Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
When I was in the process of cleaning and destroying stuff during my divorce move, I found my old buffer certification training record from AIT.

Why in the hell did I keep that since 1990?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My footlocker is my tv stand and is full of random poo poo. My army records are in a plastic tote with my medical records.

Ahhh, the joys of single life.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Our own resident turbodad, ElMaligno, even has a beer holster to go with his hot sauce shirt, sandals with knee high white socks, and cargo shorts.

Someone post the tweets i am at work and i can't

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

ElMaligno posted:

Someone post the tweets i am at work and i can't

https://twitter.com/emily_the_gray/status/1122692381835272193?s=21

https://twitter.com/el_gustache/status/1122672262174220290?s=21

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i rate that stache at a 8/10 good work

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/El_Gustache/status/1122672341677293575?s=19

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

El Mal is Peak Dad and he doesn’t even have any kids (beyond his wonderful Juniper).

The dadliest things that I do are defend cargo pants and brag about getting up early right before I slip into a coma at 10:00 pm.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That is one seriously pro mustache. Totally on par with state troopers, a tick or two below saint Freddie.

Cargo pockets are fine if you use them and don't give a gently caress, but are dumb as poo poo if you wear them to an office or retail job.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 1, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That is one seriously pro mustache. Totally on par with state troopers, a tick or two below saint Freddie.

Cargo pockets are fine if you use them and don't give a gently caress, but are dumb as poo poo if you wear them to an office or retail job.

Dads need pockets because children and occasionally partners can NOT carry a single goddamn item with them all day.

This was the impetus for the rise of cell phone holsters; dads of the world were trying to keep the pockets of their youthful past available for their children, but the proliferation of cell phones necessitated their daily carry.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Syrian Lannister posted:

When I was in the process of cleaning and destroying stuff during my divorce move, I found my old buffer certification training record from AIT.

Why in the hell did I keep that since 1990?

that's one piece of military paperwork I'd keep, if not frame. Just an amusing reminder of how dumb the military can be.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

So most of my posting is via the Awful app so I didn't even notice that I've got this "pillbug" tag underneath my av. Anyone know what that's about?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

pantslesswithwolves posted:

So most of my posting is via the Awful app so I didn't even notice that I've got this "pillbug" tag underneath my av. Anyone know what that's about?

If you direct donate to the forums you get that little thing. Supposedly we were getting hand drawn space ships too.

In the GBS goons thread where ‘Tax let everyone know how hosed his medical stuff was, there’s a listing of what each dollar amount / title equals

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

DoktorLoken posted:

that's one piece of military paperwork I'd keep, if not frame. Just an amusing reminder of how dumb the military can be.

One of my prized paperwork saved is a request chit for special liberty for me to take my cat to get a flight physical.

It was approved. No one wondered where my cat was flying to or why or if she was going to be a passenger or pilot. Just another day in the dental clinic.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
My 214 is framed and hangs on the wall next to my commission.

E: a copy

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 1, 2019

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
My original is locked in a fire safe at my parents house

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My original was eaten by a dog.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Soulex posted:

My original was eaten by a dog.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

I had to explain this dog to someone the other day, and I thoroughly enjoyed their confusion.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lol that dog owns

For those out of the loop in the new Ace Combat that dog sits in cutscenes like a cardboard cutout. I guess it was one of the creators—since passed—dog or some such?

quote:

we have some bad news to share about Ace Combat 7’s adorable runway dog. According to the game’s brand director, Kazutoki Kono, the loyal canine is an in-game tribute to a developer’s dear-departed dog.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

if you dont love cardboard dog gtfo of gip

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It's no poo poo the best part of that campaign. The second he graced my screen I yelled "LOOK AT THAT loving DOG!"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

so goddamn majestic she deserves to be in every game

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Lol that dog owns

For those out of the loop in the new Ace Combat that dog sits in cutscenes like a cardboard cutout. I guess it was one of the creators—since passed—dog or some such?

So wait, its a tribute to the developer's dog, and they couldn't be arsed to make the dog do literally anything other than be a cardboard cutout. Either the person tasked with inserting doggo into videos did not give a poo poo, or wanted the dog to be noticed.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

orange juche posted:

or wanted the dog to be noticed.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I think my wife is finally tired of my poo poo. She’s telling me to go find some orders for next year.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Haven't you been TAD for half the year already?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

quote:

Dear Woof

My name is Captain Edward Blank and I am in charge of Marine Corps Officer Selection Team, Blank. Our job is to identify future leaders of Marines. Before I go on, I am not a high school recruiter and my goal is not to take you off the college path. Rather, this is an opportunity to build your leadership foundation, while continuing to earn your degree. We have recently opened our Officer Program to individuals in Community College. If you’ve ever thought about doing something exceptional, service to your country, or just want to hear more about the benefits associated with the challenge of a lifetime, read below.

gently caress yopu!!!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

peep those dress blues tho

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

oh my god they're offering commissions to community college grads now?

are they that loving desperate that they'll take someone with a diploma in arts and crafts as a loving LEADER OF MARINES?

(I am not saying that all community colleges are garbage but that's an available diploma)

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Woof Blitzer posted:

gently caress yopu!!!

Why didn’t you post the great stuff in the rest of the email you blue balling buddy fucker

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

colachute posted:

Why didn’t you post the great stuff in the rest of the email you blue balling buddy fucker

Don't say I didn't warn you

quote:

What. The Platoon Leaders Class (PLC) is how the Marine Corps identifies future officers (leaders of Marines). It is not like ROTC and you do not need to already have a degree to apply. PLC is a highly selective program open to all undergraduate students, graduate students, and those who already have a degree. So long as you plan to pursue a four-year degree, you are eligible for this program. You work with my office to put together an application to be considered by a selection board. If selected, you will be given the opportunity to attend training at Officer Candidates School (OCS), where you will learn what it means to have the honor and privilege of leading Marines. This program is designed to be a paid summer time leadership internship. You will be given challenges that will test your ability to make decisions, build resiliency and above all, lead others to success. Marine Officers are leaders of Marines, charged with making decisions in some of the most demanding environments in the world. The challenges endured at OCS are hard, as officers are held to a higher standard of mental, physical, and moral courage. Officers are expected to lead from the front in every situation.

When. Where. This program is not like ROTC programs. We do not expect commitments to our program several days/hours per week. Instead, we offer two six-week sessions or one ten-week session of leadership training in Quantico, Virginia during the summer. Training will occur after school has been completed and before beginning in the fall as to NOT interfere with academic or athletic schedules. Travel to and from Quantico is paid by the Marine Corps and you are paid approximately $3,330.00 for a six-week training session or $5,500.00 for a ten-week training session. After training completion in the summer, you will return to school and continue classes in the fall, without any school interference or service obligation. We also offer tuition assistance following your successful completion of OCS. Once you have earned your four-year degree, you are left with the option to accept or deny a commission as an officer in the United States Marine Corps. If you do not accept your commission as an officer, you owe nothing to the Marine Corps.

Who. This program is designed for men and women who possess high mental, moral and physical character traits. If you have ever had an interest in serving your country, doing something exceptional, or leading the men and women who serve this country, this program is designed for you. It is available to all undergraduate and graduate students, regardless of college major, without service obligation. You must be a United States citizen to apply.

GROUND OFFICER: Again, any degree type can be a future ground officer (jobs such as: intelligence, infantry, military police, tanks, artillery, cyber security, communications, logistics, supply, public affairs, and more). So long as you meet the eligibility requirements for application and successfully complete OCS, you can lead Marines as a ground officer.

PILOTS: If you have ever considered being a pilot, there is an aviation program available. No experience is required, and it is open to all majors. The Marine Corps is the only branch of service guaranteeing a seat at flight school to those selected to be pilots. Once you complete OCS and make the decision to accept your commission as a Marine Officer, you will be slated for flight school. Again, there is no service obligation until you decide to accept that commission.

LAWYERS: I am a Law grad and, outside of this job, I am a Judge Advocate in the Marine Corps. Accordingly, I am well positioned to discuss the advantages of practicing law in the Marine Corps. Representing Marines (whether accused or commanders) is the some of the most gratifying and rewarding legal work available. If you’re interested in a well-paying, exciting, and character building opportunity to practice law contact me for details.

Why. Challenge. Professional development and personal growth. Service to your country. Pride and honor of a Marine commission. Leadership training and experience. No obligation until graduation. Tuition assistance. Travel and adventure. Post-graduate education assistance. Equal opportunity. Physical fitness. Self-reliance, discipline, responsibility. Financial security and benefits!

Again, contact me ASAP as we plan to begin conducting interviews immediately and continue through the spring.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I wasn’t serious :lol:

I’m not going to read that and I hope you didn’t either but you should leave it so that some young future warrior can read it.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Lol yeah the JAG corps is character building I'm sure. This dude got 7 years of education to commission and recruit community college students.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Godholio posted:

Haven't you been TAD for half the year already?

I’ve been home for 7 months now. She’s not happy how stressed I’ve gotten over my son (to a lesser degree my daughter) with our daily life.
His autism is really defeating me with his behavior and I’ve been told to just let it be ( I can’t). She’s got the retired grandparents next door for help in any case. Plus she’s very independent.

He’s oppositely defiant to the point of personal harm and displaying utter narcissism due to the ‘Tism(he’s at least getting therapy for that). It’s really depressing to see his twin dragged down by his antics that he’s incapable of correcting.

On the plus side they are both extremely healthy and bright. Plus if I finish off my 3 years of active time I’ll I’ve at least earned my GI bill and be able to transfer it to a kiddo some day. Best to be gone now before they hit middle school or high school. Got 1 year and 8 months of active time so far. Mob for next year perhaps some time at the NOSC later this year and I’ll reach it. So while I feel selfish for “running away”( in my mind anyways) I at least have a long term plan on how it benefits my family.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

colachute posted:

I wasn’t serious :lol:

I’m not going to read that and I hope you didn’t either but you should leave it so that some young future warrior can read it.

Fly away troll

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I literally laughed out loud when I saw moral courage

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
"The Marine Corps is the only branch of service guaranteeing a seat at flight school to those selected to be pilots."

What? No? If you're selected to be a pilot that means you have a seat at flight school.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Lol yeah the JAG corps is character building I'm sure. This dude got 7 years of education to commission and recruit community college students.

The AF recently pushed out an email to officers with more than 1 year time on station saying they would be meeting a board for a competitive, high demand opportunity to become a recruiter. People who did not opt out of this highly competitive selection process would be non vol’d.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

MA-Horus posted:

oh my god they're offering commissions to community college grads now?

are they that loving desperate that they'll take someone with a diploma in arts and crafts as a loving LEADER OF MARINES?

(I am not saying that all community colleges are garbage but that's an available diploma)

Yeah...that's how it's always been though. You need a bachelor's degree from any accredited school. Usually a CC student will knock out two years of courses and transfer to the bigger university to finish off the degree-specific stuff. And ROTC has always been open to CC cadets as long as they have a degree plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
This looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyUqZLwOo2Y