Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Midjack posted:

He’s never re-emerged since his rescue, has he?
Not that I've seen. He's probably way more of an incoherent mess than he was beforehand, which is saying something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Doesn't he have the dubious honor of having the only SA account with revoked perma-dead status?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/AlexHortonTX/status/1125049173617692672?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lol

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That's still not how tariffs work you gigantic idiot.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

As one GiPper once quipped, these Gulfs ain't gonna Tonkin themselves.

Aircraft carrier to Middle East after indications Iran planned attack on US forces

https://abcnews.go.com/International/aircraft-carrier-middle-east-indications-iran-planned-attack/story?id=62843182

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Pumped af for a fresh new war. These are getting stale

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wonder what the next surge is gonna look like

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

psydude posted:

As one GiPper once quipped, these Gulfs ain't gonna Tonkin themselves.

That was me.

I’m not a fan of the regime in Iran but I gotta say I got nothing against the average Iranian, to be entirely honest.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
After nearly 70 years you'd think we would start getting tired of shoving our dick into Iran

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Trump pulling out all the stops for the reelection campaign.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A year ago ( :gonk: ) DuffelBlog had this gem to go with Infinity War.

War in Afghanistan sues Marvel for copyright infringement over ‘Infinity War’ film

https://www.duffelblog.com/2018/01/war-afghanistan-sues-marvel-copyright-infringement-infinity-war-film/

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
isn't that carrier going from the atlantic to the pacific as part of a port thing, like their new home station is going to be in california

hasn't that been announced for like a year that they're doing a grand tour and they're just using it as an excuse to say there's a carrier group on the move because everyone forgot

trump

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Vasudus posted:

isn't that carrier going from the atlantic to the pacific as part of a port thing, like their new home station is going to be in california

hasn't that been announced for like a year that they're doing a grand tour and they're just using it as an excuse to say there's a carrier group on the move because everyone forgot

trump

Bolton has wanted war with Iran for 2 decades. Watch him push Trump to do something stupid.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Bolton has wanted war with Iran for 2 decades. Watch him push Trump to do something stupid.

Oh yeah absolutely. I just mean that they’re spinning it like they sent an armada just now when in reality it’s been on a planned move for the last year.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Didn't Trump do this same poo poo with Syria or something where he declared he was sending a fleet was already on its way there?

e: Maybe it was North Korea?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

north korea

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasudus posted:

Oh yeah absolutely. I just mean that they’re spinning it like they sent an armada just now when in reality it’s been on a planned move for the last year.

This has been a thing for like the entirety of the admin, though, hasn't it? Just acting like long-planned poo poo was thrown together in a week by the pisshog in chief.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

during infrastructure week, no less

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

That was me.

I’m not a fan of the regime in Iran but I gotta say I got nothing against the average Iranian, to be entirely honest.

Yeah, it would be weird to have a grudge against the average Iranian, Russian or North Korean. I guess if they had “free and fair” elections and voted in a Hitler with a massive majority, I could see having something against them then.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

psydude posted:

Didn't Trump do this same poo poo with Syria or something where he declared he was sending a fleet was already on its way there?

e: Maybe it was North Korea?

That NK one was great too because the group commander or whatever was actually sailing away from the Koreas for like, two or three days after asstrumpet tooted his warning to little kim.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CommieGIR posted:

Hey, I'm all for it!

Provided that Bolton leads the first wave in personally. Otherwise, what's the point?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Double posting, but hoo boy it's gonna hurt when the market opens: https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1125357297755086848?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah i saw estimates last night as -450 points

BUT THE ECONOMY IS GREAT

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Dow is already down 357 points, ten minutes into trading :getin:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BigDave posted:

Double posting, but hoo boy it's gonna hurt when the market opens: https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1125357297755086848?s=19

lol unemployment has been falling* for 9 years. Sorry, we won't be doing that anymore!

*(yeah yeah labor participation etc)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Oh no the rich are slightly less rich

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Oh no the rich are slightly less rich

it's a good thought exercise to think about corporate stock valuations as a representation of value stolen from the laborer

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1125396053598060544?s=19

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Is this... a mattering?

DJIA down 1%; SP500 down 1.1%

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
They're gonna hold him in contempt on Wednesday apparently

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Has an ag ever been held in contempt before? I know we're hitting new lows with this poo poo show every day im just curious what we're managing to gently caress up now and whats just at its worst since the teapot dome

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Stravag posted:

Has an ag ever been held in contempt before? I know we're hitting new lows with this poo poo show every day im just curious what we're managing to gently caress up now and whats just at its worst since the teapot dome

Holder was held in contempt for supposedly not releasing fast and furious documents that probably didn't exist. It wasn't pursued further however.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Stravag posted:

The AG that Nixon didn't fire, John Mitchell, I think he was held in contempt.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The Senate is really good and super democratic right???

https://twitter.com/ezralevin/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Abolish the senate, move those duties to house committees.

Also, end world hunger and fix money in politics. Why not done???

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The Senate is really good and super democratic right???

https://twitter.com/ezralevin/statu...ingawful.com%2F

The true spirit of democracy is making sure Those People don't have proportional representation.

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
There's all sorts of poo poo going down about Theresa May being in "secret talks" about a 2nd Brexit Referendum, and all the Brexiters are melting down. The best I can gather is that if there is another referendum it will be "fixed" so "they get the result they want!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

goomsnarr posted:

There's all sorts of poo poo going down about Theresa May being in "secret talks" about a 2nd Brexit Referendum, and all the Brexiters are melting down. The best I can gather is that if there is another referendum it will be "fixed" so "they get the result they want!".

hopefully all the brexiters have “shuffled off their mortal coil” by voting time