Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I use the Trakt Trending Movies and set a threshold to like 80% or whatever to filter out most crud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Unfucking believable Sonarr. I understand your poo poo but this is just unfucking believable. Like I wasn't even that mad when you kept overwriting my files thinking why yes the folder marked season 2, and the one marked season 3 totally had season 1 episodes. I wanted the Fox scifi not the PBS show about a poisoner. This is unbelievable and an insult to me as a person, I will never forgive you ever.

Edit: Okay I'll forgive you because it appears to be just the pilot episode, but you're on thin ice Sonarr!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 30, 2019

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Duck and Cover posted:

Unfucking believable Sonarr. I understand your poo poo but this is just unfucking believable. Like I wasn't even that mad when you kept overwriting my files thinking why yes the folder marked season 2, and the one marked season 3 totally had season 1 episodes.
What naming scheme are you using then? Consider not making it monitor seasons you don't want it to touch if you're having so much trouble getting it to work with your back catalogue.

Duck and Cover posted:

I wanted the Fox scifi not the PBS show about a poisoner. This is unbelievable and an insult to me as a person, I will never forgive you ever.
How is Sonarr supposed to know if the shows are named the same? Scene will usually put IMDb links in their nfo which indexers should recognize and match to a TVDB entry, but if the indexer mismatched the show Sonarr will still believe it. Fuzzy input gives imprecise output, such is life.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I’ll add my voice, Sonarr (and by extension Radarr) have been great for me. Due to my propensity for tinkering, the machine I run sonarr and radarr on does a lot of different things and I’ve rebuilt it many times for reasons not related to Usenet. I’ve never had a problem with it importing my existing library. I’ve only ever had problems with a few shows and when I figured out what the problems were it was always a thetvdb metadata issue.

The reason you only ever hear about people complaining that sonarr caused problems is because posting “sonarr is working great” isn’t a thing people think of to post on its own because “working great” is its expected behavior.

Misunderstandings in how it needs to be set up or what it’s doing account for 75% of “sonarr sucks” posts and the other 25% are thetvdb issues.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 30, 2019

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Sonarr will occasionally (maybe once every 15 downloads) not move a new episode into it's right folder, forcing me to do it manually. I wouldn't call it a common occurrence tho and am happy with Sonarr overall for sure.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Incessant Excess posted:

Sonarr will occasionally (maybe once every 15 downloads) not move a new episode into it's right folder, forcing me to do it manually. I wouldn't call it a common occurrence tho and am happy with Sonarr overall for sure.

Yeah I've got a similar problem at the moment, but it's ok, I'll get it fixed or get as much info as I can. No big deal as I can SFTP in from my phone using Solid Explorer and move it near instantly.

The main reason I haven't done this is because I'm excitedly watching the Linux ISO...

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Incessant Excess posted:

Yeah, that happens to me too, at least it's usually just 1 or 2 button presses to fix. Apart from that i haven't had a single problem with Sonarr over the last like 2 years and 5+ TB downloaded.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Keito posted:

What naming scheme are you using then? Consider not making it monitor seasons you don't want it to touch if you're having so much trouble getting it to work with your back catalogue.

How is Sonarr supposed to know if the shows are named the same? Scene will usually put IMDb links in their nfo which indexers should recognize and match to a TVDB entry, but if the indexer mismatched the show Sonarr will still believe it. Fuzzy input gives imprecise output, such is life.

It isn't having trouble with my back catalog it's something I'm downloading manually. When you have folders marked with seasons you'd imagine it'd be smart enough to go oh the user is telling me that this is season 3, I should probably assume the files contained are also season 3. It does not it sees the files with a 1-25 in the name and is like OH these are totally episodes 1-25. It's just so incredibly dumb when files aren't what they want.

Sonarr will still monitor the downloader and happily place those files in the wrong spot even if you tell it to unmonitor. You have to delete it from your series list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_video_fingerprinting There's other solutions like figuring out hey maybe this file that is unlike the others in size/quality/ratio might not belong maybe I should tell the user? Nah it's cool they'll find out when they watch it.

On another note I think I'm wrong it's not overwriting the files it's just assuming they're the same and deleting the new ones.

Radarr is fine. Not because Radarr is any better at iding but because people are better at naming movies. Well there was that time it got me like a behind the scenes thing instead of the movie at least I think that grab was automated.

Heners_UK posted:

Yeah I've got a similar problem at the moment, but it's ok, I'll get it fixed or get as much info as I can. No big deal as I can SFTP in from my phone using Solid Explorer and move it near instantly.

The main reason I haven't done this is because I'm excitedly watching the Linux ISO...

If it's a show on Sunday I think it's because the episode names aren't known until after the episode airs.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 30, 2019

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Duck and Cover posted:

If it's a show on Sunday it's I think it's because the episode names aren't known until after the episode airs.

Oh that could be it! I think it's more likely a permissions issue on my part. Since I'm on a decent connection I just deleted it through Sonarr and re-added it. Let's see. Like I say, no big deal and I'm not crying my eyes out about it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Heners_UK posted:

Oh that could be it! I think it's more likely a permissions issue on my part. Since I'm on a decent connection I just deleted it through Sonarr and re-added it. Let's see. Like I say, no big deal and I'm not crying my eyes out about it.

Edit: Oh reading is difficult. When I set up Sonarr on my Synology I did indeed have permission issues.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 30, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sonarr marks things if it doesn’t have confirmation about season/episodes. I rarely see it but it exists. Not knowing the name of something has never caused an issue for me from what I can see.

Posting screenshots of your set up/folder structures etc might flag up something we’re not seeing. Obviously obfuscate any username/password/api stuff.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sonarr marks things if it doesn’t have confirmation about season/episodes. I rarely see it but it exists. Not knowing the name of something has never caused an issue for me from what I can see.

Posting screenshots of your set up/folder structures etc might flag up something we’re not seeing. Obviously obfuscate any username/password/api stuff.

Yeah, not knowing the name doesn't have anything to do with it. It always downloads that show from Sunday night for me.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
For the last two weeks, mine has downloaded it but left it in the sonarr activity queue and not copied it over to its destination file system until the name is available. Going to activity in Sonarr lets you manually press a button to copy it over ahead of the name being released, with a temporary name based on the date.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
I cannot understand what's the problem of Sonarr about that (and whether there is a setting to tell it to just get over itself). Show X , season 10, episode 11 has been downloaded by the download manager. Hell, you sonarr told it to do that. Copy that junk (whatever it is, the entire folder if you can't figure out what's a media file and what isnt) into the destination dir, mark it done and ... be done. Move on with life.

But no, if the mkv name is mangled, if the episode name is not known, if the stars just don't align, basically any excuse and just do nothing.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

Yeah, not knowing the name doesn't have anything to do with it. It always downloads that show from Sunday night for me.

The only issue I've had is it doesn't seem to transfer it over until it knows the name. So when I wanted to watch it sooner I just had to go into the download folder, kind of an issue if you want to watch it on Plex or something. Also not a problem because last episode was a terrible dark mess of an episode it was trying to protect me all along!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Volguus posted:

I cannot understand what's the problem of Sonarr about that (and whether there is a setting to tell it to just get over itself). Show X , season 10, episode 11 has been downloaded by the download manager. Hell, you sonarr told it to do that. Copy that junk (whatever it is, the entire folder if you can't figure out what's a media file and what isnt) into the destination dir, mark it done and ... be done. Move on with life.

But no, if the mkv name is mangled, if the episode name is not known, if the stars just don't align, basically any excuse and just do nothing.

That's the behavior I'd want and expect. If someone included a bunch of extra poo poo, multiple mkvs, etc... I don't want those all copied into my plex library. (Just imaging having to deal with 2 different randomly named mkv in a season folder in plex is enough to make me shudder.) I want it to ask for help. Copying the entire directory over where that could include executable, is a really bad idea for automation.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

KS posted:

For the last two weeks, mine has downloaded it but left it in the sonarr activity queue and not copied it over to its destination file system until the name is available. Going to activity in Sonarr lets you manually press a button to copy it over ahead of the name being released, with a temporary name based on the date.
I've had the same, I have to go in to activity and manually import it to get it to transfer over before the episode name shows up.

I assume this is to prevent too much library reshuffling when people have it set up to notify Kodi/Plex to update, but it is moderately annoying when you're trying to get the content as quickly as possible.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Hughlander posted:

That's the behavior I'd want and expect. If someone included a bunch of extra poo poo, multiple mkvs, etc... I don't want those all copied into my plex library. (Just imaging having to deal with 2 different randomly named mkv in a season folder in plex is enough to make me shudder.) I want it to ask for help. Copying the entire directory over where that could include executable, is a really bad idea for automation.

Yeah, Sonarr is doing the right thing here.

Duck and Cover posted:

The only issue I've had is it doesn't seem to transfer it over until it knows the name. So when I wanted to watch it sooner I just had to go into the download folder, kind of an issue if you want to watch it on Plex or something. Also not a problem because last episode was a terrible dark mess of an episode it was trying to protect me all along!

Hmm, that might be the case. It's a very rare case where I'll watch something as soon as it airs so I might've just missed this happening.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Hughlander posted:

Oh well, i don't use plex. Which is why for me if you named the parent folder something that i know what it is, it's perfectly fine. I prefer sonarr to do its job and stop being such a whiny little bitch.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
I used Sonarr for a long while with a private torrent tracker and just moved it over to usenet because Sonarr+Deluge kept getting stuck on the whole 'extract multipart rar and move to Sonarr's sorted folder so Plex can pick it up' and wow am I glad I made the switch

Spent about 50bux for a year after I saw some nice GoT specials (35 for provider, 15 for indexer) and now it downloads at peak internet speed and Sonarr can actually do its job without issues.

10/10 would pay up again, and Sonarr continues to be a champ

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I don't know usenet this kind of thing is very annoying.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I miss .org, all these other sites suck.

I'm not deleting the bookmark :smith:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Duck and Cover posted:

Most likely you need more/better indexers.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Most likely you need more/better indexers.

"Sir is your computer plugged in?"

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
Manual import button I was referring to last week:

If you're sshing and moving stuff around manually, this may help.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

KS posted:

Manual import button I was referring to last week:

If you're sshing and moving stuff around manually, this may help.

Settings to control the behavior of this feature were implemented last week:
https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/3086
https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/commit/9b617af

To "fix" this short term you can use a rename pattern without the episode title.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
This is very useful information, thank you.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Sonarr just picked up a dozen or so episodes of Breaking Brad, a video series from a popular video game website where one dude plays hard games, thinking that it was a TV series about a guy making meth. I didn't catch it till this morning since I was out of town, and probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen there was a "Demon's Souls" episode and I got to wondering how I missed that particular crossover.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Have seen that one a lot in the listings recently. Wonder if it’s essentially a localized version of Game Center CX. That show is pretty fun at least.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

I had several of those and I think it was mostly problems with multi episode files and the naming or something. I can't remember the exact details.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Keito posted:

To "fix" this short term you can use a rename pattern without the episode title.

You know, I've decided to do away with Episode Titles entirely knowing this. I never look at the actual files for my episodic Linux ISOs these days so don't need them and I can easily turn them on.

(for anyone wishing to do the same, go to settings and change your rename pattern, then Season Editor, select all and hit organize)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Same, I don't need to look at file systems 99% of the time and when I do things like an episode title aren't going to be useful for me.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

I had several of those and I think it was mostly problems with multi episode files and the naming or something. I can't remember the exact details.

It's my indexers not having it or in the case of one having it but my providers not having enough blocks (but as I have Eweka and whatever ninja is on I'm giving up on those nzbs). Maybe one of these magic OMG DONT YOU DARE NAME OR TALK ABOUT IT indexers (or/and maybe Drunkenslug) would have what I'm missing but my tolerance for playing games so I can be part of the "private" club is pretty low. Especially when there's zero guarantee that those sites will have it. Besides I would argue that needing to be part of the secret special indexer to get all the files, is a flaw of usenet. The stuff isn't new, and not really what I'd consider mainstream so that of course doesn't help.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I see my downloader grabbed a release today by a group named '-EXTREME' that unpacked to a 20gb m2ts that wasn't marked as a REMUX but does have a .NLD. tag which I can only presume means it's a Dutch dub.

Always the worst offenders across the whole of usenet for bloody decades. Gonna add .NLD. to my ban list I think.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Heners_UK posted:

You know, I've decided to do away with Episode Titles entirely knowing this. I never look at the actual files for my episodic Linux ISOs these days so don't need them and I can easily turn them on.

(for anyone wishing to do the same, go to settings and change your rename pattern, then Season Editor, select all and hit organize)

This...is a good point that I never thought of.

In my probably decade+ of being a dirty pirate I don't think I've ever once needed to look at the episode title while looking at the actual files themselves.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Duck and Cover posted:

Sonarr's not great at grabbing full season packs in my experience. If you can't find a season NZB manually through Hydra or something, it's probably better to have a dedicated TV tracker.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Not only does Sonar suck with big packs, it seems to prefer them. It's not the issue in this case though.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sonarr has given me just as many issues as Sickbeard did, although Sickbeard didnt seem to struggle anywhere near as much with post processing, despite not actively watching the download progress in SABZNBD like Sonarr does.

Radarr is way more annoying in how it works but I use it way less than Sonarr.

and yeah, missing nzbs.org very much. so many errors/warnings/other bullshit from the 6+ indexers I have set up. :(

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Laserface posted:

Sonarr has given me just as many issues as Sickbeard did, although Sickbeard didnt seem to struggle anywhere near as much with post processing, despite not actively watching the download progress in SABZNBD like Sonarr does.
Saying that some piece of software has "many issues" is a pretty useless statement if you're not going to provide any detail.

Do you have any examples of how Sonarr is struggling with post processing? What I remember is that SickBeard (and SickRage) would just send off jobs to the downloader, and since they didn't bother putting any effort into keeping track of jobs, had a tendency to sometimes misidentify or outright fail to make any sense the downloads when attempting post processing afterwards.

I don't see why anyone'd want that kind of behavior with Sonarr, but interested parties can can disable the download client integration and use nzbToMedia post-processing scripts instead:
https://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia

Laserface posted:

Radarr is way more annoying in how it works but I use it way less than Sonarr.
How so? It does exactly the same thing.

Laserface posted:

and yeah, missing nzbs.org very much. so many errors/warnings/other bullshit from the 6+ indexers I have set up. :(
I'd just stuff all the indexers into nzbhydra2 and stop caring much about where poo poo comes from. It just works™️.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

The only issue I have with Sonarr is having to manually post process the show about dragons that doesn't release its episode title till after it airs.

Everything else has been smooth as silk. Duck and Cover, you say that your Sonarr struggles with season packs? Mine loves them, processes them neatly and tells plex its ready as well.