Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
I banned prok and mali. 6 battles and saw 2 arty one green and one red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I've not played non-frontlines WoT at all this year and I am wondering why I am doing the FL grind for the two premium tanks.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I've been playing lower tiers for the on-track and it's insane how many m44 and lefhb players have thousands of games in just those tanks. Tier 7+ arty is manageable but tiers 5+6 are absolutely insane tier for tier.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I saw a lefhb get 6 kills in 6 shots the other day just demolishing a whole lane. The rage in chat was loving great.

Atomizer posted:

Where are you playing? If you're in the US, we have a goon clan and discord; let me know.

Yeah im NA

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
watching quickybaby suffer on NA server apparently eu meta is different OR people are just playing different to own on him anyway this is one of the best wot stream ive seen because .. many reasons

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Turmoilx posted:

watching quickybaby suffer on NA server apparently eu meta is different OR people are just playing different to own on him anyway this is one of the best wot stream ive seen because .. many reasons

Watching people's misery is usually what makes a WoT stream turn into a great WoT stream.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mesadoram posted:

Watching people's misery is usually what makes a WoT stream turn into a great WoT stream.

agreed, sharing the misery with all of you while we waited for the last scavenger hunt code while watching some chucklefucks draw multiple times in the grand finals made the whole experience great

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
And the dude in the brownsuit casting it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There are different metas?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

There are different metas?

% of terribads really fucks up the game, so you get different clusterfucks on RU, EU, NA and SEA (servers in order of badness)

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

% of terribads really fucks up the game, so you get different clusterfucks on RU, EU, NA and SEA (servers in order of badness)
EU swings back and forth like you wouldn't believe for "team"play.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

On NA you're incredibly lucky if there is one other person on your team that is willing to help you out and has the ability to do so without loving up spectacularly.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yeah, the ethic on NA while solopubbing seems to be "oh good, that guy is doing the right thing, so I can do the *wrong* thing and then blame it on him when we lose" x 14.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

On NA you're incredibly lucky if there is one other person on your team that is willing to help you out and has the ability to do so without loving up spectacularly.
At least the majority of your playerbase speaks the same langauge.

No such luck with SIEMKA/SALAM/UDV/S.A (nothing to do with this site)/[incoherent Russian text] followed by a loving circus of circular-blame after 2 minutes. STOP PLAY BOT/TETRIS BABY/[ethnic slur]/GO PLAY MARIO KART/MONGO [nationality] KIDS.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, the ethic on NA while solopubbing seems to be "oh good, that guy is doing the right thing, so I can do the *wrong* thing and then blame it on him when we lose" x 14.

The ethic on NA is "That guy is doing the right thing. Despite my tomato stats I'm much better than he is, so I should be in that spot, and I will spend the next 10 minutes blocking and ramming him until one of us dies and then blame it on him when we lose."

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

At least the majority of your playerbase speaks the same langauge.

No such luck with SIEMKA/SALAM/UDV/S.A (nothing to do with this site)/[incoherent Russian text] followed by a loving circus of circular-blame after 2 minutes. STOP PLAY BOT/TETRIS BABY/[ethnic slur]/GO PLAY MARIO KART/MONGO [nationality] KIDS.

a six month old baby who doesn't have a concept of language is better than the majority of the NA playerbase

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Goast posted:

I saw a lefhb get 6 kills in 6 shots the other day just demolishing a whole lane. The rage in chat was loving great.

Yeah im NA

Here's a 24-hour Discord invite. Give me your IGN if you want a PANSY clan invite.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Does the Twitch prime stuff not work for anyone else? I linked my account but I didn't get anything. This is the 2nd month in a row this is happening :smith:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It worked for me.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RandomPauI posted:

It worked for me.

I un-linked then re-linked. Now I got both packages.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Atomizer posted:

Here's a 24-hour Discord invite. Give me your IGN if you want a PANSY clan invite.

I got dropped but am playing again, can I get an invite on Asurmen?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

how's this game different and/or worse than it was 3 years ago?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They introduced even more ways for pay-to-win, for one.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

they made a lot of the maps demonstrably worse and also brought back province

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
it looks great!

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

this is what the game has come to. got these three guys on my team in my tier 8.. i cant win currently, break time! 50b player, 183 player, action x player, all on one team.. with me and captain blaargh, had to give up after that with 11.2k+ players on you would think the game could put us in less tier 10 battles.. but we were getting them more often than not

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 1, 2019

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'd rather slam my dick in a car door repeatedly than platoon with tier 8 tanks. Seriously, you'll be bottom tier 90% of the time due to how the matchmaker works with platoons.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I'd rather slam my dick in a car door repeatedly than play this game

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Gone Fashing posted:

it looks great!

it does look nice, shame the gameplay is complete garbo

Turmoilx posted:

this is what the game has come to. got these three guys on my team in my tier 8.. i cant win currently, break time! 50b player, 183 player, action x player, all on one team.. with me and captain blaargh, had to give up after that with 11.2k+ players on you would think the game could put us in less tier 10 battles.. but we were getting them more often than not

lol 25% is loving amazing

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

yeah the 50b came half up hill on tundra sat in the open fired his clip of HE continued to side there sideways till he died

serious gaylord posted:

I'd rather slam my dick in a car door repeatedly than platoon with tier 8 tanks. Seriously, you'll be bottom tier 90% of the time due to how the matchmaker works with platoons.
i thought they fixed mm :downsgun:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

how's this game different and/or worse than it was 3 years ago?

Serious answer: There's a shitload more tier 8 pay to win premiums, basically half of the tech tree lines now have a tier 8 premium that is outright better than the tech tree version. Template matchmaking makes tier 8 unplayable unless you're in an OP tank because you'll be fighting tier 10s most of the time (guess who is selling OP tier 8 tanks for hard American currency?) New Russian tanks were added that are game breakingly OP even after nerfs (430U and 268 4) and basically obsolete all other tanks in their classes/in the whole game. Gold spam is ubiquitous, although that may have been true in 2015 as well. Tier 10 is dominated by HE spam from Type 5s and FV4005, although they are theoretically getting nerfed soon. Maps are still dogshit, 8+ years in. Arty still sucks rear end and is possibly slightly worse because now it does much less damage but stuns you as if you had half the effect of a knocked out crew for a while. There's a fairly big package of gameplay changes planned for this year but the devs clearly don't play their own game because the concrete proposed changes have been bafflingly strange and would not help things but just make them worse in a different way. The 430U for example is broken because it has probably the best armor of any tier 10 tank despite being a medium and having literally the 5th best camo of all tier 10 tanks including lights and TDs, but the proposed nerfs were nerfs to the gun handling that didn't touch the armor or camo. The STB-1 has been not very good because of bad gun handling, but instead of making the gun handling better the proposed 'buff' has been to completely rework the tank into something that will also very likely be mediocre to bad but in a different way

Frontlines is fun, but there's still only one map and it gets old after a few weeks

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 2, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
And there's a second type of premium account that's only for WOT that offers different perks from the existing premium account for all wargaming's games. The perks from the two types of account stack.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 2, 2019

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

And there's a second type of premium account that's only for WOT that offers different perks from the existing premium account for all wargaming's games. The perks from the two types of account stack.

Wait, is there? I thought that was just a future proposal. Or is it in the game already? I stopped playing 2 or 3 months ago

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah it just went live on monday

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

RandomPauI posted:

Wait the 50% bonus for Credits etc from WoT Premium also stacks with the universal premium account?!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was mistaken. Any perks that overlap won't stack.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
No one can serve two masters.

e;

I should get a million loving credits for shotgunning an enemy IKV that was about to circle around our own IKV and kill them. Then rushing enemy turf to shotgun another arty and spot the other tanks they had left.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 2, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

should have let your filthy teammates lose

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

RandomPauI posted:

I was mistaken. Any perks that overlap won't stack.

Thought I was about to start printing credits for a minute :dong:

e-

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

good advice. what a nice guy