Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

I like the people calling out the nerds posting on an internet message board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I'm glad the Night King got owned because he had to be a big dramatic rear end and make his zombie army just stop and watch.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Adun posted:

Also why did Jon get resurrected? He didn’t seem very important to Arya killing the NK.

Because the Lord of Light really cares about which feudal lord rules from the Iron Throne and it's super important to the world now that the invincible zombie army disappeared

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

this episode is the resolution to 20 years of buildup

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

Dongicus posted:

this episode is the resolution to 20 years of buildup

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
killing the main villain halfway through the final book/season then spending the second half wrapping up clearing out the homeland from the vile usurpers who stole power while the heroes were away exactly the tolkien copying grrm promised not to do

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Guze posted:

I'm glad the Night King got owned because he had to be a big dramatic rear end and make his zombie army just stop and watch.

the white walkers/others were clearly on strike from their job because they didnt want to have to go on a work trip away from home . sure they showed up but they refused to lift a finger the entire battle and let arya just run past them because they hated their boss

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007

Adun posted:

Also why did Jon get resurrected? He didn’t seem very important to Arya killing the NK.

Arya probably skips Winterfell and goes straight to King's Landing if Jon isn't there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

the white walkers/others were clearly on strike from their job because they didnt want to have to go on a work trip away from home . sure they showed up but they refused to lift a finger the entire battle and let arya just run past them because they hated their boss

Do you think the wights had a union?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Groovelord Neato posted:

is that a serious question? better call saul is the best show on tv.

Yeah, I love it!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

IWW

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

yes. look at how they line up in the last episode and act in this one. that's solidarity

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

mastershakeman posted:

killing the main villain halfway through the final book/season then spending the second half wrapping up clearing out the homeland from the vile usurpers who stole power while the heroes were away exactly the tolkien copying grrm promised not to do

And you believed herhim?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

GRRM has a hard on for Scouring of the Shire so it does fit in. I just didn’t think the resolution to the main story would be ... that.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Vintersorg posted:

What shows do you watch that are better than this?

magicians, better call saul, mr. robot , expanse

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Solidarity Forever

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Tertius Oculum posted:

GRRM just wants everyone to realize the humans we're the baddies the whole time.

Man's inhumanity towards man is the real problem, not evil super natural forces?

Nerd.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol i just realized they did an entire season about john getting dragon glass for this fight specifically and it had literally zero impact.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

lol i just realized they did an entire season about john getting dragon glass for this fight specifically and it had literally zero impact.

The Mormont girl killed a giant with it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Is the point of this thread to slapfight and lay sick burns on each other?

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

The writers are the true villains.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Sickening posted:

Is the point of this thread to slapfight and lay sick burns on each other?

That's the basic premise for this whole sub forum.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Looks like the real giant... was Lady Mormont

psych, just kidding, I'm glad she's dead

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Matt Zerella posted:

The Mormont girl killed a giant with it.

oh yeah i forgot about that blatant and embarrassing bit of fan service.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ElGroucho posted:

Looks like the real giant... was Lady Mormont

psych, just kidding, I'm glad she's dead

hate agreeing with this genre of dipshit

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Xanderkish posted:

Out of curiosity, does anyone have an example of some sort of ultimate, extremely overpowering evil being defeated in a way that doesn't feel like an asspull?

sauron?

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They could have shown more of her giving those vital commands.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I enjoyed this episode, aside from the difficult yo follow actions as people have said. I've actually liked most of the season except for Bran, who's been a pretty poo poo character and no one seems to push him for more knowledge no or insight on what they're facing. That's all it comes down to, NK was never going to talk or reveal much himself, only Bran or maybe Sam could fill in the gaps and thus far, NOPE.

Maybe Bran really is a secret heel, because he probably knew enough to save a lot of lives (danger of the crypts, adjusting war strategy, etc.).

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

FizFashizzle posted:

What? Most of the main cast were armed with it and survived because they had it. What impact are you talking about

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

The villain from the Fifth Element.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Did anyone ever ask Bran how they defeated the night king the last time?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Pretty ridiculous they want us to believe that NK was dumb enough to draft Daniel Jones at number 6.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
A word from Felix from Chapo Trap House re: Gambo Thrones

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1122670392622108678

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Was really hoping that Bran would warg into zombie dragon and lay down some blue fire on the Night King

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
in light of the global warming analogy, it seems entirely appropriate that the death of darth frieza makes fans worldwide lose their cool

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

bigger than helms deep my rear end

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

sudo rm -rf posted:

bigger than helms deep my rear end

Legolas spending twenty minutes stealth missioning through the caves was a cut scene

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Roy Gato III posted:

People just outing that they pirate the show.

The opposite, actually. The live HBO broadcast on TV was ultra dark depending on setup, while downloadable versions that pull from higher quality streams and played on a computer monitor may have not had those issues.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

that was the worst battle episode in the show's history

blackwater, hardhome, castle black, bastards were all better

castle black especially was a much better shot siege. you actually had a sense of what the gently caress was going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Lex Neville posted:

in light of the global warming analogy, it seems entirely appropriate that the death of darth frieza makes fans worldwide lose their cool

A villain in Dragon Ball Z had more characterization than the main bad guy in Game of Thrones