Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...

Tryzzub posted:

hopefully all the brexiters have “shuffled off their mortal coil” by voting time

Don't you believe it.
It's genuinely worrying how young some of them are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FrozenVent posted:

Is this... a mattering?

Nah, Contempt of Congress is no biggie and they're mostly doing it to strengthen the fight in court to get the full Mueller Report. They can't really do the whole Inherent Contempt Lockerup thing because as AG, he gets guards and that would be kind of awkward for a Sergeant-at-arms to deal with. Plus, they're going after him regarding the report, not his House testimony that he blew off.

More or less one more step to strengthen the court case, as the federal courts don't like stepping into branch disputes unless one particular side showed they're properly negotiating and the other isn't.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Nah, Contempt of Congress is no biggie and they're mostly doing it to strengthen the fight in court to get the full Mueller Report. They can't really do the whole Inherent Contempt Lockerup thing because as AG, he gets guards and that would be kind of awkward for a Sergeant-at-arms to deal with. Plus, they're going after him regarding the report, not his House testimony that he blew off.

More or less one more step to strengthen the court case, as the federal courts don't like stepping into branch disputes unless one particular side showed they're properly negotiating and the other isn't.

The sergeant at arms can at least serve it and see what they say.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Stultus Maximus posted:

The true spirit of democracy is making sure Those People don't have proportional representation.

I'd be up for lifting the maximum number of representatives in the House, but if you're going to do it with Senators as well, why not just go to a unicameral legislature?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/EricLevitz/status/1125441133746753536

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/geekwire/status/1125417297525395456

Yet another day in the Hellfucker 2019 dimension.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A dumber Ross Perot.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Contempt of congress is basically the dems unzipping their fly and threatening to show you their balls.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.
I came across an article in a different thread, so of course I stopped to read it rather than actually doing work, because lets face it, it's monday and I don't give two shits about being productive.
Just another example of the current administration loving up what used to be an american tradition.

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/05/06/us-state-department-publishes-then-deletes-sadistic-venezuela-hit-list-boasting-of-economic-ruin/

I had contempt for other administrations who were sneakier and more successful, but it's just through the roof now with these bunglers.

I think we need more pups in this thread.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I got chu man.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

My dad just sent me this of the boys back at home :kimchi:

Just another lazy Sunday ☺️

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Thank you both, I'm saving all of these.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

kupachek posted:

I came across an article in a different thread, so of course I stopped to read it rather than actually doing work, because lets face it, it's monday and I don't give two shits about being productive.
Just another example of the current administration loving up what used to be an american tradition.

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/05/06/us-state-department-publishes-then-deletes-sadistic-venezuela-hit-list-boasting-of-economic-ruin/

I had contempt for other administrations who were sneakier and more successful, but it's just through the roof now with these bunglers.

I think we need more pups in this thread.

sir, i recommend you view my twitter page, like and subscribe

https://www.twitter.com/ferrygooddogs

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

sir, i recommend you view my twitter page, like and subscribe

https://www.twitter.com/ferrygooddogs

I don't use twitter but I do have yours bookmarked and I do check it daily. Rose was one of my all-time favorites, but I love them all.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/TVsCarlKinsella/status/1125472202848075790?s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

kupachek posted:

I don't use twitter but I do have yours bookmarked and I do check it daily. Rose was one of my all-time favorites, but I love them all.

Rose is wonderful. I'm very fortunate to be friends with her outside of work. Hell, she's on my facebook profile picture at the moment.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Prince Xenophobic Isolationism, The First of His Name

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

who cares

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Fister Roboto posted:

Prince Xenophobic Isolationism, The First of His Name

:actually:

it won't be a prince.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

EBB posted:

who cares

a lot of people apparently

lots and lots outside of commonwealth countries too

i dont get it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

it's front page news in nz unfortunately

i guess i'm a bad commonwealther for not f5ing constantly on it :shrug:

Hegel Exercises posted:

:actually:

it won't be a prince.

he, i thought

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Rose is wonderful. I'm very fortunate to be friends with her outside of work. Hell, she's on my facebook profile picture at the moment.

I envy you. Please give her some scritches for me next time you see her.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Should have named her “Mission Accomplished” if that were the case.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlPr2KHSFo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

You'd think he'd use tableau for that specific application

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

kupachek posted:

I envy you. Please give her some scritches for me next time you see her.

just for you gonna make a rosepost in dog thread

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Mnuchen refusing to release Trump tax returns

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Syrian Lannister posted:

Mnuchen refusing to release Trump tax returns

Is there any legal basis to refuse the request? Or is this just another Republican "LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" song and dance?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I seriously need to get some exercise. I've spent the last couple of days stewing about how much I hate Evangelicals for their outsized role in making the country this dumb.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BigDave posted:

Is there any legal basis to refuse the request? Or is this just another Republican "LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" song and dance?

He 'consulted with the DOJ', and I'm sure you can understand how they'd deny such a request.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

You'd think he'd use tableau for that specific application

gently caress Tableau and every 2nd rate MBA that shills it.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Vasudus posted:

a lot of people apparently

lots and lots outside of commonwealth countries too

i dont get it

Apparently it's a criminal offense in the UK to (among other things) say anything about abolishing the monarchy.

So better safe than sorry.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd rather have a constitutional monarchy than our current situation.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CommieGIR posted:

He 'consulted with the DOJ', and I'm sure you can understand how they'd deny such a request.

:doh: Just ONCE I'd like someone in the GOP to do something resembling the right thing.

Instead I get unmedicated schizoids who believe that Lil' Donnie is the herald for the Second Coming of Republican Jesus.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

EBB posted:

who cares

The grocery checkout line roster of magazines, soup recipes, and gossip rags is the other GiP CE thread in my life.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BigDave posted:

:doh: Just ONCE I'd like someone in the GOP to do something resembling the right thing.

Instead I get unmedicated schizoids who believe that Lil' Donnie is the herald for the Second Coming of Republican Jesus.

Freudian posted:

Let's examine the problems here.

Liturgigoon thread in A/T having tons of fun counting and naming all the seperate heresies in that jaypeg.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

2,000 years ago a carpenter with a few followers starts preaching about how to live a good life, and gets nailed to a tree for his trouble. His message gets polluted over the years to justify one rear end in a top hat or another having power, and look where it got us.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

BigDave posted:

Yeah, the legal basis is that it will take forever to get a federal court order, then even longer for the appeals court to rule, then even longer for the Supreme Court to rule.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

In nz news

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/political/388638/cannabis-referendum-to-be-a-yes-no-question-govt-confirms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

2,000 years ago a carpenter with a few followers starts preaching about how to live a good life, and gets nailed to a tree for his trouble. His message gets polluted over the years to justify one rear end in a top hat or another having power, and look where it got us.

Yeah christianity can be kind of a mixed bag considering all the prosperity gospel assholes, but on the other hand, Oscar Romero and Dietrich Bonhoeffer are fuckin' legit.