Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Guy A. Person posted:

No way this is real. How do you can describe iridescent angel wing Mothra as "edgy".

Not to mention this particular Mothra lights up so drat much she fires lasers from the eye-spots on her wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Guy A. Person posted:

No way this is real. How do you can describe iridescent angel wing Mothra as "edgy".

For a second I read this as "incel angel wing Mothra"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can only imagine it's because she was given big stabby arms?

But that's just keeping consistent with the MUTOs lead so I don't even know

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Burkion posted:

I can only imagine it's because she was given big stabby arms?

But that's just keeping consistent with the MUTOs lead so I don't even know

The art team for the movie also talked about it in an interview: they want Mothra physically throwing down with Godzilla, Rodan, and Ghidorah, so they consciously gave her arms to do the throwing down with.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The only thing I remember from 2014 Godzilla is how Bryan Cranston would literally shout every single line he had.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Oasx posted:

The only thing I remember from 2014 Godzilla is how Bryan Cranston would literally shout every single line he had.

That's a shame, there's some beautiful shots and great Big G moments in there.

Godzilla looking tired as hell after he merks a MUTO is one of my favorite. You can almost hear the "I'm getting to old for this poo poo" line.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I love that he's a big, saggy bear that's just woke up from hibernation.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Oasx posted:

2014 Godzilla bothered me because I live in the SF Bay Area and they got some basic geography things so loving wrong it's obnoxious.

Also, I think a cardboard cutout of Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a better actor than Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I watched it again this weekend and he's fine in it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, I think the worst complaint you could lay at his feet is that he is not Godzilla, but is in the movie a lot. Which is not quite his fault.

The bridge scene with the MUTO is amazing, I thought. Even though there is no Godzilla, at all.

edit: This one, not the Godzilla bridge scene.

Grendels Dad fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 30, 2019

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, it's my own personal hang up and I just really dislike him. I do think it's amusing that him and Elizabeth Olsen are married in this and then siblings a year later in Age of Ultron.

As for the geography problem, that only stood out since I live in the area, but some of the decisions made zero sense.

My memory is a bit hazy of the film, but I thought I remember that Elizabeth Olsen mentions the children's bus evacuating from the Financial District (which is right next to the bay bridge) heading toward Oakland (which is at the other end of the bay bridge) but instead they decide to use the Golden Gate Bridge (which is the opposite direction of Oakland) because they Golden Gate Bridge is iconic and they wanted an excuse to show Godzilla destroy it with the tension of a school bus on it.

Godzilla was coming from the ocean to the west, so the Golden Gate Bridge is literally the stupidest option when there are multiple bridges across the bay that are protected from the ocean by land and that made me mad at a movie.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Nobody who doesn't live in SF knows about any bridges that aren't the Golden Gate. Reality is the first casualty of film making.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's a geographical gently caress up in Jurassic Park and Spielberg rightly said "gently caress it I don't care this is cooler." Just attribute Godzilla 2014's geography problems to being one of the many nods to Spielberg.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

There's a geographical gently caress up in Jurassic Park and Spielberg rightly said "gently caress it I don't care this is cooler." Just attribute Godzilla 2014's geography problems to being one of the many nods to Spielberg.

Oh absolutely. For most people it isn't a problem, but since it's set here, it immediately made me say "Hey.... wait a moment..." and broke my immersion. But what it comes down to is that you don't set a film in San Francisco without showing the Golden Gate Bridge. That's all most people know about here. That and cable cars.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mordiceius posted:

Oh absolutely. For most people it isn't a problem, but since it's set here, it immediately made me say "Hey.... wait a moment..." and broke my immersion. But what it comes down to is that you don't set a film in San Francisco without showing the Golden Gate Bridge. That's all most people know about here. That and cable cars.

That zig zag street.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Mordiceius posted:

What did you think of Bullitt, if you've seen it?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

garycoleisgod posted:

What did you think of Bullitt, if you've seen it?

Honestly, that doesn't bother me so much. I think the reason the Godzilla thing bothers me more is because we literally don't need to have that school bus on the Golden Gate Bridge. Like, we can still see Godzilla destroy it and have all that drama. But that was just one where you can very clearly see the writer's hand forcing the moment of drama.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
What am I going to do with my life now that I've seen Endgame and it sucks

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Wait around a month for the next superhero movie?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The real question is, when are we gonna see Godzooky.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Post credits

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Watch Endgame (2009), starring Kurt Angle as some sort of murderous clown.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

You'd think the 20 lovely marvel movies that proceeded it might've given you a clue...

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I Before E posted:

Watch Endgame (2009), starring Kurt Angle as some sort of murderous clown.

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood....*maniacal laughter*

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood....*maniacal laughter*

No, the Mr. Rogers wrestler is a different guy

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Wait around a month for the next superhero movie?

Godzilla KotM comes out at the end of May, checks out.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

McSpanky posted:

Godzilla KotM John Wick 3 comes out at the end of halfway through May, checks out.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Anyone want to hear a dude who seems to hate women hate on Brie Larson? This isn't even his only one. Please keep in mind this is a spoiler video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCFlo2Q-n-A

It's pretty uncomfortable to watch. The main reason I posted it here is because I was curious how people felt about this. Up til now I assumed people liked Brie Larson and her likeability is literally why she is Captain Marvel in the first place, but I don't really follow this kind of thing.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ruddiger posted:

You'd think they'd learn by now considering the thing that crushed Hellboy 2 was being released a couple weeks before The Dark Knight.

Then again, the new Hellboy was doomed from the start. They should've never tossed Del Toro and Pearlman's pitch for a 3rd one to end their storyline.

My favorite instance of this will always be a couple of weeks after Hellboy 2.

The X-Files: I Want to Believe was released in theaters the same day as The Dark Knight. And that's a movie that's hilarious levels of forgotten/people don't even know it exists defeat.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Anyone want to hear a dude who seems to hate women hate on Brie Larson? This isn't even his only one. Please keep in mind this is a spoiler video.

It's pretty uncomfortable to watch. The main reason I posted it here is because I was curious how people felt about this. Up til now I assumed people liked Brie Larson and her likeability is literally why she is Captain Marvel in the first place, but I don't really follow this kind of thing.

hmm. no thank you

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the video equivalent of sniffing a container of obviously spoiled food and then going 'here smell this'

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao. That’s the best metaphor for things like this. I give it an A+. All that and a bag of chips!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I watched Captain Marvel and thought she was good but otherwise had never seen her in anything and kind of hated hearing every nerd on earth fan casting this person for every role like I was supposed to know who that was

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Anyone want to hear a dude who seems to hate women hate on Brie Larson?

No, I can't say that I do

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Brie Larson was phenomenal in Room and deserved her Best Actress award, and also her comments that are pissing off chuds are entirely correct, but I cannot bring myself to give even half of a poo poo about Captain Marvel, the movie or the character.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Anyone want to hear a dude

100% no

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
You're the dude who made the video right?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

why the gently caress would you want to give a crazy weirdo more views on his crazy weirdo video

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
to start a ~conversation~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Might as well of asked if anyone wanted to see a picture of a dead cat.