as possible so the total enemy I have to fight will be less than what there is right now." If an unsullied or another dragon gets turned, it's still a single enemy unit in her eyes. The only thing is if the undead win and continue their march south they'll add more bodies to their army as they go through various towns.

Jon Snow also mentions to Cersei that the undead can be killed with fire, and we've seen wildfire used with great success multiple times so maybe that'll be the trick up her sleeve to defeat them? I think the battle for the north (Dany vs NK) will change the game at which point Cersei can just adapt to whatever that change is and then deal with it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
A different white walker turned him and this is obvious to everyone who isn’t a nerd desperately nitpicking

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

A different white walker turned him and this is obvious to everyone who isn’t a nerd desperately nitpicking

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings about the tits and dragons show with a question.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's also obvious to the characters on the show. They have this exact conversation at the end of that scene and reach the same conclusion as to why the one wight didn't crumble.

If you're gonna nitpick it's a bit convenient that the walker just had the one "loaner" wight with him though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

As Nero Danced posted:

The zombies don't give a poo poo how sharp your tongue is kid, no one has time to protect you on the battlefield.

It can be huge deal for the ones fighting the zombies though. Joan of Arc for example did not fight alongside her troop but her presence inspired them to fight harder.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

yeah and I'm pretty sure they've also literally said in dialogue, more than once, that killing the night king will stop the entire army of the dead. like that's the whole point of using bran to try to draw him into the godswood or wherever. not sure how someone could miss that

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
See the case of Goons v. TV-watching, filed repeatedly and continuously since 1999.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sorry, guess it was just something I had assumed and I forgot it was from it being shown before.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Weaponized Autism posted:

Talking out loud here but i wanted to write out what I'm thinking about Cersei's strategy. Cersei's strategy to not help the North doesn't seem that bad of an idea, right? She has two enemies, the NK and Dany. I don't think she's really differentiating between the two at this point (maybe she should since she's facing a non-traditional enemy with the undead) because she will eventually fight them both. She just sees this as a "well I have a net amount of enemy to fight, why not let them kill each other as much as possible so the total enemy I have to fight will be less than what there is right now." If an unsullied or another dragon gets turned, it's still a single enemy unit in her eyes. The only thing is if the undead win and continue their march south they'll add more bodies to their army as they go through various towns.

Jon Snow also mentions to Cersei that the undead can be killed with fire, and we've seen wildfire used with great success multiple times so maybe that'll be the trick up her sleeve to defeat them? I think the battle for the north (Dany vs NK) will change the game at which point Cersei can just adapt to whatever that change is and then deal with it.

It’s a pretty bad idea. She will be fighting both armies plus three ice dragons at once when the NK beats Jon and Dany, and just having wildfire isn’t enough. She’s severely underestimating the undead, which you alluded to. If she helps them defeat the undead, she will then only have to fight two dragons (maybe less if they die in battle) and a much smaller force of northerners/unsullied/dothraki. Maybe she’s just waiting for the right time to swoop in and look like a hero while plotting to stab everyone in the back, but to me that seems more like a Tywin move and she’s well past that.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
cersei a) doesn't know the aotd breached the wall and b) that they have an undead dragon

As far as she's concerned , Dany can either torch all the undead or lose her dragons trying.

Cersei is doing just fine based on her info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

mastershakeman posted:

cersei a) doesn't know the aotd breached the wall and b) that they have an undead dragon

As far as she's concerned , Dany can either torch all the undead or lose her dragons trying.

Cersei is doing just fine based on her info.

There's literally a line of dialogue in the premiere where Qyburn goes 'the wall has fallen and the dead are coming' or whatever and Cersei just goes 'lol who cares?'