Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Khablam posted:

Oh god, if all those leaks are real the internet won't survive it.

The one that says that Dany kills Bram, John kills Missandrey, the Dog kills Tyrion, Tyrion kills Qyburn, Grayworm kills all the prostitutes in kings landing, Varys kills Arya, Arya kills Cersei, Cersei kills Dany, Bronn kills the dragons, the Dragons kills Euron, Euron kills Samsa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alec Eiffel posted:

How can anyone watch people on YouTube talk about shows (or anything)? What can they possibly offer you? Go read a book. I recommend the as-yet-unfinished series A Song of Ice and Fire (1996) by George “Ray Dick” Martin.

I normally don't, but I do think the reactions to this episode were going to be too amusing to pass up after 9 years of buildup. The only one I casually watch is RLM, and that is because they're more of a comedy show than anything else.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I can't bear to watch RLM for media hot takes anymore. They've gotten so wrong headed.

Their other stuff is still fine though.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Steve2911 posted:

I can't bear to watch RLM for media hot takes anymore. They've gotten so wrong headed.

lmao literal wrongthink.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Its Coke posted:

Actual spoilers if you're looking for them: Dany's red dragon dies and Cersei has the Mountain execute Missandei in front of everyone

So this is the only character that is going to die? No main leads again? lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Today is a setup episode again so anything significant happening is a bonus really

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tylersayten posted:

So this is the only character that is going to die? No main leads again? lol

Not for tonight's episode, likely the finale, but Jon is almost def killing Mad Queen Dany.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The confirmed leaks out right now seem to mostly be for eps 4 and 5, with some finale stuff sprinkled in that has been around for a while.

e: anyway there's a spoiler thread and the bad thread if people want to see/discuss that stuff

esperterra fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 5, 2019

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

MrFlibble posted:

lmao literal wrongthink.

lmao thinking they are owed attention

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the final showdown will be between mad queen dany and stannis baratheon, book it D and D.

Cercei and Urine loving sucks and king`s landing should be burned into the ground

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

VanSandman posted:

lmao thinking they are owed attention

Your reading comprehensions pretty loving lovely dude.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MrFlibble posted:

Your reading comprehensions pretty loving lovely dude.

They say a lot of lovely things and some of their opinions are lovely.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Steve2911 posted:

What have they gotten wrong-headed about

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Its Coke posted:

They claim to love movies and to know what's good and bad in movies then they made Space Cop. I don't think it's good at all.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Its Coke posted:

Whenever there's any kind of controversy or outcry about anything they try to position themselves as the 'rational centrists' and mostly parrot the worst poo poo. See TLJ and Captain Marvel for the most recent examples.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

esperterra posted:

The confirmed leaks out right now seem to mostly be for eps 4 and 5, with some finale stuff sprinkled in that has been around for a while.

e: anyway there's a spoiler thread and the bad thread if people want to see/discuss that stuff

Wait I thought this was the bad thread? I always assumed the bad thread was the one with people who hadn't read the books.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Steve2911 posted:

Whenever there's any kind of controversy or outcry about anything they try to position themselves as the 'rational centrists' and mostly parrot the worst poo poo. See TLJ and Captain Marvel for the most recent examples.

Lol the mid 40s guys from Wisconsin aren't raging feminists.

Jesus.

Also TLJ sucked.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Taear posted:

Wait I thought this was the bad thread? I always assumed the bad thread was the one with people who hadn't read the books.

Nah, this is the good thread. The bad thread is the one over in the book barn. It's the thread that wrote that Grum erotica fanfic IRC. you are in the good thread. Relax.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cercei eats a milk steak

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Opferwurst posted:

Cercei eats a milk steak

She does always cover her knees when she's walking around.

Always Sunny crossover confirmed

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

MrFlibble posted:

Lol the mid 40s guys from Wisconsin aren't raging feminists.

Jesus.

Also TLJ sucked.

"raging feminists"

They're shitheads who spend that Marvel review just going on about how having a woman is bad and her looks and etc. Way to discuss alt-right stuff and come off like you're one of them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's about family.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Captain Marvel loving sucked, Brie Larrson is a worse actress than Emilia Clarke and she was the worst part of Endgame

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Taear posted:

"raging feminists"

They're shitheads who spend that Marvel review just going on about how having a woman is bad and her looks and etc. Way to discuss alt-right stuff and come off like you're one of them.

Brie Larson said that she didn't care about white male reviewers - they're white male reviewers. The only white male reviewers who wouldn't call that out are feminists, and probably raging ones at that.

They spend a lot of time talking about the interview because Captain Marvel isn't a very interesting film.

And if you can't call someone out for acting like a twat without being Alt Right then the world is loving doomed.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Steve2911 posted:

The only way they’ve gotten worse is when they’re too afraid to say big movies suck because they’re big movies.

Also they didn’t hate Endgame which was a pile of turds as well.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Can we maybe not talk about spoilers in the non spoiler thread?

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

pseudanonymous posted:

They claim to love movies and to know what's good and bad in movies then they made Space Cop. I don't think it's good at all.

That's fair

Steve2911 posted:

They were right about TLJ. Haven't seen their Captain Marvel vid

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Its Coke posted:

That's fair

They talk about how it’s ridiculous for her to assert that white men can’t critique a movie. They’re right.

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009

MrFlibble posted:

Brie Larson said that she didn't care about white male reviewers - they're white male reviewers. The only white male reviewers who wouldn't call that out are feminists, and probably raging ones at that.

They spend a lot of time talking about the interview because Captain Marvel isn't a very interesting film.

And if you can't call someone out for acting like a twat without being Alt Right then the world is loving doomed.

Talking about “raging feminists” in the year of our lord 2019. You gonna complain about the SJW’s next?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Its Coke posted:

That's fair

Their view of tlj in their contemporaneous review and their view of tlj now are wildly different. At the time they viewed it as weird with good bits and they liked the risks it took, but with some deep flaws and dumb bits that made it bad on the whole. Their view of tlj now is that it's the worst thing in the world and destroyed star wars.

Super Deuce posted:

They talk about how it’s ridiculous for her to assert that white men can’t critique a movie. They’re right.
which is ironic because they got so worked up about the actress that they ended up spending the bulk of the video critiquing her and not the movie. so i guess she was right :shrug:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

bobjr posted:

She should have breakdanced fought with the zombies. If the show is running on what looks cool why not put that in.

The Night's King preparing for the dance battle:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Marlows posted:

Talking about “raging feminists” in the year of our lord 2019. You gonna complain about the SJW’s next?

Ehh. I wanted to distinguish between feminists and arseholes without implying that the feminism was the root cause.

If you can't accept the idea that a white man might have ideas about someone saying white men shouldn't review movies then you fall on the arsehole side. You don't get to throw poo poo and then act upset when someone throws poo poo right back at you.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Super Deuce posted:

Yeah that seems pretty reasonable. I mean if it was a movie specifically about a black or female experience they would only be able to meaningfully critique some aspects of the movie rather than all of them but if it's just Marvel trash come on

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

awesmoe posted:

Their view of tlj in their contemporaneous review and their view of tlj now are wildly different. At the time they viewed it as weird with good bits and they liked the risks it took, but with some deep flaws and dumb bits that made it bad on the whole. Their view of tlj now is that it's the worst thing in the world and destroyed star wars.

which is ironic because they got so worked up about the actress that they ended up spending the bulk of the video critiquing her and not the movie. so i guess she was right :shrug:

the movie was trash what was to talk about? i guess shouldnt have made the review but capital marvel is not a good movie

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Opferwurst posted:

Cercei eats a milk steak

Does she eat them with a side of jellybeans, served raw?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

awesmoe posted:

so i guess she was right :shrug:

I also thought it was hyperbole and a little misguided but nope she was 100% right. I was kinda surprised tbh.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

She said we need to hear more WOC critics in the space rather than the same old white male voices and she was 100% correct.

Being a white male reviewer doesn't mean you have to 'call her out' on it. Just let other people speak for once in your loving life.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Taear posted:

This is the first episode where "normies" that I work with have also not liked it and I'm glad. What a lazy end to the story, they better at least explain something about NK and Bran in the next one!
I'm glad too that they didn't like it, but that's because I enjoy it when people don't like things.

trickybiscuits fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 5, 2019

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Steve2911 posted:

She said we need to hear more WOC critics in the space rather than the same old white male voices and she was 100% correct.

Being a white male reviewer doesn't mean you have to 'call her out' on it. Just let other people speak for once in your loving life.

No. She said she doesn’t want to hear what a white man has to say because it wasn’t for him. That’s bullshit. It’s a very clear distinction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Super Deuce posted:

No. She said she doesn’t want to hear what a white man has to say because it wasn’t for him. That’s bullshit.

Why is it bullshit?