Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pat wants to litter his house but not the planet, or let it die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, the Truth Behind The Scenes about FNF from woolie on the podcast is a real bummer, lovely fans ruin eeeeeeverything

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Captain Invictus posted:

Man, the Truth Behind The Scenes about FNF from woolie on the podcast is a real bummer, lovely fans ruin eeeeeeverything

Is there a good summary? I haven't been able to listen to/watch the podcast in ages, and if he's actually detailing some issues then it'd be interesting.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
remember the ol "lol woolie always picks the boss characters in fighting game videos" chestnut? Well some people got so lovely about it and other, totally normal and not worth getting mad about things he was doing that woolie basically just started rolling random in every fisticuffs pretty early on and going easy on everyone because people got mad he was dominating a lot of the time in fisticuffs because of course he would, he's a guy who goes to fgc tournies

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The best fisticuffs was FighterZ just for the part when Pat finally beats Woolie

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Woolie dominating would have been the least of FNF/SNS' problems, it could not have been more obvious that they were just running the clock for a lot of those episodes, particularly towards the end.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Count the amount of times Matt sighs when they are playing anything that isn't MK, SF, or KI.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

they really should have just made hundreds of episodes of them playing third strike

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Scrublords was infinitely better than fnf

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Andrast posted:

well of course, they weren't familiar with the majority of scrublords games and so you got some really incredible genuine reactions to utterly stupid poo poo

them going absolutely nuts over that one sailor moon move(I think it was eating a banana that actually restored health, and iirc it could also be canceled into another move or something equally ridiculous?) was a particular highlight

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

watching woolie shitstomp every round isn't good content so im glad he 'went easy' (still won most of the time)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

them going absolutely nuts over that one sailor moon move(I think it was eating a banana that actually restored health, and iirc it could also be canceled into another move or something equally ridiculous?) was a particular highlight

iirc that's the game where you could block throws

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Phantasium posted:

iirc that's the game where you could block throws
You're thinking of Pretty Fighter.
https://youtu.be/rU7SGX_bU-E

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Woolie's new fighting game show is very much every lesson learned from fnf

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
my biggest disapointment with fnf and sns was that they stopped doing story modes for shorter episodes.

I loved seeing story modes for games versus just them taking the same characters over and over

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

SNS gave us Dong Dong so for that I will always be thankful.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

SNS gave us Dong Dong so for that I will always be thankful.

My favorite moment of that episode will be the ad for streets of rage 4 on vita and Matt just screams "Liam why aren't you here?"

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

best of best

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Andrast posted:

The fighting segments should've been Scrublords and Salty Bet.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Woolie's new fighting game show is very much every lesson learned from fnf

Is it just under the WoolieVs banner, or..?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Six sets of eyes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is it just under the WoolieVs banner, or..?

Get into fighting games on woolievs, yes

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Get Into Fighting Games has a dope intro and people that can actually play fighting games in it, then they go online so Woolie can struggle in games he doesn't know, it's good.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also the person whose cutting the full streams into a 40 minute or so video for his channel is really good at it.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Everytime Pat and Woolie talk about Persona I’m immensely grateful we were spared their P5 LP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It turned out to be a mercy that Atlus is a dumb company

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Scrap Dragon posted:

Everytime Pat and Woolie talk about Persona I’m immensely grateful we were spared their P5 LP

If you're not into JoJo's, you should be thankful you didn't watch their LP of Eyes of Heaven.

I was impressed they managed to read so much of the manga without internalizing any of it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I always wonder what peoples problem is with Woolie and Pat talking Persona and Jojo.

Then again I also got the Jojo thread mad at me for reading part 4 "wrong" so maybe I just dont get anime rage

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always wonder what peoples problem is with Woolie and Pat talking Persona and Jojo.

Then again I also got the Jojo thread mad at me for reading part 4 "wrong" so maybe I just dont get anime rage

did you think the guy who saved josuke was timetraveling josuke

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

did you think the guy who saved josuke was timetraveling josuke

yup

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

this amuses me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

this amuses me

how so

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's funny as hell, lmao

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
one of the book barn crew/ex-botl cronies complaining about people "getting mad at me" for talking about your anti-thematic, non-textually supported theory that people bring up in the thread about once a week. it's a natural place to go knowing the series, but imo once you realize it really would make no sense even for jojos people should let it go

But pat talking about jojo's is annoying because he acts like an expert on it based on osmosis of wiki articles and memes, so when he mentioned it to matt he could only nod and wink about things that were maybe kind of similar to a thing that happened

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

one of the book barn crew/ex-botl cronies

If I knew liking botl's posts would stigmatize me for life I would have been quieter about it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Their knowledge of wrestling is worse

Like last podcast talking about Goldust. They said that he got heat from religious groups and that's why they had to change the gimmick. That's not true, they changed the gimmick because Goldust was a homophobic caricature that got protests from GLAAD and other gay rights groups. poo poo, his face turn was Jerry Lawler asking if he was a queer and him saying no

He did a promo saying that he understood how the gays feel because of all the backlash he got from "coming out of the closet" as Goldust

Dustin Rhodes is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, but even I can't defend that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The chat calling Woolie out for trying to do that "I KNEW THE WHOLE TIME THIS THING WOULD WORK" on the marvel stuff is a huge highlight in recent podcast memory though, I gotta say.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

Their knowledge of wrestling is worse

Like last podcast talking about Goldust. They said that he got heat from religious groups and that's why they had to change the gimmick. That's not true, they changed the gimmick because Goldust was a homophobic caricature that got protests from GLAAD and other gay rights groups. poo poo, his face turn was Jerry Lawler asking if he was a queer and him saying no

He did a promo saying that he understood how the gays feel because of all the backlash he got from "coming out of the closet" as Goldust

Dustin Rhodes is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, but even I can't defend that

I guess I just have a different reaction because when I heard that I was like "Yeah, hes getting stuff wrong but he's also just bullshitting about something he thought was cool with his friends"

I mean, I don't take it as "I am a trusted authority so listen to me" as much "Hey Pat, I heard about this thing"

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

To be fair, time-traveling Josuke saving his baby self is an easy inference to make, given all the time nonsense the series gets up to. Pretty sure that's even a secret bonus scene in that 7th Stand User fan game so it's an idea that's floating around the Japanese side of the fandom as well.

In retrospect it's clear the idea is it's a random stranger's act of kindness being a formative experience for Josuke, but the scene has enough ambiguity packed in that it always surprises me when the jojo thread goes all "only an idiot would think that" when the time travel theory gets floated by new readers. Like, even the anime adaptation has the random stranger's dialogue presented in silent film format just because assigning him an actual voice actor would give evidence to and against different interpretations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

To be fair, time-traveling Josuke saving his baby self is an easy inference to make, given all the time nonsense the series gets up to. Pretty sure that's even a secret bonus scene in that 7th Stand User fan game so it's an idea that's floating around the Japanese side of the fandom as well.

In retrospect it's clear the idea is it's a random stranger's act of kindness being a formative experience for Josuke, but the scene has enough ambiguity packed in that it always surprises me when the jojo thread goes all "only an idiot would think that" when the time travel theory gets floated by new readers. Like, even the anime adaptation has the random stranger's dialogue presented in silent film format just because assigning him an actual voice actor would give evidence to and against different interpretations.

For me its mostly that he looks beat up and bloodied which seems a really specific detail to never lead anywhere but I am not gonna re-litigate my case.

Besides my current theory is that its not Josuke from the past but actually Josuke 8

*middle fingers in the air*