Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is there a joke in the poll?
This poll is closed.
Nope 12 8.16%
Nothing 10 6.80%
Sorry 18 12.24%
Bowsette 107 72.79%
Total: 147 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hwurmp posted:

Yuna man now dog

turn any man into dog real magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

saga frontier works because each story is its own independent vignette that you have to pick out of a menu, so if you encounter another main character its not that big a deal if there's barely any interaction because for the purposes of that story they're just another party member. if octopath was structured that way and they changed absolutely nothing else it would be dramatically better, instead of having one big party going around the world doing everyone's story at the same time where the expectation is everyone's on equal ground

its a cool game though and i want a sequel

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

In Training posted:

how come nobody loving told me that Falcom announced Ys IX in December. I'm so behind on the hype.

It's gonna be so dope.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Phantasium posted:

was gonna mock this guy for knowing pandemonium but i had to know pandemonium to know that they knew pandemonium and now i'm screwed

Pandemonium owns

the nucas
Sep 12, 2002

bushisms.txt posted:

Those are all just titles and that post is more about the hype cycle they all fed into. It brings up how dragon's age 4 is coming and the cycle is gonna happen again for people blindly worshipping devs.

anthem didn't really have a "hype cycle". normal people were skeptical of it if they were aware at all. it seemed like bioware was being kind of cautious after the andromeda disaster.

no man's sky was a game with a hype cycle. you didn't have to be up the game's rear end in a top hat to know about no man's sky or its preposterous claims.

hyper-fans (or whatever you can call these dumb weirdos) who are self-harming with their obsession doesn't really count as a "hype cycle". there are people who will still swear that fallout 4 was a huge disappointment despite "being hyped to the loving moon" when in reality it had one trailer some months before release, then a launch trailer.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I hope Dragon Age 4 is still about Tevinter and it manages to be less tedious than Inquisition was.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
DA4 will be a game as a service so it might be set in Tevinter but if so it will be in tedious tevinter

the nucas
Sep 12, 2002
according to the schreier post-mortem on anthem, the dragon age team is the last one at bioware with actual project management. anthem only shipped because the dragon age producer dropped what he was doing and took over. its not impossible for it to be good but that's the best i can say for it.

i won't be surprised if its bioware's last game regardless unless it sells 10 million copies or something.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the nucas posted:

no man's sky was a game with a hype cycle. you didn't have to be up the game's rear end in a top hat to know about no man's sky or its preposterous claims.

i wonder if i am the only person on earth who both (a) only heard about no man's sky after the hype bubble burst, and (b) read all the complaints at launch time and thought to themselves "wow that game sounds pretty good why would anybody be so mad about it"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Poor EA just have no luck with their acquisitions, maybe the next developer they buy won't coincidently fall apart.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gently caress yeah

PantsBandit posted:

Pandemonium owns

to be fair i never played it i just remember the trailer video from... Blood Omen's menus, i think?

the nucas
Sep 12, 2002

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i wonder if i am the only person on earth who both (a) only heard about no man's sky after the hype bubble burst, and (b) read all the complaints at launch time and thought to themselves "wow that game sounds pretty good why would anybody be so mad about it"

i got the game as a steam gift at launch after not being interested in it at all and ended up playing over 120 hours of it over like 3 months, i loved it. going in blind to that game ruled.

however, i went back and took a look at the game's hype train and people did have cause for complaint if they were paying attention to it. no man's sky was everywhere, sean murray was on late night tv, he had interviews in like loving forbes - and he was telling some loving whoppers. like claiming stuff that isn't even possible in the game's engine today after 2+ years of content patches.

the one that sticks out in my head was claiming planetary orbit and rotation was all simulated, so they had game testers leave a space station and land on a planet, then launch back into space and not be able to find the station because the planet had rotated away, and they reported it as a bug. he and the interviewer both had a chuckle at this playful anecdote. too bad it was complete bullshit.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the nucas posted:

i got the game as a steam gift at launch after not being interested in it at all and ended up playing over 120 hours of it over like 3 months, i loved it. going in blind to that game ruled.

however, i went back and took a look at the game's hype train and people did have cause for complaint if they were paying attention to it. no man's sky was everywhere, sean murray was on late night tv, he had interviews in like loving forbes - and he was telling some loving whoppers. like claiming stuff that isn't even possible in the game's engine today after 2+ years of content patches.

the one that sticks out in my head was claiming planetary orbit and rotation was all simulated, so they had game testers leave a space station and land on a planet, then launch back into space and not be able to find the station because the planet had rotated away, and they reported it as a bug. he and the interviewer both had a chuckle at this playful anecdote. too bad it was complete bullshit.

The periodic table being modeled into the physics/chemistry of the world requiring entire rewrites of everything if they added a new element was also hilarious

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

played the demo for the new umihara kawase and Its Okay, but really just made me want to play the old games, and now the trilogy is on sale on steam... blessed gaming day

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhGiN9kkTqQ

its a national holiday

like and retweet if ur one of the few americans who refuses to forget the sacrifice made by president george sears

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 30, 2019

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

when will adol and dogi gently caress

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The 7th Guest posted:

when will adol and dogi gently caress

Why do you think their boat crashes so much?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

just kidding, theyre partners but adol is ace

he's primarily gay for adventure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

His hair is Blue now. Btw. For those wondering.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dyed it to match dogi?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Gundam Memories on PSP looks really good, especially after playing Another Century's Episode Portable.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Between Tales of Berseria, Monster Hunter World, Yakuza, and Bloodborne, I'm realizing that Dress-Up is the best part of gaming.

What are the best dress-up games?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FFXIV is very good at dress-up, with one HUGE caveat: male characters can’t wear most dresses or other “feminine” clothing (like bunny ears)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
why would you ever want to wear a dress when you can wear leather booty shorts

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

Between Tales of Berseria, Monster Hunter World, Yakuza, and Bloodborne, I'm realizing that Dress-Up is the best part of gaming.

the style savvy trilogy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Animal crossing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

Saints Row 2
Assassin's Creed Origins + Odyssey

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 30, 2019

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

Unironically, World of Warcraft would be a strong contender

Transmog thread

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its GU's new Style Studio store in Harajuku. You either scan yourself or use an avatar and scan the physical clothes to dress yourself or the avatar and then do runway walks and poses.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Gripweed posted:

Let's not act like it's a mystery why FFX-2 and FFXIII both were received poorly on release by hardcore Final Fantasy fans.

Is it because ff13 is extremely tedious

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Barudak posted:

Its GU's new Style Studio store in Harajuku. You either scan yourself or use an avatar and scan the physical clothes to dress yourself or the avatar and then do runway walks and poses.

Why would I ever want to put my own likeness in a game?

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Is this where we complain about XBox May Games with Gold being the worst of all time?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

Why would I ever want to put my own likeness in a game?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Grey posted:

Is this where we complain about XBox May Games with Gold being the worst of all time?

What's not to love about EDF: Insect Armageddon?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Grey posted:

is it worse than metal gear survive though

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Sakurazuka posted:

What's not to love about EDF: Insect Armageddon?
A lot, mostly having to do with it being a godawful spinoff (developed by the Matt Hazard guys) that completely misses the point of the actual EDF games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Grey posted:

PS+ got Metal Gear Survive, so it's a toss up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

is it worse than metal gear survive though

By a long shot

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Doc M posted:

A lot, mostly having to do with it being a godawful spinoff (developed by the Matt Hazard guys) that completely misses the point of the actual EDF games.

That was sarcasm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Sakurazuka posted:

That was sarcasm
Some people liked that pile of garbage :colbert: