Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

113mb gif

You can add v to the .gif extension to make it a much smaller image. You can be super lazy that way too because you don't need to put the link in tags and the forums will magic it for you.

e: for new page

https://i.imgur.com/osuAgEY.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

naem
May 29, 2011

jobson groeth posted:

You can add v to the .gif extension to make it a much smaller image. You can be super lazy that way too because you don't need to put the link in tags and the forums will magic it for you.

e: for new page

https://i.imgur.com/osuAgEY.gifv

but it is a link now and not embeddedd

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

naem posted:

but it is a link now and not embeddedd

It shows up as embedded for me. Check your settings.

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
https://i.imgur.com/XH7s2uY.gifv

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cursed af

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

jobson groeth posted:

I have no idea why or how but all of naem's gifs are huge. Don't know where he gets them but they're all big. This isn't the first time I've mentioned it.

naem
May 29, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have no idea why or how but all of naem's gifs are huge. Don't know where he gets them but they're all big. This isn't the first time I've mentioned it.

it’s just imgur sorry fellas

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Former DILF fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 3, 2019

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

naem posted:

it’s just imgur sorry fellas

I don't mean anything against you. It's just so odd.

Here is something blessed.

https://i.imgur.com/b6C8Dww.mp4

edit: it's big for my 1920x1080 monitor, I can't resize it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit: it's big for my 1920x1080 monitor, I can't resize it

there's a (tamper/grease/violent)monkey script for that (someone in the schadenfreude thread made it, forgot who):

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name               shorter videos
// @namespace          https://forums.somethingawful.com/
// @description        asdf
// @include            https://forums.somethingawful.com/*
// @grant              GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle("video { max-height: 500px; max-width: 1000px; } ");
Adjust the numbers to whatever screensize

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

I'll be bork

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

CleverHans posted:

I'll be bork

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu27nInQXxM

:rip:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Krankenstyle posted:

there's a (tamper/grease/violent)monkey script for that (someone in the schadenfreude thread made it, forgot who):

code:
snip
Adjust the numbers to whatever screensize
GM_addStyle isn't supported on greasemonkey anymore; I updated it here's to re-implement it. It also should auto-embed webms and enable controls on videos by default but you can just delete lines 14-28 if you don't want that or it doesn't work. If you click the raw button (or here) your *monkey should auto-install it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:blessed:

https://twitter.com/AssedBaig/status/1124217323450183681

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Elysiume posted:

GM_addStyle isn't supported on greasemonkey anymore; I updated it here's to re-implement it. It also should auto-embed webms and enable controls on videos by default but you can just delete lines 14-28 if you don't want that or it doesn't work. If you click the raw button (or here) your *monkey should auto-install it.

sweet, thx :)

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

Sex Skeleton posted:

You can tell exactly what kind of man he is by the way he escalates to punching the guy in response to getting a milkshake dumped on him.

I don't know who this guy is, but why wouldn't you punch someone that threw a milkshake at you?

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BattleSausage posted:

I don't know who this guy is, but why wouldn't you punch someone that threw a milkshake at you?

Oh poo poo check out the fascist over here.

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

Twelve Batmans posted:

Oh poo poo check out the fascist over here.

That does not answer my question.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BattleSausage posted:

That does not answer my question.

I was kidding. It was supposed to point people going "Oooh look big man throwing a punch because he had a milkshake thrown on him" but then they applaud people getting punched for just talking and being at rallies they don't like. Like okay "lol triggered" is fine and all, but at least have some consistency. It's goons though so don't expect but the most circular weasel of an answer.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Twelve Batmans posted:

I was kidding. It was supposed to point people going "Oooh look big man throwing a punch because he had a milkshake thrown on him" but then they applaud people getting punched for just talking and being at rallies they don't like. Like okay "lol triggered" is fine and all, but at least have some consistency. It's goons though so don't expect but the most circular weasel of an answer.

Milkshaking ≠ advocating genocide.

Hth.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Twelve Batmans posted:

God you are just the worst. If goons suck so much do everyone a favor and post somewhere else.

Here's some more content.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

BattleSausage posted:

Maybe because up until that point, you were deliberately harassing and provoking the person who threw the milkshake, and shouldn't be surprised that your actions resulted in something happening to you? Maybe because now you have milkshake all over you and it's cold and sticky?

Twelve Batmans posted:

It was supposed to point people going "Oooh look big man throwing a punch because he had a milkshake thrown on him" but then they applaud people getting punched for just talking and being at rallies they don't like. Like okay "lol triggered" is fine and all, but at least have some consistency. It's goons though so don't expect but the most circular weasel of an answer.

If your first impulse is to immediately let loose with fists (because you are constantly primed for a fight), then it might be that you're living a life rooted in conflict and fear-based anger, and you may want to ask yourself Why does this keep happening to me? Am I at all responsible for this outcome? instead of dumbly swinging your meathooks as if a shake poured on your head is a fight or flight scenario. Any opportunity to demonstrate your monkeyman dominance, I guess.

To assholes like this rear end in a top hat, a milkshake poured on the head is far more shocking and upsetting then a punch to the face, because it makes him look like a fool, and no matter how many punches he throws in response, he still has milkshake on his head for the second time in 2 days. He's all flash, no substance. Groomed hair, nice suit, strong muscles with his head up his rear end, thinking that it's more important to look good than to act with decency and humility. Reacting with violence is his default mode because he has no other mode.

Also LOL at the idea that we have to either condemn all violence universally, or be cool with xenophobic assholes strutting around harassing and provoking random people because they have brown skin. Hey guys, there are good people on both sides here. One of them just happens to be advocating for the forceful removal of entire populations of people from a country, while the other is purely a counter-response to that effort, and targets no one else. But hey, they're practically the same, we owe it to ourselves to hear the white supremacists out even though they obviously are not interested in compromise and will readily use physical violence to achieve their goals.

e: And on that note...

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 3, 2019

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Fuckin sun dogs i thought the Roman senate looked into this two thousand years ago

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/ENZ-OAQ98D5iwGhf3Pq2IGQXz15Y_Z87DTSUqnCEAgM/https/i.imgur.com/9OLq7sz.mp4

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chubbs posted:

Bunch of double-speak on why it's okay for one person to lash out but not another.

Whatever. Give them attention and you validate them. Attack them and you incense them. Charlottesville all over again and all anyone will have to show for their deeds is a dead innocent. Good luck with your situational "it's okay" violence fetish you loon.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
This has been hashed out repeatedly and the consensus is

Punch
Every
Nazi
In
Sight

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

BattleSausage posted:

It's just a loving milkshake. I don't want to live in a world where the default reaction to any personal slight is to come out swinging.

Sex Skeleton fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 3, 2019

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Twelve Batmans posted:

Whatever. Give them attention and you validate them. Attack them and you incense them. Charlottesville all over again and all anyone will have to show for their deeds is a dead innocent. Good luck with your situational "it's okay" violence fetish you loon.

but they're not giving them attention they're giving them milkshake, eggs and the occasional punch???

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sex Skeleton posted:

It's just a loving milkshake. I don't want to live in a world where the default reaction to any personal slight is to come out swinging.

You're already in it, have been living in it your whole life, and will continue to live it until the day you die.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
yeah sorry this is a solved problem: punching nazis is good, deplatforming them is good, and it discourages them from opening their stupid loving mouths. Reference: every rising neo-nazi darling post-Charlottesville. Baked Alaska, Milo, all of them are either completely gone or mostly marginalized.

e: Check out this guy innocently giving an interview and getting punched

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 3, 2019

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Please keep political poo poo out of this thread. Nazis getting punched is good but the surrounding subject matter is cursed. This is supposed to be a happy thread.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Nazis getting punched is good but

Cursed

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Gosh golly you guys don't you know violence is wronggggg

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Twelve Batmans posted:

Actually, I think it's far more effective to dump a milkshake on a fascist's head than punch them in the face, because the punch is what they expect to happen and what they've prepared themselves for. They want to fight because it fuels their self-righteousness and makes them feel like they're soldiers in a war of ideology, instead of the shortsighted, lazy thinkers they are in reality. Humiliation is something they don't know how to cope with, because they have no humility.

I would rather not have public violent clashes between opposing groups, but if someone's getting punched, I hope it's the people who pose an actual threat to society instead of the people who are trying to push back against that threat.

They sure as poo poo won't go away simply because you ignore them.

e: Indeed, we need more blessed images in this blessed image thread.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 3, 2019

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

yeah sorry this is a solved problem: punching nazis is good, deplatforming them is good, and it discourages them from opening their stupid loving mouths. Reference: every rising neo-nazi darling post-Charlottesville. Baked Alaska, Milo, all of them are either completely gone or mostly marginalized.

its the slippery slope argument. If you punch a nazi who you disagree with, whats stopping you from punching a store clerk you disagree with??

But there is no "slippery slope" it's a sheer loving cliff labelled [ IS A NAZI ]. It's morally correct to advocate for the assault and humiliation of these people and only the most ivory towered, disconnected, milquetoast, intentionally ignorant centrist would ever dare to argue otherwise

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
Unless it's your birthday and someone throws a milkshake on you and your goon like instincts lead you to believe turning the other cheek is the 2019 thing to do you're a coward

also if there's a nazi and you're not punching him or at least throwing milkshakes on him you're a coward, but this doesn't imply that deplatforming isn't censorship

Thanks

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i mean dumping a mikshake on someone and punching them would both result in the same assault and battery charge so why not just go whole hog and roundhouse kick the motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

Grimey Drawer
IANAL but I believe milkshake dumping would only be assault because it wouldn't cause "physical" harm ("bodily" harm is apparently different)

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 3, 2019