Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Bifauxnen posted:

Eg Greene

As will I. These allegations about Gehn made by a member of the 2nd expedition and a member of his own Guild are too serious to be ignored any further. I will be going to the Cartographer's Guild tomorrow and we will take Gehn into custody. Could our Choctic liaison please begin looking into getting more official support for this?

And if Gehn decides to stop remaining at home all of a sudden... well then we'll just have to have a word with the absolute wanker running the Guild who wishes to keep harboring him.

...pardon my language.

Sorry you and who again?

Meinberg posted:

Speaker Len, of the Shirnao

The Choaneen holds Atrus and Katran’s daughter hostage.

Wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Rhjamiz posted:

Ask him where Atrus is. If he can tell us that much, he'll have at least some use.

Tried that

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Eg Greene

As will I. These allegations about Gehn made by a member of the 2nd expedition and a member of his own Guild are too serious to be ignored any further. I will be going to the Cartographer's Guild tomorrow and we will take Gehn into custody. Could our Choctic liaison please begin looking into getting more official support for this?

And if Gehn decides to stop remaining at home all of a sudden... well then we'll just have to have a word with the absolute wanker running the Guild who wishes to keep harboring him.

...pardon my language.

No, you won't.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

I believe the comment I made was that the communicators can be used as a tool by those with malicious intent to sew discord.

But you wouldn't know anything about that, I'm sure?

Eg Greene

You explicitly stated that Gehn himself severed the expedition's communications to Sa. You stated that he lied about his identity, and tricked your group into fracturing and fighting amongst yourselves, even forcibly injecting you with drugs to achieve this. You implied this is the reason the expedition had so few survivors.

I must have missed the significant next part of your story, where you explain why this makes Gehn still suitable to be 2nd in command of any Guild in Sa, let alone the one in charge of exploring other Ages.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Cool story and you're just outing this extremely delicate and critical information into the general channel because?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Bifauxnen posted:

Eg Greene

You explicitly stated that Gehn himself severed the expedition's communications to Sa. You stated that he lied about his identity, and tricked your group into fracturing and fighting amongst yourselves, even forcibly injecting you with drugs to achieve this. You implied this is the reason the expedition had so few survivors.

I must have missed the significant next part of your story, where you explain why this makes Gehn still suitable to be 2nd in command of any Guild in Sa, let alone the one in charge of exploring other Ages.

Hey pompous windbag, if you could quiet down there's some actual important news happening.

What daughter?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

bagshotrow posted:

If anyone has a location on Nenio Pitzae please tell me. Brodsky maybe send the guy's money back so he doesn't try and stab you any more for a while. I don't know, there's nothing in the handbook for this.

((It literally doesn't even count as an inventory item, sure whatever but it's functionally worthless in all regards))

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

I was also surprised to hear that they had a third child, but the Choaneen made it quite clear.

Kashuno posted:

Cool story and you're just outing this extremely delicate and critical information into the general channel because?

I do not see the value in keeping it hidden. There are many things which I do believe must be hidden, but somethings... like this truth, they must be known more widely.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Meinberg posted:

I was also surprised to hear that they had a third child, but the Choaneen made it quite clear.

I do not see the value in keeping it hidden. There are many things which I do believe must be hidden, but somethings... like this truth, they must be known more widely.

Have you like....seen this child?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Murmur Twin posted:

I would like to talk to you face to face, if you're willing. :ohdearsass: If you're not, I understand.

Now you want to speak?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

You knew about it *days* ago, and you are putting it in here now.

Why?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Meinberg posted:

They hold Atrus AND his daughter or just his daughter?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Because holding Atrus hostage would make no sense.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Rhjamiz posted:

For what it's worth, she said she didn't have Atrus.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rhjamiz posted:

Just the daughter.

And no, I have not seen her, but all evidence suggests that the Choaneen was not lying.

As for why I waited, I didn’t want to put a target on my back until I knew I would be someplace secure.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Meinberg posted:

Just the daughter.

And no, I have not seen her, but all evidence suggests that the Choaneen was not lying.

As for why I waited, I didn’t want to put a target on my back until I knew I would be someplace secure.

I'm just confused when and where and how and...well every part of this it's a pretty big bomb you just dropped!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
...I think your information is mistaken.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Just the daughter.

Len. You aren’t and won’t be someplace secure. This doesn’t make sense

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

curiousCat posted:

For what it's worth, she said she didn't have Atrus.

Then in the end, Gehn must still be interrogated.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you think going where I think you’re going is going to make you safe you are thoroughly mistake and will endanger everyone else by doing this

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I have made my statement on this matter, I will not be further clarifying. Trust or mistrust me as you think best.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
...it's not you I mistrust.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I do not think you are lying.

I think you are not as safe as you believe you are.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Meinberg posted:

Just the daughter....

And no, I have not seen her, but all evidence suggests that the Choaneen was not lying...

That doesn't sound possible. Not unless that daughter is figurative.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Rhjamiz posted:

Then in the end, Gehn must still be interrogated.

I don't think much of an interrogation is needed -- but this is irrelevant. I don't think Gehn has anything to do with Atrus' whereabouts.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rhjamiz posted:

Ask him where Atrus is. If he can tell us that much, he'll have at least some use.

I'll see what I can do!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meinberg posted:

Found him!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

That doesn't sound possible. Not unless that daughter is figurative.

Komp is right.

I am certain you are mistaken or have been lied to.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Len, no matter what you think about where you're going and how safe it is, I can assure you that it is not safe.

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't

Bifauxnen posted:

Eg Greene

...pardon my language.

This is what has you leaping into action? The theory that gehn mind controlled a bunch of people on *another world*, through their *communicators*, and convinced them to kill each other?

Not the stone faced, remorseless admission of the murder of twelve civilians?

What's your problem?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Bifauxnen posted:

Eg Greene

...pardon my language.

Conway of Clan Gavo

Well... you can certainly try.

I've never had any particular objection to the idea of a hearing, but I don't think it's particularly likely to actually happen. If you haven't been to the Leisure Quarter recently, the Loyalists have continued to amass in number there. Taking them on would require something like the entire Mercenaries Guild, and that's assuming the Chochtic don't join in on his side--he is working closely with them.

You have said that him refusing to show up to the hearing would be telling in itself, but Gehn simply does not care what others think of him, and his supporters aren't going to see any reason they should pay any more attention to the hearing than he does.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

bagshotrow posted:

This is what has you leaping into action? The theory that gehn mind controlled a bunch of people on *another world*, through their *communicators*, and convinced them to kill each other?

What's your problem?

Eg Greene

When Rabo is promoted to a high leadership position in one of Sa's major guilds, I will happily take it up with him.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Bifauxnen posted:

Eg Greene

When Rabo is promoted to a high leadership position in one of Sa's major guilds, I will happily take it up with him.

So you only care about crimes if the crimes are done by people in power? Got it.

Hey everyone who does crimes! Vote for Eg if you want to be able to continue crimes without trials!

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't
Cool. I'll be there. If I haven't been murdered by then for being the "agent of a despot."

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Rhjamiz posted:

Choani told me where she believes Atrus to be, and I see no reason to doubt her statement.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

curiousCat posted:

Choani told me where she believes Atrus to be, and I see no reason to doubt her statement.

You and Choani seem to be getting..quite close.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

curiousCat posted:

Where? And if not that, where can I meet you?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Lord of Hats posted:

and that's assuming the Chochtic don't join in on his side--he is working closely with them.

Eg Greene

Well that's certainly interesting.

Choaneen, are you listening? We had our differences in the past, but I recall all those concerns you had about the horrible things Sa had done in places like Channelwood, and... Mechanical? If you were speaking of the things done by the 2nd expedition, you may have a professional interest in learning what Gehn's role in it was, and whether he is the most trustworthy person to remain in your employ.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

bagshotrow posted:

What's your problem?

I mean, that is what happened, right? And Gehn is a despot. Like, you can argue against Eg's policy without denying truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CapitalistPig posted:

So you only care about crimes if the crimes are done by people in power? Got it.

Hey everyone who does crimes! Vote for Eg if you want to be able to continue crimes without trials!

Eg Greene

I don't know why you are making this assumption, as if I am some kind of one-man police force of Sa who must judge each and every individual.

I grew up in Sa. I care about Sa and the way it is run. And I placed great personal hope in that expedition. The issue of Gehn is simply the most urgent and pressing matter in my mind, and if you actually care about justice I'll thank you to not to derail it over being mad that I can't magically apprehend all the world's criminals at once!