Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Elephant Ambush posted:

Could we please talk about skill trees or guns instead of rehashing how dumb the Gearbox owner is for the thousandth time?

If you have some information to share now is the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Rinkles posted:

For those that don't know, his career started at 3D Realms.

Yep he is literally a Broussard protege, who is also a sex pest and general creep. I know way way too much about DNF and was active on the 3dr forums from like 97 on so I have lots of useless information about developers in Texas.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I wanna know whether the Hunter robot or the mech girl will have the Sniper tree since that has governed my character choices forever

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Hunter mech is basically mechanical Mordecai, so I'm guessing they have it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

LostRook posted:

Hunter mech is basically mechanical Mordecai, so I'm guessing they have it.

That's what I'm thinking. Sniper rifles don't seem to fit with rideable mechs. At least not in my head.

My wife is absolutely going to play Moze though. Gaige was extremely her poo poo in BL2 so this makes a perfect transition.

I hope we see a skill tree for her soon.

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Has anyone told Gearbox that Bioware already tried to have instanced level/power scaling and it's literally impossible?

:mmmhmm:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm excited for the robot because robot! but I'm not sure how beast master/summoner is going to work for me.

Though honestly the only skill tree I've ever really enjoyed for itself (rather than just playing it because it was powerful) was Athena's stack-building tree. So I hope something like that is in the game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Kaustik posted:

Has anyone told Gearbox that Bioware already tried to have instanced level/power scaling and it's literally impossible?

Yea, is going to be a problem.. but with luck, a minor one.

Borderlands 3 is looking awesome!, I am sure the game will come with problems we can't see yet, but so far everything is even better than expected.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I’m waiting to see Amara’s Phaselock-type power in action. (All I saw yesterday was her butt-slam power, for the record.)

If it plays like Maya I’ve found my first character.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Did anyone notice whether there were any new/ different equipment slots?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Could we please talk about skill trees or guns instead of rehashing how dumb the Gearbox owner is for the thousandth time?

I am really hype for Zane. I was curious about "operative" and was hoping he'd be kinda Solid Snake or whatever but his skills seem really cool and fun and potentially really powerful with a team.

DancingShade posted:

Okay. It's a bit of a can of worms, but how about that rumor that Lorelei is trans?

https://twitter.com/CiaranStrange/status/1123695965662216192

Plus the actor who is playing Lorelei is trans.

On the other hand, the actor voicing Lorelei is a trans man.

ShadowedFlames posted:

I'm waiting to see Amara's Phaselock-type power in action. (All I saw yesterday was her butt-slam power, for the record.)

If it plays like Maya I've found my first character.

Her left tree is the butt slam, the middle tree shoots a giant projectile, and the right tree is phaselock. Also, you can spec into a modifier for any of the three abilities that phaselocks any enemies hit by them.

Rinkles posted:

Did anyone notice whether there were any new/ different equipment slots?

All of the gear slots are the same as BL2, although it isn't clear the effects of relics and class mods have changed. There's a new system that replaces Badass Ranks, and it might be more relevant than BAR ever was.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I'm looking forward to how this game can be broken. What will be the next unpatched Evil Smasher or unnerfed Bee + Conference Call? Alt fire modes will offer all kinds of opportunities

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Dr.Smasher posted:

I'm looking forward to how this game can be broken. What will be the next unpatched Evil Smasher or unnerfed Bee + Conference Call? Alt fire modes will offer all kinds of opportunities

Most legendaries and uniques don't seem to have alt-fire modes, or their special trait is an alt-fire mode. That said, we saw, what, a dozen unique weapons at most?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

my biggest wish for borderlands 3 is being able to track multiple quests at once, rather than having to constantly switch between map and quest log to try and parse where everything was. i don't remember if i said that in this thread already. i apologize if so.

my second biggest wish is that we can still cheat engine the gently caress outta the game

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

ShadowedFlames posted:

I’m waiting to see Amara’s Phaselock-type power in action. (All I saw yesterday was her butt-slam power, for the record.)

If it plays like Maya I’ve found my first character.

There's some short shots of it in the official trailer thing put out yesterday. It seems a lot like it's literally Phaselock except instead of adding tons of wacky effects on top via skills it's more "and then even more magic arms pop up and punch nearby bandits in the dick".

Kaubocks posted:

my biggest wish for borderlands 3 is being able to track multiple quests at once, rather than having to constantly switch between map and quest log to try and parse where everything was. i don't remember if i said that in this thread already. i apologize if so.

Oh god, yes, this. It hurts even worse because they often clearly designed a lot of quests to overlap but you wouldn't immediately notice that unless you're flipping between every available quest and making a mental note. (And then other times they just say gently caress you and spread poo poo across all four corners of the map because ???)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

my second biggest wish is that we can still cheat engine the gently caress outta the game

the demos yesterday required the players to switch between quests to see the markers, rip

it's playable offline so it should probably be cheatable

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

the demos yesterday required the players to switch between quests to see the markers, rip

extremely hosed up if true, legit upon replaying both bl2 and tps this past year that was one of the most aggravating parts of the game

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
That's been one of the biggest criticisms of the series since the very first game.

So of course they're never going to fix it.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Kaustik posted:

All BL3 does is scale your damage down to the host so if you’re level 37 and join a level 16 game your guns will do damage like they’re a level 16 version of itself while the enemies still give an appropriate amount of XP for you. Anthem was built around a fundamentally broken loot system. I really don’t see how these things are comparable. I know people don’t tend to love dead island but that game managed a similar scaling system really well so I have no idea why you’re calling it literally impossible?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think you missed the snickering face indicating that it was a joke, presumably at Bioware's expense.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Fair, but I’ve seen that comparison done several times at this point :shrug:

is there like a statement bioware made that people are riffing on that I’m missing?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I saw the character who pilots the big robot fire what looked like two mini-nukes at something.

Think I've chosen which one I'm going to play first.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

DancingShade posted:

I saw the character who pilots the big robot fire what looked like two mini-nukes at something.

Think I've chosen which one I'm going to play first.

Moze looks fun as hell.

I am annoyed that there is a character who drives a giant robot and a character who is a robot and we didn't get to see either of them. Gearbox is holding out robots on us, wtf

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cease to Hope posted:

Moze looks fun as hell.

I am annoyed that there is a character who drives a giant robot and a character who is a robot and we didn't get to see either of them. Gearbox is holding out robots on us, wtf

More trailers to drip feed us later. I'm sure we'll see those eventually.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

DancingShade posted:

More trailers to drip feed us later. I'm sure we'll see those eventually.

They are backloading their robots here though.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
The only Legendary I've seen stand out for me was a legendary Jakobs shotgun called the Nimblejack. It was a one shot shotgun that fired 12 projectiles in a massive spread, but if you jumped with it the rectile turns into a tiny dot and it gains perfect accuracy.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

there seems to be more than one legendary per manufacturer and type this time around though which is very interesting, I think it’s going to be one old and one new or something like that since all duplicates I’m aware of have been from previous games

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

watho posted:

there seems to be more than one legendary per manufacturer and type this time around though which is very interesting, I think it’s going to be one old and one new or something like that since all duplicates I’m aware of have been from previous games

I hope so. Legendary and unique weapons are what keep this game interesting for me, so the more the merrier.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Aaaaah this game looks amazing!!! My only big worry is whether or not it will target 60fps on PS4 PRO :sweatdrop:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

i hope the rumour is true, would be cool

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/davideddings/status/1123970727395373057

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Greenplastic posted:

Aaaaah this game looks amazing!!! My only big worry is whether or not it will target 60fps on PS4 PRO :sweatdrop:

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

it struggles to do 60fps on remasters of last gen borderlands

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

it struggles to do 60fps on remasters of last gen borderlands

i think bl2 runs great, outside a handful of spots

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

That’s a spicy burn.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Why you would gently caress me on this is beyond me... thanks a lot.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I wonder what he wants cash wise, maybe we can crowdsource a community mod to replace the sound files and he can toss digs at Randy

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i love how companies and individuals that have worked with randy pitchford have all been inevitably burned by him and have severed all ties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Its funny how a lot of these characters were just employees doing voices for free, and the moment they ask to be treated like voice actors Randy fucks them.