Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I keep using Bowsette in these polls or is the meme dead
This poll is closed.
Bowsette will never die 73 23.03%
Please stop, it stopped being funny months ago 34 10.73%
Same as a above but I want to add it was never funny 47 14.83%
I really don't care either way 25 7.89%
Bowsette 138 43.53%
Total: 317 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Verranicus posted:

i want a pissed meal

I think they sell that at kirby cafe US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/fowltown/status/1124056098925944832

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it really that easy to reanimate the whole movie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

its not coming out for months so yeah

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you asked for it and we listened, sonic will have huge pendulous penis visible in every scene

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gonna just abuse the blue blur tool in photoshop

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i hope they include the original sonic on the blu ray, and also a classic sonic edition

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Wow if they actually do that colour me impressed

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I can't wait to see Jim Carrey trying to do his classic schtick except he's nearly sixty so he can't move too fast and he spend a bunch of the movie sitting down.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Can’t wait to watch comparison videos between the old and new sonic trailers and cry into my pissed meal

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

fun fact: for many years tommy tallarico had a forums section on his official, personal website. It was a place for all his fans to jerk off about how good and cool he is and you'd get dogpiled if you said anything critical about his music

I feel like you'll never get another reviewer like Tommy again.

Because someone reviewing games that they personally worked on in varying capacities seems like something that goes beyond needing a "Hey I'm friends with the person who made this game/I supported them on Patreon/etc." disclaimer these days.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

So I'm a 3D artist in video games, but my educated guess is yes and no. Redesigning a character is a HUGE change and there are absolutely animators/artists who saw that tweet and are now broken. There will be overtime and crunch to land this change by the premiere date. Lots of it.

BUT, there's a group of people meeting now and sketching out how to build the new model to be as close to the original rig (the maquette skeleton used for puppeteering a 3D model) as possible to reuse as much animation as possible. Likely the biggest loss will be in the facial animation, but even that can largely be remapped to the old rig to get them ~60% of the way there. I dunno, it's gonna be rough for a bunch of people, but they're absolutely not throwing away everything and starting from scratch. Also to note: animation isn't finished yet. The shots used for the trailer are done to a point, but I'm sure it was still months away from wrapping animation for the film in general.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

mutata posted:

So I'm a 3D artist in video games, but my educated guess is yes and no. Redesigning a character is a HUGE change and there are absolutely animators/artists who saw that tweet and are now broken. There will be overtime and crunch to land this change by the premiere date. Lots of it.

BUT, there's a group of people meeting now and sketching out how to build the new model to be as close to the original rig (the maquette skeleton used for puppeteering a 3D model) as possible to reuse as much animation as possible. Likely the biggest loss will be in the facial animation, but even that can largely be remapped to the old rig to get them ~60% of the way there. I dunno, it's gonna be rough for a bunch of people, but they're absolutely not throwing away everything and starting from scratch. Also to note: animation isn't finished yet. The shots used for the trailer are done to a point, but I'm sure it was still months away from wrapping animation for the film in general.

Nobody is gonna have to overwork themselves to do this though, right?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

lol

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I mean, I said as much in that post you dun quoted. Yes, there are a good number of people (artists) who are going to have to kill themselves to make this happen. Depending on where they work, though, they'll possibly get paid overtime for it, at least.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Well poo poo. I think I'd rather just have crappy-looking Sonic than someone working themselves to death to try and salvage his look then.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who had that as their first thought upon hearing this news at least.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if only people had immediately reacted negatively to all the teaser images of sonic they might have had enough warning to change things much much earlier in the process and fix it before it got to this point. Shame that this was a completely unavoidable tragedy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They could just make the change to please audiences but push back the release date so that staff don't have to work excessive houahahahahahahahahaha

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Don't let anyone tell you whining on the internet doesn't work

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

al-azad posted:

Don't let anyone tell you whining on the internet doesn't work

WHAT SORT OF HERESY EVEN BOUGHT ABOUT THE FIRST FORM?!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're CGI animation contractors they're going to be working insane hours before and after this project anyway because they're just as unprotected a labor class as game designers

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Crabtree posted:

WHAT SORT OF HERESY EVEN BOUGHT ABOUT THE FIRST FORM?!

"How do we sell this game to Americans?"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yes VFX people are non-union contractors and have about the same job security, protections, and hours as game dev

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wasn't sausage party a notorious example of just how bad it is for VFX and 3D Animators

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

FirstAidKite posted:

Wasn't sausage party a notorious example of just how bad it is for VFX and 3D Animators

Yeah, but that was a Canadian studio. I'm sure the animators for Sonic will be treated fairly executed for dissent.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Yeah, but that was a Canadian studio. I'm sure the animators for Sonic will be treated fairly getting their contracts terminated with extreme prejudice as soon as they finish the work

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chewbacca is dead :rip:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Infinitum posted:

Again? Disney retconned the moon dropping on him.

Let me guess, lando drunk drove them into a star destroyer

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I’m gonna take a guess that most, if not the entire redesign, will be his face and his body will remain the same

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Don't redesign

He is perfect

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Calaveron posted:

I’m gonna take a guess that most, if not the entire redesign, will be his face and his body will remain the same

Honestly I’d settle for that. The human-like legs are weird, but it’s a sort of weird I can live with. The big problem for me is his face, which looks like it came from the mid-point of a human->Sonic transformation fetish comic.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Calaveron posted:

i mean that's what needs the most work unless you're upset about his arms being blue

they should just push back the release date

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the sonic face where he's like :o looks exactly like that mspaint comic of fox

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
sonic's gloves turning into white fur is still kinda hosed up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Infinitum posted:

guys they hate the sonic design, go to plan b *calls peter mayhew*
he's not answering!!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oddium posted:

the sonic face where he's like :o looks exactly like that mspaint comic of fox

gotta go lust

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ariong posted:

Honestly I’d settle for that. The human-like legs are weird, but it’s a sort of weird I can live with. The big problem for me is his face, which looks like it came from the mid-point of a human->Sonic transformation fetish comic.

you seem to know an awful lot about human->Sonic transformation fetish comics

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Something something lust penis but it's robotnik roboticizing sonic into becoming the dick of the death egg mech

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hwurmp posted:

you've had a somethingawful forums account for 14 years how are you NOT an expert on human to sonic transformation comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Looper posted:

i mean that's what needs the most work unless you're upset about his arms being blue

they should just push back the release date

I prefer the blue arms personally. I mean the alternative is his arms being covered in flesh-colored fur, or just being furless flesh arms. Both are terrible. That being said...

cheetah7071 posted:

sonic's gloves turning into white fur is still kinda hosed up

Yeah, I wish they had either kept the gloves or just made his hands blue.

Hwurmp posted:

I haven’t seen one, but one time someone posted a horrifying horse transformation comic in the PYF comics thread and now it’s burned into my memory. Movie Sonic’s face makes me think of that.