Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rarity posted:

Saw 120 new posts and expected a rovert pile on. Was pleasantly surprised.

someone changed rovert's avatar but he's also in there somewhere too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MotU posted:

maybe lio rush is an rear end in a top hat but wwe is definitely an evil megacorp

unless lio rush did something silly you can’t fault him

Yeah at least he broke on the seal on culture of silence on talking about the topic when you are with the company.

When someone does it when they leave WWE they are dismissed as just being bitter.

As I said a few weeks ago expect locker room morale to get worse over the next two weeks with the European tour. It is around two weeks away from your family with little quality sleep. Unlike any other touring piece of entertainment - musicians, comedians, dancers etc there's no rest or down days on the schedule.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh man i thought the european tour was later this month and not in like 5 days. lol ratings are going to loving crater

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rovert posted:

As I said a few weeks ago expect locker room morale to get worse over the next two weeks with the European tour. It is around two weeks away from your family with little quality sleep. Unlike any other touring piece of entertainment - musicians, comedians, dancers etc there's no rest or down days on the schedule.

I sure do love sending the troops to Europe to grind their bones into dust as part of the Wrestling Expeditionary Force.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

so ready for that panic button to get hit

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I hope the tour bus at least has a new bathroom door

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

karmicknight posted:

I sure do love sending the troops to Europe to grind their bones into dust as part of the Wrestling Expeditionary Force.

weren't we just talking about an operation market garden match

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh man i thought the european tour was later this month and not in like 5 days. lol ratings are going to loving crater

How long until the third hour is below a million?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

my local enterprise has mustangs for $130 a day, truly breaking the bank here

how much for a testarrossa

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Big Huski Boi posted:

in like 5 days

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Big Huski Boi posted:

i think europe RAW #2 kisses the 1mil line but theres just too many die-hard WWE-stans for even a taped show to go under

e: gently caress nevermind, the cowards booked the tour so that they only have to do a single week of tapings

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yea ok posted:

so ready for that panic button to get hit

a glass case labeled "phil brooks" that says DO NOT BREAK UNLESS EMERGENCY lol

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I can't imagine CM Punk going to WWE before AEW if he decides to return to wrestling

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
even stone cold steve austin returning for a title program couldnt make me watch this crap weekly

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
they have no panic button to press

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drew McIntyre posted:

another DX reunion!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Drew McIntyre posted:

cesaro winning MITB lol

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

karmicknight posted:

At least those house shows actually make money.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

if i was a wrestler being mistreated by wwe i would act cool with it and go with the flow, until such a time they put me on live TV in a match, at which time, i would act as a pots and pans robot, making loud whirring noises and marching around the ring with a frankenstein-like gait, at which time, i would shout pots and pans robots things at my opponent, like "intruder alert! intruder alert!" and "destroy! destroy! must! kiss! hu-mon!" and then i would spend the rest of my time trying to kiss my opponent in a frankenstein/robot way, by which time, i presume they would have cut to commercials

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
lol it's a loving kayfabe tweet

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Drew McIntyre posted:

Hear me out here: Roman Reigns. Brock Lesnar. World title program.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

weekly font posted:

Hear me out here: Roman Reigns. Brock Lesnar. World title program.

its not enough, we gotta stretch it out for 5 years

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

When AEW announces their TV deal with Mox and/or Punk WWE are as hosed as a monopoly in an unfettered capitalist system can be, which isn't much but still pretty bad

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Put the belt back on Triple H.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

run Saudi propaganda exclusively I heard other company's and our government still have deals with them

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Drew McIntyre posted:

Sure Vince, I got one more title run in me brother.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

Sure Vince, I got one more title run in me brother.

god i hope hogan is the panic button in 2019

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
the WWE is like Ringling Brothers at the end when they weren't allowed to have elephants or zebras or anything so they had a lady come out with performing domestic cats. people want to see the elephants but they just have a bunch of lovely house cats and scary clowns, and kids don't like that. and now AEW is cirque de soleil and the writing is on the wall

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gonz posted:

Put the belt back on Triple H.

Triple H will break Cena and Flair's records within two years of Vince being gone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaYc5UP8PsI

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The funny thing about late stage capitalism is that it can't even provide the fun treats we were promised in order to coax us into accepting this dehumanizing system.

No wonder Avergers is so big, at least the MCU delivers what it promises with its escapism

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That Luke Harper story is awful and it feels like every day there's another reason to despise WWE.

Now I'm wondering how they'll handle releases after Dean Ambrose left on seemingly good terms only to immediately turn around and release a video that basically announces IM STILL GONNA WRESTLE BUT IT'LL BE GOOD THIS TIME

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

That Luke Harper story is awful and it feels like every day there's another reason to despise WWE.

Now I'm wondering how they'll handle releases after Dean Ambrose left on seemingly good terms only to immediately turn around and release a video that basically announces IM STILL GONNA WRESTLE BUT IT'LL BE GOOD THIS TIME

they'll double down on the burials because beatings will happen until morale improves it's the children who are wrong

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

they'll double down on the burials because beatings will happen until morale improves it's the children who are wrong

Citing Craig Pittman and Seymour Skinner in one post, drat

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

That DICK! posted:

if i was a wrestler being mistreated by wwe i would act cool with it and go with the flow, until such a time they put me on live TV in a match, at which time, i would act as a pots and pans robot, making loud whirring noises and marching around the ring with a frankenstein-like gait, at which time, i would shout pots and pans robots things at my opponent, like "intruder alert! intruder alert!" and "destroy! destroy! must! kiss! hu-mon!" and then i would spend the rest of my time trying to kiss my opponent in a frankenstein/robot way, by which time, i presume they would have cut to commercials

If you didnt get immediately fired this would be your new gimmick for the next decade.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

I wasn't the one who dug up the tweet though. It was posted elsewhere beforehand.

Jokes on you guys, I reposted this from reddit :smuggo:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Okay, lemme explain this as simply as I can, because I think some wires are getting crossed here. I 100% believe that WWE should be paying for the travel expenses of the workers. Including rentals, flight, lodging, etc.

What I'm saying is that if a performer is complaining about not having enough to cover travel expenses, then maybe they shouldn't excessively throw cash around (example: renting a higher end car like that opposed to getting an economy level car). That's it. Now should WWE cover those expenses either way? Of course. But right now they don't, and that's pretty loving terrible.

Nah, I get what you're saying. Hell, I also don't believe Lio that he's losing money. I think he's exaggerating and he's walking away with very little money. But all your math and attempts to show that he's excessively spends cash is undermining any attempt to then go "But WWE should pay him more". Like, there's nothing to be gained to show that both sides are loving up.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

When AEW announces their TV deal with Mox and/or Punk WWE are as hosed as a monopoly in an unfettered capitalist system can be, which isn't much but still pretty bad

low chances of it happening but man Moxley signing with AEW would be the biggest "gently caress you" the WWE would get in years. Hell freezing over and Punk being there would be the hand grenade on top of the cake.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

low chances of it happening

dude posted that video 5 minutes after his contract ran out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I just wanna say I'm proud of Darkstar for taking a break from wailing about japanese female wrestlers not getting the exact push he desires so that he can take shots at a black athlete for pointing out the massive number of issues WWE has as an employer because he overspent on a (shared) rental for a single kayfabe tweet and annoyed some older wrestlers. Sometimes you need to spread your posting gimmick to new areas, and I'm glad you're breaking out of your shell.