Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Costco OLED prices are terrible. The 55" have been selling online for below $1k routinely in the last month or two.

Ah I just compared to Best buy and it was $1,900 there so it seemed like a way better deal than it is I guess. OLED55C8PUA is the model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know what warrents this or who oks this, but every now and then Costco will have the most LUDICROUSLY priced booze on display in a glass case. It's been a few years but I remember seeing a liter bottle of Patron tequila. And some other liquor I can not remember for about $600 buckos. Not over exaggerating here.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Costco has some crazy stuff especially online like really expensive jewelry and even original artwork.

Seems like it is more for interest sake than actual sales.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

MarcusSA posted:

lol this is one hell of a hot take.

Sorry to burn your retinas with the scorching hot take that a nicer 750ml bottle of booze is a better gift than a 1.75 liter horse trough of medium shelf.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Ringwood Costco has parmesan cheese crisps and my god are the the most delicious thing ever

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I don't know what warrents this or who oks this, but every now and then Costco will have the most LUDICROUSLY priced booze on display in a glass case. It's been a few years but I remember seeing a liter bottle of Patron tequila. And some other liquor I can not remember for about $600 buckos. Not over exaggerating here.

Atlanta Costco had booze for $3299 once

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Got a box of wild planet sardines last time I went and just opened first tin -- holy poo poo these are some meaty bastards I'm used to king oscar that are like 1/3 the size at best these badbois were like 2 crackers worth each! gently caress I love costco

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Taima posted:

Sorry to burn your retinas with the scorching hot take that a nicer 750ml bottle of booze is a better gift than a 1.75 liter horse trough of medium shelf.

this is the costco thread and im taking the horse trough every time buddy

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bargearse posted:

Ringwood Costco has parmesan cheese crisps and my god are the the most delicious thing ever

Are those the ones with the bits of bacon in them?

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Nooner posted:

Got a box of wild planet sardines last time I went and just opened first tin -- holy poo poo these are some meaty bastards I'm used to king oscar that are like 1/3 the size at best these badbois were like 2 crackers worth each! gently caress I love costco

oh yeah...the sardines are amazing !!! Have you tried the wild planet tuna tho? I think its the best tunafish I ever had.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I just had my first can if those sardines at work this week...and promptly got a drop of olive oil on my dress shirt. Does the Co sell bibs for adults?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bargearse posted:

If you mean WHISPS then abso-loving-lutely.

They aren’t cheap they are pure cheese in cracker form.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I was about to buy some Samsung buds since they’re cheap at Costco but every review said they’re a good, cheaper alternative to the jabra elite 65ts if those are too expensive for you but I already own those

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Does the Co sell bibs for adults?

Yeah the 6 pack of white or black! Under shirts are 17.99. Just get a size up and throw one on.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Ultimate Mango posted:

If you mean WHISPS then abso-loving-lutely.

They aren’t cheap they are pure cheese in cracker form.

Those are the ones, yeah. My housemates and I demolished a packet yesterday and spent the rest of the day in a cheese coma.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Taima posted:

yes. for your specific group of friends. I'm glad your entire friends group is in a situation where they'd rather have a better liquor than >2x as much to share around with their friends.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bargearse posted:

Those are the ones, yeah. My housemates and I demolished a packet yesterday and spent the rest of the day in a cheese coma.

Pro tip: top WHISPS with pieces of real Italian Parmegiano Reggiano, also sold at Costco. Double the flavor, double the fun.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Anyone else notice the 1% milk is missing from their warehouses lately? Two different stores haven't had it here around Seattle lately. Real lame since my wife thinks that 2% is tantamount to drinking straight melted butter so I'm stuck with watery non-fat.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Anyone else notice the 1% milk is missing from their warehouses lately? Two different stores haven't had it here around Seattle lately. Real lame since my wife thinks that 2% is tantamount to drinking straight melted butter so I'm stuck with watery non-fat.

Sup low milk-fat-preferring SO partner? I prefer whole so I just buy half gallons for me since I don’t drink it fast enough.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My 1 year old is transitioning to whole milk so I am excited to have an excuse to use it on cereal. Normally we get 1%.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Pro tip: top WHISPS with pieces of real Italian Parmegiano Reggiano, also sold at Costco. Double the flavor, double the fun.

my god why did I not think of this sooner

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

El Jebus posted:

Sup low milk-fat-preferring SO partner? I prefer whole so I just buy half gallons for me since I don’t drink it fast enough.

I have been mixing in heavy cream for my daily lattes, but it makes things like cereal rough.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Mix in heavy cream to the milk for cereal?

That's basically how they make the fat percentage stay at a certain percent anyhow

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Mix in heavy cream to the milk for cereal?

That's basically how they make the fat percentage stay at a certain percent anyhow
Without the homogenization it’s just going to float on the top though

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

My local 'Co has indeed done away with 1%, it looks like; both conventional and organic. C'est la vie.

My wife and I have been looking to replace our dishes for quite some time but hadn't been able to settle on something we both liked until we came across a Laurie Taylor set yesterday. It comes with four plates, four small plates, four small bowls, and four large bowls which is nice since we definitely didn't need any more coffee mugs. We liked them so much we got two sets in case we have people over for dinner or whatever. At $40/each they were a real bargain for the quality and look. It was available in blue and brown which were both nice but we went with the brown.

Also splurged on a big hunk of Pecorino Romano, which has supplanted Parmigiano-Reggiano as my grating cheese of choice. It's so good! The wedge was only $9 too.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Low milk fat milks aren't healthier for you. Drink whole milk.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Whole milk gets ya big n stronk

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
You don't drink milk, you turn it into cheese you idiots

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

The Midniter posted:

My local 'Co has indeed done away with 1%, it looks like; both conventional and organic. C'est la vie.

My wife and I have been looking to replace our dishes for quite some time but hadn't been able to settle on something we both liked until we came across a Laurie Taylor set yesterday. It comes with four plates, four small plates, four small bowls, and four large bowls which is nice since we definitely didn't need any more coffee mugs. We liked them so much we got two sets in case we have people over for dinner or whatever. At $40/each they were a real bargain for the quality and look. It was available in blue and brown which were both nice but we went with the brown.

Unless you live in a place where you have major storage constraints, I'd suggest buying a third set for spares. I suppose that if you didn't really need to buy a second set you may be fine, but it's super annoying to have dishes that could last you a decade with the only issue being you dropped a couple dinner plates and now you can't have more than 4 people over for dinner.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

You're preaching to the choir.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

KakerMix posted:

You don't drink milk, you turn it into cheese you idiots

:hmmyes:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Doubling my blood medication tomorrow

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Is this your medical opinion? If so then my wife will be thrilled to find out.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Saturated fat is bad for you. It just is. Butter is bad for you. The American Heart Association actually says to use margarine over butter. Nothing has trans fats in it anymore.

Fat just tastes better. We need it to live of course, but saturated fat is not good for you.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Lower fat milk isn't healthier because removing the fat just increases the concentration of sugar.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Still drinking whole milk, ya wusses

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I was pushing my cart back to the vehicle, my fiance was a few paces ahead. A middle aged gentleman walking toward the store pointed at a random article in my overflowing wheeled cage and said "You don't need that" with a chuckle. I said "Buddy, I don't need any of it" and we shared a laugh you can only share in the Costco parking lot.

Costco: making human connections in bulk

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
If you're going to drink milk, drink whole milk. If you're going to use animal fat in limited quantities, use butter. If you're going to eat cheese, eat loving cheese.

Otherwise, try to use monounsaturated fats for cooking like olive oil.

I think the AHA is loving full of poo poo, to be perfectly honest, and their idiot recommendations led to an actual public health crisis because of suggesting margarine (with trans fats) was safer for human beings than butter. Too many of their recommendations are too heavily biased by food scientists that have been wholly bought and paid for by monolithic snack companies hell bent on feeding human beings calories from cheap lovely "sugar."

There's a diet epidemic in this country and it has almost nothing to do with butter or saturated fats and it has almost everything to do with corn based sweeteners, carbohydrates and inactivity.

Saturated fats are filling and provide abundant, slow burning energy. Unsaturated fats are filling and provide anti-inflammatory, healthy, slow burning energy. Eat fats, eat protein, lift weights, be active, don't eat sugar.

And if you have a problem with your blood cholesterol levels (overwhelmingly because of inactivity), take a statin.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 7, 2019

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

sweet thursday posted:

Costco: making human connections in bulk

Mods, do the needful...

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Aren't you supposed to add, "im a doctor" to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Pershing posted:

Mods, do the needful...

I'm sorry if I believe in the magic of Costco and their cheap selection of meats