Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
No that's a racing game because I'm racing against my opponent to clear the most puyos.

So this isn't empty and useless here's about 2 1/2 hours of matches from the new Samurai Shodown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGU99UC5DkA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i love puyo puyo tetris but im so rear end at the puyo stuff that i cant bring myself to get it

plus tetris 99 being a thing and all kinda takes all my attention

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

im only interested in tetris 69

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

watch me t-spin

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i love puyo puyo tetris but im so rear end at the puyo stuff that i cant bring myself to get it

Immersion is the best education

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

JP version is getting a seemingly beefy tutorial mode later this month. previous games would teach you how to make 10 chains so that's the expectation for this one too

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I like puyo but I'm pretty bad at it. I can kinda do the GTR now though

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
sometimes i can do stair chains on purpose so im basically a puyo expert

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
How's the netplay? I remember having some mixed experiences with lag in PPT

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i thought it was gonna be called "puyo puyo esports"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i thought it was gonna be called "puyo puyo esports"

The JP version is called eSports but it was localized as Champions.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
puyo puyo esports sounds dumb as gently caress so it is good that they changed the name

also the steam version is going to have sick mods

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
https://versus-form.granbluefantasy.jp/sp/en/input.php

can someone get in this beta for granblue and confirm that it's dogshit for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zand posted:

I applied. I'll record a bunch of illegal footage and get twitch banned for you.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

How's UNIST on the PC?

Like all anime games I presume it's mostly discord based to find matches, but are there people playing it? I've got a PS4 so I could just get it on that instead I suppose.
I've been wanting to crack into it for awhile now and seeing as how the entrants are doing well at Evo it seems like a good time to pick it up.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Elvis_Maximus posted:

How's UNIST on the PC?

Like all anime games I presume it's mostly discord based to find matches, but are there people playing it? I've got a PS4 so I could just get it on that instead I suppose.
I've been wanting to crack into it for awhile now and seeing as how the entrants are doing well at Evo it seems like a good time to pick it up.

PC population blew up after the evo announcement, you can get ranked queue matches just fine during US evening hours now

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Zand posted:

its got special moves on cooldown and also you have to pick a loadout of special moves ala rising thunder. this seems like the main thing that will make people like/hate this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darealkooky posted:

its got special moves on cooldown and also you have to pick a loadout of special moves ala rising thunder. this seems like the main thing that will make people like/hate this game

oh noooo....

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

PC population blew up after the evo announcement, you can get ranked queue matches just fine during US evening hours now

Oh dang, I should definitely pick it up then

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

darealkooky posted:

He'll yeah

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

How's UNIST on the PC?

There's a really annoying bug where it only works right in Windows 10 once per boot or wakeup from sleep. If you close the program and relaunch the stick inputs freak out and spam. So you have to sleep mode + wake up every time

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

darealkooky posted:

hell yeah anime waifus

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Elephunk posted:

There's a really annoying bug where it only works right in Windows 10 once per boot or wakeup from sleep. If you close the program and relaunch the stick inputs freak out and spam. So you have to sleep mode + wake up every time
That doesnt happen to me fwiw

That does not mean it's not a real problem impacting a lot of people, just wanted to make it clear to anyone who does not own it that they might not have this issue.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

darealkooky posted:

is there a way to withdraw my beta entry

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
as always anime is the gateway drug to apostasy

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

darealkooky posted:

That was one of the big reasons I preferred the earlier Touhou fighting games to Hisoutensoku honestly, having to select your deck and futz about sucked

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
As long as move selection is super quick and easy and not some kind of “we intend for you to do this on your downtime” poo poo I’m interested. More Chaos Code and less MK11.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah cooldowns arent an inherently unworkable idea, plenty of individual characters in good games have had cooldown based mechanics

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1126681156420763648

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

my 7 year old daughter said today that tekken 7 was her fave fighting game ever

i disagree but shes making good choices regardless

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is that a 3rd revision? Did they announce it before?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Is that a 3rd revision? Did they announce it before?

Yeah when the PC version came out they announced they're working on a arcade revision that would be coming out in the next year or so. But no details beyond that

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Lateclr doesn't really roll off the tongue, does it

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

cya lateclr alligatclr

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Crocoswine posted:

Lateclr doesn't really roll off the tongue, does it

I propose calling it minus R

Endorph