Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

gently caress this L1 loving Michelle pretending to know how someone :airquote: really speaks :airquote:. that poo poo pisses me off so much

the way Mercedes and Plastique was treated by everyone is a loving disgrace and everyone involved should be loving ashamed of themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Yeah the way Mercedes was treated really rubbed me the wrong way, it just really felt like they goaded a really awkward storyline out of her that barely even had enough depth to qualify as tokenism. Haven’t watched whatcha unpacking but Michelle seems like the kind of faux-wordly type that speaks basic phrases in 6 languages but can’t actually hold a simple conversation in any of them

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Michelle is a bag of trash on fire

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Yeah the way Mercedes was treated really rubbed me the wrong way, it just really felt like they goaded a really awkward storyline out of her that barely even had enough depth to qualify as tokenism. Haven’t watched whatcha unpacking but Michelle seems like the kind of faux-wordly type that speaks basic phrases in 6 languages but can’t actually hold a simple conversation in any of them

It's just one big extremely-dumb-gay-speak-tourettes-having cat and mouse game. Intersperse it every now and then with a "but we're all family!" Nudge nudge. And poor Plastique, you can really tell she wants to be in the Ru world and be accepted but she feels uncomfortable. Compare it to Rajah's whatcha packin where Rajah gets to spin a whole new story about how she loved everyone and everyone loves her and blah blah blah

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Jr. posted:

C O O T E R S L A M

God Bless Cheyenne Jackson.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

There was one episode where Rajah O'Hara was like "how come the queens who aren't out to their families are always so quiet and shy?"

Yeah can't imagine why.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
As far as I can tell the way Mercedes and Plastique are getting treated is barely even being registered by anybody so we got a long ways to go before we can go back to calling this community "inclusive" again

Then again we've never had a Latin queen win so I guess it's just always been there

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Eej posted:

Then again we've never had a Latin queen win so I guess it's just always been there

Bianca Del Rio?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

People like to forget Bianca is latinx for some reason lmao

Violet technically is too but she is far more white passing so I get it. Like people forgetting Trixie is first nations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I always forget Bianca, mostly cause I was thinking of PR queens but didn't want to leave Valentina out

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Did no one actually mention But I'm A Cheerleader this episode, or did I just miss it?

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011

Stroop There It Is posted:

Did no one actually mention But I'm A Cheerleader this episode, or did I just miss it?

No, and we had Clea and Natasha as judges on back to back separate episodes. :cry:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Stroop There It Is posted:

Nobody did and twas a missed opportunity to not have both Clea and Natasha the same week imho !!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

resting mitch face posted:

God Bless Cheyenne Jackson.

One of my favorite moments was when Plastique escaped out of the cop car, Cheyenne immediately said “Cat’s out of the bag! Cat’s out of the bag!”

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Eej posted:

As far as I can tell the way Mercedes and Plastique are getting treated is barely even being registered by anybody so we got a long ways to go before we can go back to calling this community "inclusive" again

This season has been really weird and unpleasant because of how tonedeaf it's been. We got a Muslim queen? Let's be weird about it. We got a Vietnamese queen? Let's be weird about it. Let's do a cop show, and a Trump musical, and say nothing meaningful.

Kinda just sticking around for Vanjie, Brook Lynne, Nina and Shuga tbh.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The cynical part of me wants to say that the producers cast Mercedes and Plastique specifically for being minorities, for the specific purpose of wanting to talk about inclusion as the "theme" of this season, given the US's political climate, without realizing that they can't talk about it with any sort of nuance. So we ended up here where the minority queens are basically being subtly marginalized because being a minority is all the producers see in them.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Something about those Davenports. A'keria has crept up on me the same way Kennedy did. They're both super deadpan.

Shuga Cane is like Mrs. Kasha Davis without a catchphrase which is somehow simultaneously more depressing and a relief. Remember when MKD left the stage shouting IT'S ALWAYS TIME FOR A COCKTAIL and then said it AGAIN in Untucked when her rear end got in the getaway van? I wanted to die. I still want to die thinking about it.

Eej posted:

Silky is gonna be the first big queen to win
This has a sting of truth to it, oofa.

I don't think I've wheeled on a look harder and faster than Silky.That thing doesn't hold up to ANY scrutiny. How the gently caress do you not remember to add wings to a fly costume? They've got hella wings, dogg, it's kind of their defining feature. Hell, they're called FLIES.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Apr 28, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

“Hell they’re called FLIES”

:lol:

That was great - thanks. :) I caught Untucked yesterday and ugh, that costume in unflattering light made Silkys costume even worse. The judges panel is goddamn blind.

I wonder how she’ll be received on the finale after all the poo poo she seems to be getting.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Vintersorg posted:

I wonder how she’ll be received on the finale after all the poo poo she seems to be getting.

Ru, sitting awkwardly on a stool and not moving a single muscle that isn't necessary for speech: "Now we go to our second of the final three, the Reverend Doctor Silky Nutmeg Ganache! Now, Silky, your larger-than-life attitude and un.stoppable spirit rubbed some people the wrong way, what do you have to say about that?"
Silky, wearing a sequin tube sock stretched over her entire body: "RU I'M GONNA FIGHT ALL THEM HOES I KNOW I GOTTA loving LIPSYNC FOR THE CROWN SO IM GONNA loving LIPSYNC FOR THE CROWN I GAVE IT ME AND IM GONNA KEEP GIVING IT ME AINT NO TALENTLESS HOES UP IN HERE BUT ALL YALL BITCHES"
Ru, in the exact same tone of voice as before: "Wow!"

curiousTerminal fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 28, 2019

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I'm a straight-passing white dude from the South and even I have loving understood code switching since I was a teenager. What the gently caress

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

curiousTerminal posted:

Ru, sitting awkwardly on a stool and not moving a single muscle that isn't necessary for speech: "Now we go to our second of the final three, the Reverend Doctor Silky Nutmeg Ganache! Now, Silky, your larger-than-life attitude and un.stoppable spirit rubbed some people the wrong way, what do you have to say about that?"
Silky, wearing a sequin tube sock stretched over her entire body: "RU I'M GONNA FIGHT ALL THEM HOES I KNOW I GOTTA loving LIPSYNC FOR THE CROWN SO IM GONNA loving LIPSYNC FOR THE CROWN I GAVE IT ME AND IM GONNA KEEP GIVING IT ME AINT NO TALENTLESS HOES UP IN HERE BUT ALL YALL BITCHES"
Ru, in the exact same tone of voice as before: "Wow!"

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I really hope Silky both goes home AND gets slapped down on the show for being too loud and obnoxious, otherwise we're in for a real shouty season 12.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks like the major queens support Silky's antics. :/

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Absolutely take Silky to the finale, I could season ten meals with the salt she’ll have when Brook wins.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I can't stop saying "you gon slap it tuh-day" to myself.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 30, 2019

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I think Akeria has this one. Ru's been itching to crown a Davenport and Akeria's the first who both came out of the pageant shell AND maintained quality throughout. I reckon Brooke's going to be pipped at the post on this one.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

im okay with Akeria winning with the caveat that some apologies are due to Plastique and Mercedes at the reunion show

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008
I caught up on the last few Untuckeds. Ra'jah and Silky are already really unlikable in the main show but when you watch Untucked you really come to despise them. I can not wait for Silky to go home. She's the worst.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

alf_pogs posted:

im okay with Akeria winning with the caveat that some apologies are due to Plastique and Mercedes at the reunion show

This show has a real rough relationship with anyone involved admitting fault

I could totally see Silky taking the crown at this point. Her arc is reminding me distinctly of Tyra’s, Ru seems totally enamored, and she hasn’t made any major fuckups just yet.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

warez posted:

This show has a real rough relationship with anyone involved admitting fault

I could totally see Silky taking the crown at this point. Her arc is reminding me distinctly of Tyra’s, Ru seems totally enamored, and she hasn’t made any major fuckups just yet.

Tyra is the only time in the show's history that a straight up villain won the crown, and that resulted in a literal bomb threat from the queen in question. I don't see Silky taking the season any time soon.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

warez posted:

Her arc is reminding me distinctly of Tyra’s, Ru seems totally enamored, and she hasn’t made any major fuckups just yet.

Honestly, same. Where Tyra had insane loving UNT and no C, Silky has a lot of CN (whether it vibes with you or not, she's way more america's sweetheart than tyra ever could be w/r/t being likeable) and not a lot of U or T. It balances out in a weird way.

Aquaria reminded me of Ru's love for Tyra, too. You can always tell when Ru is head over heels for a queen.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Poulpe posted:

Tyra is the only time in the show's history that a straight up villain won the crown, and that resulted in a literal bomb threat from the queen in question. I don't see Silky taking the season any time soon.

tbf everyone in the old seasons could be seen as a villain, for the most part. Raven was just as much of a bitch as Tyra, even more openly so, but Raven is charismatic and shady where Tyra was just a dour bitch lmao

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

SIlky has been getting a catastrophic response from the fanbase and it's getting worse by the week, there's no way the producers see that and give her any chance at the crown.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the escape goat posted:

SIlky has been getting a catastrophic response from the fanbase and it's getting worse by the week, there's no way the producers see that and give her any chance at the crown.

Yeah I can see her fan reaction souring the producers. Ru wouldn't care tho. So it depends how much say he actually hae

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

esperterra posted:

Yeah I can see her fan reaction souring the producers. Ru wouldn't care tho. So it depends how much say he actually hae

The fans are what make the show and viewership is already starting to drop as well as people saying they're tuning out specifically due to Silky. What Ru wants can't possibly matter that much, and Ru seems to be pointing out Silky's same-ness and her reaction during the reading challenge was very :stare:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

the escape goat posted:

The fans are what make the show and viewership is already starting to drop as well as people saying they're tuning out specifically due to Silky. What Ru wants can't possibly matter that much, and Ru seems to be pointing out Silky's same-ness and her reaction during the reading challenge was very :stare:

It's also a dishwater-dull season, Vanjie aside.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

GrandmaParty posted:

It's also a dishwater-dull season, Vanjie aside.

Yeah, it's been a pretty lackluster season. There have been very few memorable moments, with Snatch Game being an absolute dud. I'm still watching, but only out of hope that it'll get better, and out of habit. A lot of my friends have stopped watching entirely. The only people I know who are still watching and loving this season are straight girls who have only seen the last two seasons.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I like this season a lot, but it just feels way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
It seems strange to do All Stars right up against a new season like this. I wonder if there is any truth to the rumor we'll be getting some other kind of Drag Race content later this year.

Speaking of villains, I am trying to think of the last time I heard anyone mention Magnolia Crawford or Robbie Turner (post ubergate).