Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Yeah and with a twist ending of Eren is a titan now

I mean, this is literally what the Japanese live action film did. Then they tried to wrap everything up on the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Beefstew posted:

I mean, this is literally what the Japanese live action film did. Then they tried to wrap everything up on the sequel.

Sick, then the bar is set LOW

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The question is will they build actual sets for a late 19th century city or will they just use a modern city.

Also will they change the name like they did with All you need is kill.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

The question is will they build actual sets for a late 19th century city or will they just use a modern city.

Also will they change the name like they did with All you need is kill.
The Eotena Onslaught :twisted:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I think the name stays. Hollywood kept names like Death Note, Alita and Ghost in the Shell. They understand brands. All You Need Is Kill didn't have the same name recognition since it didn't have a long running anime show.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I just don’t see how someone would make a live-action version of this look good, even if they had Pac Rim money...

Donnerberg posted:

I think the name stays. Hollywood kept names like Death Note, Alita and Ghost in the Shell. They understand brands. All You Need Is Kill didn't have the same name recognition since it didn't have a long running anime show.

I believe the final title was Live. Die. Repeat. - All You Need is Kill on the Edge of Tomorrow. :v:

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

The first one was on Netflix or Hulu about a year or 2 ago. I watched a bit of it with my wife, she seemed to enjoy it ironically on some level. It's easily as terrible as you're imagining it to be. The thing I was most disappointed by is that the actresses in it weren't even attractive enough to keep me watching it for that reason. They could've at least gotten that woman that's always trying to catch the salary man that loves sweets in Kentaro.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Trailer's here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUWIb1I-K8o

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
That trailer is pure spoilers for the first 1-2 episodes of the next cour. You've been warned.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Conspiratiorist posted:

That trailer is pure spoilers for the first 1-2 episodes of the next cour. You've been warned.
and I'm lovin' it

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

and I'm lovin' it

Same, I'm super excited that we're going straight to what everybody wants to see.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Isn't it starting back up today?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

theCalamity posted:

MAL says April 29, so tomorrow, but I'm not sure what timezone they're using.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

That first movie owned, actually. We don't talk about the second one.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

theCalamity posted:

Blaze Dragon posted:

MAL says April 29, so tomorrow, but I'm not sure what timezone they're using.

Crunchyroll says today at 10:35 PT, so in a bit over an hour I think

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
The new episode is up

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Very good episode. It's looking like the anime of this arc is pretty much everything I hoped it would be.

lol tho at the op being just straight up the first op but a little different so the teacher doesn't notice

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I hear bits of every opening so far in it.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I'm so excited that this is finally back. Liking the pace so far.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Levi straight up shanking a motherfucker through the neck first chance he gets was excellent. Can't wait to see everything he does given what I've heard of this arc in the manga.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
This show almost never fails to get me excited.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Great episode, but the new op kind of blows, imho

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zebulon posted:

Levi straight up shanking a motherfucker through the neck first chance he gets was excellent. Can't wait to see everything he does given what I've heard of this arc in the manga.
Levi's free of fucks to give. :black101:

Not like he had that many to begin with.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Erwin's pep talk getting interrupted by hundreds of titans transforming was a great Oh Fuuuuck moment.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Sub Harrison posted:

Erwin's pep talk getting interrupted by hundreds of titans transforming was a great Oh Fuuuuck moment.

Dozens, not hundreds. Still a great scene.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Forget the battle of Winterfell. It's battle of Shiganshina time, and I am really looking forward to this getting animated.

Not a fan of the new opening, but the soundtrack in the episode was on point.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Seriously.

I’ve liked Attack on Titan more than Game of Thrones for a while now, but watching Shiganshima after Winterfell yesterday really cemented it for me.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

ATP_Power posted:

Not a fan of the new opening, but the soundtrack in the episode was on point.

I've only heard it once but so far that opening song is such garbage. It feels like punishment for all the complaints about the previous opening (which I liked!). Maybe it'll grow on me but I really am not into the reuse of the previous OPs.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

I really like the new OP.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I assume that the music for the OP is calling back to the previous openings as a way of saying "Yes, we're going to tie together a lot of the questions you had from the first few seasons," just like the visuals are doing, but... I don't really like it. I hope it grows on me.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Well, after watching the opening with copious pausing and jumping between frames, the music is certainly growing on me. Here's what I've noticed:
- The scouts have rockets.
- They also have some sort of experimental explosive device to deal with Reiner's armor. (ETA: Yeah, I'm a moron. They're the "thunder spears" of the next episode. Send currents down the wires to try to blast off the armor?)
- Eren has been experimenting with hand armor using his hardening ability.
- Levi's opponent is the Beast Titan.
- Armin is going to have some sort of literal or metaphorical awakening, or maybe both.

Non-predictions, because they're just too obvious (and pretty much shown in the opening):
- Erwin dies.
- The syringe is going to be used.
- PRAISE HISTORIA, THEY GET TO THE BASEMENT.

Maera Sior fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 3, 2019

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Notice how they're all wearing elbow pads now.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Levi straight up shanking Reiner was so loving awesome. I see why all the kids in Japan loved him when I was there when season 1 was out and I was like what's so special about this glum dude. gently caress yeah Levi!

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

OP's growing on me. I think it's cuz it almost uses the beat from Easy Lover for a sec there.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
This show is so good. I was on the edge of my seat at the end of this episode.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Do I really have to be the first one to acknowledge DioTitan?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Do I really have to be the first one to acknowledge DioTitan?
lol goddamn

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Whoever is in charge of the background titans has a great sense of humor. I loved seeing their arms flailing between the buildings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
background titans have always had an unusual amount of personality, despite being walking flesh prisons