Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ChickenHeart posted:

Also Godbless this idiotic, nigh-unplayable game about farting spacemen:

I just wanted to be a gimmick AI that spewed quotes from Midway's NBA: Jam. Instead, the station transformed into a basketball stadium, I got to promote Decirprevo products, and numerous crewmembers were obliterated by negative B-ball particles.

Sounds like you were given ample reason to spew quotes from Midway's NBA: Jam :colbert:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Oh yeah, I forgot you could actually do a chaos dunk in this game.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sounds like you were given ample reason to spew quotes from Midway's NBA: Jam :colbert:.

In all honesty I found it to be a great preview for The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Gerhazo posted:

OOC: Kirinith: I had a stowaway spawn in one of my produce crates arriving on-station

The stowaway apparently exited the crate just as it was about to get sold. :allears:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

ChickenHeart posted:

Also Godbless this idiotic, nigh-unplayable game about farting spacemen:

I just wanted to be a gimmick AI that spewed quotes from Midway's NBA: Jam. Instead, the station transformed into a basketball stadium, I got to promote Decirprevo products, and numerous crewmembers were obliterated by negative B-ball particles.

I hope you got to comment on someone burning and then being completely engulfed in flames with "He's heating up!" and "He's on fire!!".

And the obligatory "boomshakalaka" when the Chaos Dunk hit.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Not my screenshot, but I’m very happy that what I did was captured by a photo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont be the nerd who screams out that someone has a stolen ID on the radio folks.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

;HOP IS LEAVING HIS DESK!!!
:goonsay:

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Why do I have so much fun playing as a completely inept Sec? Not "I don't get it" inept, more "I'd help, but.....donuts" inept.

Quite a few times yesterday I would flash/handcuff the dude who was clearly(from an OOC view) chasing/attacking the original offender. Criminal runs away while I grill the innocent party what happened. It's way more fun than it should be.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Retro42 posted:

Why do I have so much fun playing as a completely inept Sec? Not "I don't get it" inept, more "I'd help, but.....donuts" inept.

Quite a few times yesterday I would flash/handcuff the dude who was clearly(from an OOC view) chasing/attacking the original offender. Criminal runs away while I grill the innocent party what happened. It's way more fun than it should be.

That's because you're playing as goodsec, which is the polar opposite of the terrible shitcurity.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Not my screenshot, but I’m very happy that what I did was captured by a photo

I like that they were dying but still took the time to make a pun about their death. Excellent player.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

*4 nuke ops bust in through a window, training their guns on the officer loitering nearby*

Officer McRedbeat says, "Oh wow, I didn't know they brought back TURDS"

*gets shot into swiss cheese*

Officer McRedbeat whispers, "Just like the old days..."

Officer McRedbeat siezes up and falls limp, her eyes dead and lifeless.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Retro42 posted:

That's exactly how I play sec, put all my weapons in a locker and lock it up then load up my backpack with donuts, coffee and cigarettes and ask the HoP to remove my security access. Then I walk around chain smoking with coffee in one hand and a donut in the other and yell at people for minor offenses while totally ignoring serious problems.

It always ends with some traitor murdering me and for their trouble they get a useless ID and all my snacks. Owned, bitch.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Mallcop should totally be a job for wannabe sec officers

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Stripping even the stun weapons from normal sec officers would help immensely. Make them have to go beg the HoP/Captain for the ability to pull out weapons.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quicksilver6 posted:

Mallcop should totally be a job for wannabe sec officers

Just give Security a pretend "Deputy" badge they can hand out to people. Doesn't actually do anything or grant access anywhere (it's just a crude slip of paper with "Deputy" written on it. Incorrectly, according to the examined description), but you can stick it in your ID slot and point at it to feel like a big man on the station!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just give Security a pretend "Deputy" badge they can hand out to people. Doesn't actually do anything or grant access anywhere (it's just a crude slip of paper with "Deputy" written on it. Incorrectly, according to the examined description), but you can stick it in your ID slot and point at it to feel like a big man on the station!

Seconded

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

The best security ignores the changeling to cite the station personnel for building improvised flamethrowers.

While on fire.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is your duty as security to arrest anyone who would stop the threats that you refuse to acknowledge

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"Junior Deputy" stickers would be a great patronizing gift/punishment/insult

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Can the Wifi Component from MechComp send messages to players? I was trying to link a trip wire to a Wifi Component as a sort of silent alarm. The Wifi Comp was sending out the signals just fine according to my Packet Sniffer, but they weren't actually reaching anyone. Tried sending the message as a text message to PDAs and as a radio signal over various frequencies, but it never arrived.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
A junior deputy kit would be hilarious - Halloween grade uniform, crappy metal deputy badge, toy taser, ornamental flash, helmet with old timey siren.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

monolithburger posted:

A junior deputy kit would be hilarious - Halloween grade uniform, crappy metal deputy badge, toy taser, ornamental flash, helmet with old timey siren.

It should include a toy baton that squeaks when you hit people with it.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I feel like a Keystone Kops style uniform would be perfect

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Quicksilver6 posted:

I feel like a Keystone Kops style uniform would be perfect

There's already an old-timey constable's uniform in tech storage near arrivals on Cog1 (and elsewhere on other maps), same style as that used in the Keystone Kops shorts. Grab that and the baseball bat laying nearby and you're good to go as a lovely imitation cop.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/RobotAndAIWorld/status/1124634457875582976

bee bots on the ISS

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

No painting it like a companion cube is a huge missed opportunity.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

MrYenko posted:

No painting it like a companion cube is a huge missed opportunity.

Nice to meet you, time traveler from 2007. Mind sharing your time tunnel with the rest of us? 2019 sucks.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mors Rattus posted:

Nice to meet you, time traveler from 2007. Mind sharing your time tunnel with the rest of us? 2019 sucks.

I’m stuck here, same as you. This is the worst timeline.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hey, as a suggestion, maybe set it so when the shuttle is automatically called because nearly everyone's dead, it can't be sent back, so that the round can't be held hostage for two hours by just one or two turbonerds.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

EclecticTastes posted:

Hey, as a suggestion, maybe set it so when the shuttle is automatically called because nearly everyone's dead, it can't be sent back, so that the round can't be held hostage for two hours by just one or two turbonerds.

Seconding this!!!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

Please.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

But how will they ever solo the nonexistent good ending of the solarium if you keep calling the shuttle?

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
If you couldn't recall the shuttle if the autocall was due to 'crew deaths', you'd end up with equally annoying nonsense on lowpop where one player can suicide to force a round restart if they didn't get antag/artifact spawns were bad/other pettiness.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
There's also the case where someone is cloned, which doesn't stop the counter even though technically nobody died.

Some way of having ghosts weigh in on shuttle-calling would be welcome in that case.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Shuttle has been called, Reason: EXCESSIVE SPOOKY GHOST PRESENCE DETECTED, 2SPOOPY4ME-LEVEL ALERT ISSUED

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Maybe just check the ratio of living players to ghosts of previously-alive players and set a sensible threshold past which shuttle recall is impossible.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

just make it call an OOC vote in a popup

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

alternatively don't gently caress a bunch of poo poo up by arbitrarily making the shuttle impossible to recall when ghosts become antsy and instead leave things the way they have been for over a decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Or just leave it up to the coders to decide what's a good threshold and make tweaks as necessary? I've definitely seen complaints around before of depopulated stations becoming ghost towns because the shuttle couldn't be called due to traitorous rampage. I'm sure some contingency could be coded in to deal with lowpop rounds to prevent a single death from causing the round to end. Rendering a whole server basically unusable for hours because a turbonerd wants to rampage and camp the shuttle does not, a fun SS13, make.