Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
Thanks Pipistrelle. I got phoned around 2:00 p.m. and told that they'd decided to go with me, so barring background check or drug test DQ (no worries for either) I should be able to start in a couple of weeks. No more interviews is good and yesterday was indeed awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'm eating ice cream on a park bench and IDGAF.

I also pitched a chapter to an academic publication and it was accepted so there's that.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Didn't get disowned.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mikl posted:

Didn't get disowned.
Hey, seriously, huge loving congratulations. Sometimes people are poo poo like my friend's grandmother who now considers my friend basically persona non grata because of it, but if your folks aren't, that's real great.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey, seriously, huge loving congratulations. Sometimes people are poo poo like my friend's grandmother who now considers my friend basically persona non grata because of it, but if your folks aren't, that's real great.

Thanks! :)
In this instance, it was some of my (many) aunts and uncles and cousins on my dad's side, who are... Very Catholic. Mum and dad outed me to them (with my permission) yesterday, and the answer was "yeah sure, it's fine :shrug:", which honestly is the best case scenario in situations like these.
That's another thing done with.

BluJay
Oct 1, 2004

I've got my eye on the finish line
Just got an offer on a job for $25k more than I was asking for after being unemployed since Thanksgiving. Feels good! Gonna go out and get a couple celebratory bottles of booze for me and the wife!

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

BluJay posted:

Just got an offer on a job for $25k more than I was asking for after being unemployed since Thanksgiving. Feels good! Gonna go out and get a couple celebratory bottles of booze for me and the wife!

Nice. Out of curiosity, what’s your field, why were you unemployed for so long, and did you literally put down “$50,000” just to have them go, “Nah, $75,000,” like a reverse negotiation?

Little Acorns
Apr 5, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Starting to feel like myself again instead of feeling lost ..for the first time in about a month. That was an interesting experience. I can feel myself letting go of a lot of negativity and getting back to a more positive and spiritual mindset. A lot of lessons learned. New growth on the horizon.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Second day in a row my daughter's used her potty to poop! I'm getting somewhere!

BluJay
Oct 1, 2004

I've got my eye on the finish line

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Nice. Out of curiosity, what’s your field, why were you unemployed for so long, and did you literally put down “$50,000” just to have them go, “Nah, $75,000,” like a reverse negotiation?

I'm a game designer, it's a pretty tight field without a lot of openings and a lot of competition. And yeah, they thought I was worth a lot more to them than the number I gave them, which I'm ok with.

Brawnfire posted:

Second day in a row my daughter's used her potty to poop! I'm getting somewhere!

Nice! I'm trying to get my daughter to do that too right now, she ain't interested. Hope your little one keeps it up!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Pookah posted:

After a few days of humming and hawing I finally bought some CBD oil to see if it'd help with my anxiety/depression and... I think it's working?

Yeah, I know placebo effect is very possible but it's been a couple of hours and my mind just feels a lot quieter and less tetchy than usual so I don't really care if it's placebo effect or genuine, as long I feel this much better :)

edit: it does work AAAAA! I vaguely noticed that I was starting to get irritated by little things again and looked up how long CBD lasts and I was getting annoyed because it was wearing off. This is huge for me, even if I don't use it all the time, just knowing I can take some and safely give my mood a lift whenever I want is letting me feel really hopeful :unsmith:

edit2: VVV That tiling is smooth VVV

Just wanted to come back to this in case it's of interest to anyone else - I've been continuing to take CBD oil every day for the last 2 weeks and the effect it's had on my anxiety and general mood is extraordinary. I literally haven't this well and happy in years. Stuff's loving magic.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

After an irritatingly long job hunt, I got hired into a place with less work, more pay, and actual benefits.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The wife spilled a drink on her favorite hoodie and stained it. I managed to get it completely clean with some detergent and elbow grease, so happy wife!

Rorac posted:

After an irritatingly long job hunt, I got hired into a place with less work, more pay, and actual benefits.

:yotj:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Pookah posted:

Just wanted to come back to this in case it's of interest to anyone else - I've been continuing to take CBD oil every day for the last 2 weeks and the effect it's had on my anxiety and general mood is extraordinary. I literally haven't this well and happy in years. Stuff's loving magic.

That's hella cool and I'm excited for you! I have tried CBD isolate and it worked a little. Gonna try to oil for the anxious days. Thanks!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I got a daffodil award at work yesterday! Two of my coworkers nominated me for being hardworking and good with our patients. Also today I found out about Mr. and Mrs. X and I am a happy happy fangirl.

Little Acorns
Apr 5, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I've been high all day listening to music at my house and I feel just perfect and don't wanna leave or talk to anyone. About to do something damned creative.

Little Acorns has a new favorite as of 22:03 on May 1, 2019

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Scathach posted:

That's hella cool and I'm excited for you! I have tried CBD isolate and it worked a little. Gonna try to oil for the anxious days. Thanks!

I'm so excited for me! I really hope it works for you too - from what I've been reading its effect can be very individual but it really seems to be strong against anxiety. I've been harassing* family into trying it since anxiety/depression runs on both sides hard but getting anxious/depressed people to try strange new things is tough.

*by 'harass' I mean I told them about it, I haven't been bombarding them with articles on the magic power of CBD; I know how counter-productive that can be.

Pookah has a new favorite as of 08:23 on May 2, 2019

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Going back to work (not on full time) after being off for 6 months with a major depression.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Pookah posted:

I've been seriously thinking about taking CBD as a daily pill right alongside my other meds. This may be the push to actually get me to do it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

CBD has been the only way I can sleep for over a year now. I have serious body-wide chronic pain issues and it numbs it so so so well.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

queserasera posted:

I've been seriously thinking about taking CBD as a daily pill right alongside my other meds. This may be the push to actually get me to do it.

Give it a whirl - from everything I've read it'll either help or do nothing, no negative side effects. (Still check for any possible interactions with your meds tho, just to be triple-y cautious)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Got my daughter a kitchen playset and she's been happily "making coffee" and bringing it to me all morning.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Got approved for my home loan.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I have the possibility of getting a promotion at work, I just need to start the process off by taking a couple of courses on the company learning website about processes and poo poo. So I've started the first course during my overtime. I hope that this pans out, it would be nice to get off the phones. It's not awesome yet, it's not happened yet, but there is some hypothetical, tentative, possible awesomeness to come.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I just saw this thread pop back up from approx. 4000 years ago and this was where I had left off.

I need to go back... I need to warn them!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Kidney Stone posted:

Going back to work (not on full time) after being off for 6 months with a major depression.

Congrats my dude. I came off Lexapro recently after landing a job with actual good people. poo poo's a struggle but a day at a time.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

redgubbinz posted:

I just saw this thread pop back up from approx. 4000 years ago and this was where I had left off.

I need to go back... I need to warn them!

I'm still making sure homophobic bigots have bad days, what are you talking about.

Never did get that acceptance letter though. :(

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Got summer classes late in the morning. Plus my professors said that it won't be long now before I can transfer.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I got to meet our future president!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

:haw:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think I'm missing a joke. What's with the shirt?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

If it's really real, I just want to hear the exchange so bad.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I finished the first of the courses to start my progression at work today. Tomorrow I'll check with my manager exactly which course I need to take next, because I know what it covers, there are just a bunch of courses that cover the same subject so I want to go for the right ones.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
I had really bad tinnitus in my right ear and hearing loss for some time, but today they are gone.
What a relief :byewhore:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Saw Endgame with my dad last night. It was pretty good :toot: Start could take a little bit more of a nudge to get things going but once it starts rolling it keeps going.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the last three days have been absolutely loving packed with stuff.

saturday, I helped out at a local church's biannual rummage sale, and also picked up a few things, including a basket full of random silverware that had a berry spoon from 1787(the tarnished lumpy spoon in the bottom middle) and a few misc pieces from the mid-late 1800's, about 8 other pieces totaling ~10ish ounces of sterling silver(scrapped would be about $150 right now), as well as a rad soviet hat covered in soviet enameled pins and a bunch of other less awesome stuff

then mom and I took about ~100 pounds of misc clothing out to the west of the state from the rummage sale when they finished and gave it to my aunt and uncle who spread them around to the folks in the community who need it, and picked up a free treadmill while we were out there, which mom sorely needs. About a ~7 hour round trip car ride and I got to see the town my grandma lived in when she was still alive, it's been 15 years and it's changed so, so much, it's unreal

Then I went to see Detective Pikachu yesterday with my dad who for some reason also wanted to see it, it was great fun, and dad was utterly bewildered by it

today's been almost entirely cleaning and sorting, and I've gotten rid of like 50 pounds of cardboard boxes and an old TV cabinet I was using for storage use but ultimately don't need. Cleaning with visible progress always feels great. And my new hamster is sleeping in my shirt, which is a good sign that she's becoming more comfortable with me. Very productive few days! And I'm on vacation so I don't have to worry about loving work for another week!!!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I got a C in Math Alegbra II/Trig! I was half-convinced I was going to fail it so

Thank godddd

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

After my doctor scared the hell out of me yesterday, I had a cardiologist appointment today and I definitely do not need heart surgery.

Captain Invictus posted:

Very cool. Is there a new treatment for advanced pancreatic cancer that helped her? I could have sworn that when Alex Trebek announced his stage 4 pancreatic cancer, that it was discussed and someone mentioned while extremely bad, it's no longer an absolute death sentence.
T-Gen in Scottsdale Arizona used new combinations to develop the Triple and Grand Slam regimens. The triple was what my mom got, and in a pilot study released 13 days before her diagnosis, 17 of 24 participants were still alive after 5 years with 2 in full remission and most of the others having serious tumor shrinkage. The biggest thing PC needs is a noninvasive early screening.

Mikl posted:

Didn't get disowned.
*hugs*

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
I'm 39 and I just passed my driving test for my full license April 30th.
I bought a car Saturday - a Kia Soul - and I am in love with the ability to do whatever I want, when I want to do it. No more relying on other people, or asking favours, or lovely public transit, or Uber/Lyft.

I went to see Detective Pikachu by myself (because my husband doesn't care about Pokemon) and then I did groceries - it's such a small thing, you know, but after so many years of being reliant on other people's whims now I have this sense of freedom, and it is loving awesome.

Nyx, my new pride and joy.

And I personalized it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.
Congrats on the license/new car! I’ve been without for about five years now, and it was alright at first because I live in the city, but not having a car definitely hurt my social life because I hated asking people to pick me up, but I also hated having to spend hours on the bus going to visit friends. And ugh, the groceries thing! Groceries are an all-day errand without a car, and then you have to be careful about what you buy cause you’ve got to lug it with you...so, yeah. I feel your joy.

I went to the used bookstore today and traded in 4 bags of books for $50 store credit. I do this a few times a year, it’s like book recycling.