Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Edge & Christian posted:

I got at least a couple of people banned last summer when EVS sicced his crew on me, since the entire narrative there was EVS going "oh ho, the trebuchet thing about eliminating vermin like you from society is a JOKE, something you soyboy cuck snowflakes are incapable of understanding" and then a few people were dumb enough to go "it's not a joke, I want to end you" and they got suspended.

The funny thing is that I was trying to look up that incident a few weeks ago (I forget why) but the threads are almost all gone because literally 18 out of 20 people who yelled at me have suspended accounts today.

What's your Twitter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1123215963804110848

Honestly once the Vic stans weighed in, I figure she's probably right. Not that ComicsGate is some paragon of wit, mind.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1123215963804110848

Honestly once the Vic stans weighed in, I figure she's probably right. Not that ComicsGate is some paragon of wit, mind.

It would explain why they know literally nothing about the history of comics

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Meanwhile, back on Don Cheadle's twitter:

https://twitter.com/DonCheadle/status/1123404770281050112

#BodyLanguage

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ah, Brie's body language being analyzed by an expert noted scientician, no doubt.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They are still at this. Most people stopped caring about Captain Marvel a week after it released

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dawgstar posted:

Ah, Brie's body language being analyzed by an expert noted scientician, no doubt.
I hope he's a dentist*

(*some idiot in US congress once was like "as a dentist I know body language and *frrrrrrtttt*)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Big props to Don Cheadle for directly engaging with this bullshit.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1123642398125379584

Happily I don't read anything by them, but it's not a great look.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I seem to recall their publisher not being a nice guy.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Literally everything Dynamite makes is some stupid garbage

Like, their only non-licensed comics are Vampirella and The Boys afaik, and they picked up the latter after Wildstorm told Ennis to gently caress off with that poo poo

e: hahaha holy gently caress, I totally forgot they made John Carter of Mars comics that were so bad the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate actually sued them

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I read Peter Cannon and will continue to read Peter Cannon because I support Gillen and he deserves support and the book is good even if maybe the publisher might be lovely.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

congrats

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

X-O posted:

I read Peter Cannon and will continue to read Peter Cannon because I support Gillen and he deserves support and the book is good even if maybe the publisher might be lovely.

This.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Like, their only non-licensed comics are Vampirella and The Boys afaik, and they picked up the latter after Wildstorm told Ennis to gently caress off with that poo poo

e: hahaha holy gently caress, I totally forgot they made John Carter of Mars comics that were so bad the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate actually sued them

They keep getting their hands on good poo poo and ruining it. See, the Gold Key heroes, Kirby's odds & ends etc.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Actually it wIas DC who told him to gently caress off, when his Batman and Robin analogues wound up in a threesome with Catwoman.

Dynamite have done some decent stuff in the past, though. I think they did the Highlander comics.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cosmic Book News are chuds, right?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jedit posted:

Actually it wIas DC who told him to gently caress off, when his Batman and Robin analogues wound up in a threesome with Catwoman.

Dynamite have done some decent stuff in the past, though. I think they did the Highlander comics.

Wildstorm was a DC imprint at that point

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-O posted:

There's also only ancouple issues left! So you only gotta support dynamite a little longer

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Wildstorm was a DC imprint at that point

Yeah, I know, I'm just saying that it went above the Wildstorm editors and came straight from the top.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

X-O posted:

...wait that's Dynamite? Huh, guess it might not all be crap there, just like 98%

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I'm a fan of their Miss Fury series too, at least what I read of it. It's ambitious and weird.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

...wait that's Dynamite? Huh, guess it might not all be crap there, just like 98%

So is Six Million Dollar Man by former goon Chris Hastings!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tweet removed, nothing to see here.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 2, 2019

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Tweet gone, what did it say?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dreqqus posted:

Tweet gone, what did it say?

I need to learn Zircher deletes his stuff. He called out Dynamite for doing anything with EVS, and said that he had hoped the only announcement he heard about Ethan was him losing his drawing hand in a zoo accident. Zircher also went on to remind folks that even before all of this EVS did a Hitler homage with his artbook.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Is Jeremy Whitley still writing Vampirella? No way he’d like comicsgate poo poo in his books.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I don’t think he is anymore. Looks like his run ended at issue 11, going off of comixology

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ren got banned again. Same bullshit as before.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also Nick is back.

The first tweet I saw when I heard was him dunking on Boogie, of all people.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dawgstar posted:

Also Nick is back.

The first tweet I saw when I heard was him dunking on Boogie, of all people.

Sorry, who is Nick?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Unlucky7 posted:

Sorry, who is Nick?

Nick Rekieta, AKA Blackface Lawyer and chud legal counsel.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

Ren got banned again. Same bullshit as before.

At some point twitter should add a flag to certain accounts indicating they are the target of harassment, and reports should be considered with this in mind.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wendell posted:

At some point twitter should add a flag to certain accounts indicating they are the target of harassment, and reports should be considered with this in mind.

That would require effort on their part.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
wouldnt want to decrease nazis engagement with the website by shielding their harassment targets

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wendell posted:

You just know they'd only flag accounts like Cernovich to protect.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What tablet should I get for digital comics?

What app is best? Comixology?

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
May be the wrong thread for this but I've got an 8 inch kindle fire that's wonderful for comixology and was only like 60 bucks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Whatever the biggest iPad you can afford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/phoetonblast/status/1124366143723057153?s=19