Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what time do Monday WORs usually go up

Excited for them to start with Raw and Meltzer immediately jumping in and talking about BOSJ or the weather instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Excited for them to start with Raw and Meltzer immediately jumping in and talking about BOSJ or the weather instead.

The last couple of weeks where he's tried so hard to delay getting to Raw have been hilarious :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

The last couple of weeks where he's tried so hard to delay getting to Raw have been hilarious :)
Bryan knows full well that if they start with something else, Dave will tie it in to Raw and end up making GBS threads on WWE for 20 minutes anyway, and then have to repeat it all when they do the actual Raw recap. It happens every time they don’t start the Tuesday morning show with Raw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Apropos of nothing, I love your little chomping possum avatar :3:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah it’s by far the best part of my posts

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1125689116392284160

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert posted:

drat, that was a hell of a called shot

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HE KNOWS

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bryan: “that hot in Texas, I’m sure it felt like 200 degrees”

Dave: “well I wouldn’t say it was THAT hot”

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Lucha Party love to have fun

Sami Zayn probably loves to be alive!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bryan: “that hot in Texas, I’m sure it felt like 200 degrees”

Dave: “well I wouldn’t say it was THAT hot”

Dave trying to kayfabe temperature against the bureau of meteorology was certainly a thing.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Seams posted:

The Lucha Party love to have fun

Sami Zayn probably loves to be alive!

i loved this part

"so sami zayn is dead, we'll see if he's back next week"

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Lid posted:

Dave trying to kayfabe temperature against the bureau of meteorology was certainly a thing.

He's a stickler for attendance figures but he plays it fast and loose with the heat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The problem with Sami is that as good as his delivery is, I'm honestly not entirely sure what the character is supposed to be. Is he a parody of Road Dogg yelling at fans on Twitter for being too entitled? Or Vince venting at those same fans while claiming Sami's a heel, so it's OK?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i loved this part

"so sami zayn is dead, we'll see if he's back next week"

Yeah, this killed me. I missed in J-Ru's recap that the trash spot was the same spot they did a while back with Braun where he just died.

e: "WHAT ABOUT SAMI ZAYN? HE LIKES TO BE ALIVE AND HE'S DEAD RIGHT NOW"

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I hope Sami is covered in garbage when he appears next week.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

rovert posted:

I do the same thing on the WWE podcast I occasionally guest on; didn’t realize I was stealing a gimmick.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

I hope Sami is covered in garbage when he appears next week.

New gimmick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e0NLxQJ55Y

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Doesn't EVERYBODY love to have fun?"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf41Hvs3wBI

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tommy Dreamer is not a new gimmick

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jerusalem posted:

Bob Holly def seems a guy that wouldn't love to have fun

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

Bob Holly def seems a guy that wouldn't love to have fun

Also, Lance Storm

Feel like if Russo had both guys in the company while booking they'd have been given a "Wild and Crazy guys" gimmick. Or a Fun Police gimmick.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 8, 2019

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I haven't listened to it yet but Dave is on today's Jericho pod talking about the sale of WCW.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

flashy_mcflash posted:

I haven't listened to it yet but Dave is on today's Jericho pod talking about the sale of WCW.

He is still waiting for the Fusient Media deal to close. Very sad

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.f4wonline.com/search-radioshows?query=worst+nitro&sort_by=created&sort_order=DESC

I have found this to be the easiest way to find a radio show on F4 that will make you laugh non-stop. Somehow I missed it but the New Years Day B&V show is loving amazing for the nitro segment, I was crying and couldn't breathe during Vinny's finisher report. The song loops at least four times.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

flashy_mcflash posted:

Thanks for the heads up, Jericho and Dave have done good podcasts in the past. Will give this is a listen.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

forkboy84 posted:

Thanks for the heads up, Jericho and Dave have done good podcasts in the past. Will give this is a listen.

Just be prepared to fast forward through Jericho’s high school band’s song at the beginning.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

TL posted:

Just be prepared to fast forward through Jericho’s high school band’s song at the beginning.

Oh god yes do that

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait, like his actual high school garage band or is that euphemism for Fozzy?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The yelling at Rob segments on Bryan and Vinny can be funny but also bug me because like...Bryan is just yelling at him for stuff I can't even see and am not gonna pay for haha.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It's almost like them introducing a video sub is bad and has negatively impacted the show for podcast subscribers.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Incessant Excess posted:

It's almost like them introducing a video sub is bad and has negatively impacted the show for podcast subscribers.

I definitely blame it for lack of drops.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
You're right to do so, Bryan has said that Vimeo copyright claims are the reason he moved to using his nephew's awful music instead.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I've been listening to old shows, and Bryan starting every show with a different delta blues song was loving incredible and I hate that they dont do it anymore

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

No it’s his literal high school band.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

Judging by previous Jericho show's I've listened to I expect it to be a kind description of Fozzy.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I want to hear a shill off where people put random things to be advertised into a hat then Jericho and Conrad have to pull them out and do a 1 minute fake advertisement, completely straight, on whatever topic they get.

I never listen to Jericho but hearing him do a promo for not getting hit by a train and having just listened to Conrad do the same topic the night before on 83 Weeks; well now this is something I need to hear.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Low Desert Punk posted:

I've been listening to old shows, and Bryan starting every show with a different delta blues song was loving incredible and I hate that they dont do it anymore

I miss this too. For a while Bryan was doing old non blues songs too and led to a wonderfully awkward moment playing Oh Susanna and you're reminded "oh yea that's when this song was written" because it has Bryan and Vinny both go WHOAAAA WHOOOOAAA to cover it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Good Listener posted:

I miss this too. For a while Bryan was doing old non blues songs too and led to a wonderfully awkward moment playing Oh Susanna and you're reminded "oh yea that's when this song was written" because it has Bryan and Vinny both go WHOAAAA WHOOOOAAA to cover it up.

A to Z Blues was a fun little ditty about torturing and mutilating an unfaithful partner. Fun!