Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

It got them released so maybe they're onto something.
Unfortunately they were dumb assholes whose stupid assholery kept them from capitalizing.

I'm just grabbing MY......................Consensual PENIS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Yeah maybe not part.
Like maybe just go into business and like...blade. Or put yourself through the announce table when the match doesn't call for it.
Look, it's either solutions or despair.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I feel like everyone should just act like Okada did after he lost the title to Omega in New Japan. Just do everything Vince hates so he doesn't book you for matches that way you can preserve your body until your contract runs out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave said that Gallows and Anderson were offered similar deals to the ones the Revival turned down and they turned it down too btw

Obviously not getting the same treatment as the Revival because buds with Styles and Finn. Sometimes it's all about who you know

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

STAC Goat posted:

The rub is that even if 2 comes to pass and people stop wanting to sign with WWE because of people like Luke Harper and the Revival and Sasha Banks exposing the lovely situation, as you said 3 kicks in and WWE has the money, status, and momentum to just wait 5 or 10 years until that's all forgotten and there's a new generation of kids who dream of being WWE superstars. Its tough to lose when you're that big.

Well WWE's demographic is raising and it's ratings are sinking, the crop of new kids looking to break themselves for the big time might be a little more shallow by then.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

STAC Goat posted:

How to get out of a WWE Contract...

Have sex with a drugged out teenager, get accused of raping her by drugged out teenagers, attack drugged out teenagers accusing you of raping a drugged out teenager online, don't tell your bosses.

if you murder her vince will cover it up

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Gallows leaving will be a morale hit.

Anderson is a VERY well-liked guy too don't me wrong but Gallow's humour pops the crowd and comes through the bleakest scenarios.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Rick posted:

If I remember correctly, the last time Meltzer was asked this, he suggested no, but with the caveat that there's always a way to cancel a show that doesn't perform

fox should cancel smackdown

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

Anderson is a VERY well-liked guy too don't me wrong but Gallow's humour pops the crowd and comes through the bleakest scenarios.

Gotta love that Gallows humor

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Gotta love that Gallows humor

Was avoiding the obvious but yes.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rovert posted:

I knew the big LG was a good brother.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Lacey Evans leaving for AEW is going to be devastating to the women’s locker room. Many of them are already lying on the floor, cawing loudly like crows.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my source, and i believe it, says moxley and the club having high up friends isn't why they weren't treated like poo poo. it's because they were great employees unlike the revival. vince has a lot of respect for good honest and honorable folk

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Vince is basically jacked Willy Loman. He hates whistler

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im pro lio rush

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm standing in solidarity with Lio we're calling ourselves the Rushians.

Hold on.

Let me get back to you guys on that.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

reignofevil posted:

I'm standing in solidarity with Lio we're calling ourselves the Rushians.

Hold on.

Let me get back to you guys on that.

mount rushmore

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope Lio hits a Lioslam on Jerry McDevitt and rips up his WWE contract in front of 100,000 screaming Liomaniacs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/manscaped/status/1124023857793388544

https://twitter.com/GingerPimpernel/status/1124127350831099904

Watch the fed kill it or something

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

rovert posted:

Was avoiding the obvious but yes.

if anyone is good at avoiding the obvious its rovert heyooooooooooooooooooooooo

just kidding rov we're friends

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

#myballswillthankme

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
At the risk of me sounding like a bootlicker/WWE defender, don't they get the talent flights every weekend to the first show and flights back home?? Thought I read that somewhere.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

keevo posted:

At the risk of me sounding like a bootlicker/WWE defender, don't they get the talent flights every weekend to the first show and flights back home?? Thought I read that somewhere.
a bunch of paupers run excitedly toward the square as news spreads throughout the village of a benevolent ruler on a quaalude bender raining gold shillings upon them from the deck of a zeppelin.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

keevo posted:

No. Kairi Sane talked about it in her interview with Tokyo Sports last week I think, and she said that she has to make her own travel plans now, compared to when she was in NXT. Because unlike the main roster, WWE covers the majority of travel expenses for NXT whenever they go on a national tour.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fsmhunk posted:

I knew the big LG was a good brother.

You know since he arrived in WWE, reports of the boys being out back buying flowers for their sweeties and toys for the little children have skyrocketed :hmmyes:

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

between failing ratings and diminishing live gates and talent frustration and viceland and john oliver and the negative saudi press and the obvious links between vince and his stupid vanity football league and the trump administration and the forthcoming deal with a major network who are gonna expect more than USA i'm so glad we're getting close to the point where WWE will eventually be held under the microscope.

vince is flying dangerously close to the sun on wings of pastrami and it'll be so cathartic when he finally plummets into the sea.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

You know since he arrived in WWE, reports of the boys being out back buying flowers for their sweeties and toys for the little children have skyrocketed :hmmyes:
remember the halcyon days of southpaw championship wrestling where the perception was that people enjoyed going to work?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I want Vince to live just long enough to see the failure of the XFL again and to lose in weekly ratings vs another wrestling company

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the xfl will reinvigorate america’s Love of the Game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

No. Kairi Sane talked about it in her interview with Tokyo Sports last week I think, and she said that she has to make her own travel plans now, compared to when she was in NXT. Because unlike the main roster, WWE covers the majority of travel expenses for NXT whenever they go on a national tour.

WWE Pays for the flights. What they don't pay for is all other road expenses, Car Rentals, Hotels, Etc all come out of talent's pockets.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Again it's why Brock is actually the best wrestler working. He does what he wants. Legit more wrestlers in wwe just need to go into business for themselves.

Cornette said basically the same thing on his episode with Dave last week, but he framed it by saying you should grab Stephanie by the throat and call her a twat and stuff and frankly it kinda undercut what was essentially a decent point but that's Corny for ya!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

STONE COLD 64 posted:

WWE Pays for the flights. What they don't pay for is all other road expenses, Car Rentals, Hotels, Etc all come out of talent's pockets.

This is the impression I got over the years. Like sure, they'll fly you into Cleveland for Raw that week, but then you have to rent a car, find a hotel, drive to Columbus for Smackdown, then drive around to Akron and Toledo and Dayton and whatever other fuckin' podunk Ohio towns for house shows that week, paying your hotel fees the whole way, then back to Cleveland to catch your *company-funded flight* over to the next Raw town.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Think about this idea: AirBNB for wrestlers.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
how about: fans paying the WWE to drive and host the WWE superstars

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
watched the bruiser brody viceland episode and i'm wondering why abdullah lied about the hotel meeting where brody's death was announced? it seems like the most insignificant thing to lie about in the documentary, was there more discussed at the meeting or did abdullah just forget it happened?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

watched the bruiser brody viceland episode and i'm wondering why abdullah lied about the hotel meeting where brody's death was announced? it seems like the most insignificant thing to lie about in the documentary, was there more discussed at the meeting or did abdullah just forget it happened?

abdullah is a piece of poo poo and was still pretty much working during that interview that he's a mean loner or some poo poo

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Drew McIntyre posted:

how about : fans paying the WWE to drive and host the WWE superstars

Love the idea. Untapped revenue stream.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

This is the impression I got over the years. Like sure, they'll fly you into Cleveland for Raw that week, but then you have to rent a car, find a hotel, drive to Columbus for Smackdown, then drive around to Akron and Toledo and Dayton and whatever other fuckin' podunk Ohio towns for house shows that week, paying your hotel fees the whole way, then back to Cleveland to catch your *company-funded flight* over to the next Raw town.

I believe the NFL covers all the players' road expenses, right? And UFC does the same plus gives the fighters a stipend? And both organizations are pretty scummy but still do at least this.

I'm gonna assume the XFL players are gonna be in the same boat as the WWE wrestlers.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Drew McIntyre posted:

how about : fans paying the WWE to drive and host the WWE superstars

You mean as return to the Mick Foley / Owen Hart cheapness competition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
another viceland question: so since David Von Erich clearly OD'd, how does Kevin claim that Japan determined he died of ruptured intestines? is he just straight up lying (which I suspect) or is there a story about a falsified death certificate that didn’t make into the documentary