Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The FB page just posted a real good clip of Edan telling the most buck wild story on Family Feud of all places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

inthesto posted:

e: Also, I love Tom and Demi on both this show, FTAGH, and bst.png, but for some reason their stand-up just doesn't resonate with me? Does anyone else feel the same way?

I think their stuff works best when bouncing against another hyper personality; so they're fine with Alex, Hing and Ben but their stand-up is them without another person to work with.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

https://twitter.com/GoesByBees/status/1119708611113037824

e: Also, I love Tom and Demi on both this show, FTAGH, and bst.png, but for some reason their stand-up just doesn't resonate with me? Does anyone else feel the same way?

I watched a clip of tom’s stand up and I had to turn it off, yeah. It struck me as very typical 20-something “I’m yelling and I’m random and I’m rude and I’m on a stage so you have to look at me!!!” and I think I’m just too old for that kind of comedy now.

It was only one clip so maybe the rest of his material isn’t like that, but it was the clip he had promoted at the top of his Facebook page so I dunno. But yeah I love them both, individually and as a pair, when they’re playing with others, and the glimpses into their actual personalities that you get makes them seem like perfectly likeable people, it’s just the stand up that doesn’t quite click with me.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://twitter.com/hingers/status/1125666409000816641

Not gonna lie, after all the stories Hing's told about them, Hing's parents look the exact opposite of what I expected.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

inthesto posted:

https://twitter.com/hingers/status/1125666409000816641

Not gonna lie, after all the stories Hing's told about them, Hing's parents look the exact opposite of what I expected.

his dad's hair is incredible and that's exactly what i imagine hing will look like in 40 years

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
That "Like who?" is loving perfect. Holy poo poo.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/JordanRasko/status/1125676010291191809
Saying what we all think.
https://twitter.com/JordanRasko/status/1125676219976994816
Saying what we all know.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Mr and Mrs. Hing go on FTAGH and just loving roast your beautiful idiot son.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I watched a clip of tom’s stand up and I had to turn it off, yeah. It struck me as very typical 20-something “I’m yelling and I’m random and I’m rude and I’m on a stage so you have to look at me!!!” and I think I’m just too old for that kind of comedy now.

It was only one clip so maybe the rest of his material isn’t like that, but it was the clip he had promoted at the top of his Facebook page so I dunno. But yeah I love them both, individually and as a pair, when they’re playing with others, and the glimpses into their actual personalities that you get makes them seem like perfectly likeable people, it’s just the stand up that doesn’t quite click with me.

I was pretty confused to discover one of Tom's comedy sets on youtube was just the Me-Meow song in its entirety. It makes sense as a tween pop star in cyberjapan, but that audience was super confused. Also, did I assume correctly that Tom was supposed to be the fiddle player but just walked out having never said a word?

Anyway, this was probably my favorite opener to a season yet. A timed threat, the hint of a looming Carcosa and Bobby being touched by its madness, Dave's full map of the castle, and the Draggos wasting time going to a wedding and trying over and over to smell that flower. And Dave would never admit it but he was loving Banknote.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

eke out posted:

his dad's hair is incredible and that's exactly what i imagine hing will look like in 40 years

it's positively lynchian

I didn't think that actually seeing his parents would make me want to know more about them than just hearing Hing's stories about them on FTAGH, but it really has

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i really enjoy tom's (and to a lesser extent demi's) stand-up but it's very, uh, 'anti-comedy'

i feel like half the joy of watching tom's comedy is seeing how upset and un-entertained the audience is at his set which seems 100% intentional???

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

i really enjoy tom's (and to a lesser extent demi's) stand-up but it's very, uh, 'anti-comedy'

i feel like half the joy of watching tom's comedy is seeing how upset and un-entertained the audience is at his set which seems 100% intentional???

Lady Casilda: "Tell us a joke."

Philge: *shits everywhere*

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Psychepath posted:

Also, did I assume correctly that Tom was supposed to be the fiddle player but just walked out having never said a word?

I think the guest musician this episode was also named Tom, so he probably walked off stage as a joke.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Well, Hing’s senate campaign is dead in the water, having been declared ineligible due to his SBS employment (and some other rule about an office of profit under the crown that I didn’t immediately understand or research further)

It reminds me of a short story I once read

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I had a dream once but that dream is dead now

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
FTAGH two episodes ago.

Ben: "Didn't a guy just get fired for that?"
Hing: "It should be fine."

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Not Operator posted:

FTAGH two episodes ago.

Ben: "Didn't a guy just get fired for that?"
Hing: "It should be fine."

I mean, he has only himself to blame, but jeopardizing his senate run by keeping his paying job is probably a better move than the flipside of that decision

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Ainsley McTree posted:

I mean, he has only himself to blame, but jeopardizing his senate run by keeping his paying job is probably a better move than the flipside of that decision

What rules is that the person he's talking to in his facebook video is clearly a lawyer who works for the SBS, and you'd think that would be the very first person he'd talk to.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
It looks like we're getting a full on go-anywhere investigation that should turn out really well for all involved.
https://twitter.com/daveharmon/status/1128117874319478784

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

What rules is that the person he's talking to in his facebook video is clearly a lawyer who works for the SBS, and you'd think that would be the very first person he'd talk to.

I guess they just assumed that if something was amiss, FTAGH listeners would write in

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Rody One Half posted:

I had a dream once but that dream is dead now

Hings can only get better.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So the Dragon Friends are in LA for a D&D live event or whatever. The DF-relevant shows are the first part of The Descent, which will stream tomorrow at 6 PM Pacific, and then the DF show which is on Saturday at 2 PM Pacific. Way more details here, if you want to check if your second-favorite D&D podcast is participating.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

So the Dragon Friends are in LA for a D&D live event or whatever. The DF-relevant shows are the first part of The Descent, which will stream tomorrow at 6 PM Pacific, and then the DF show which is on Saturday at 2 PM Pacific. Way more details here, if you want to check if your second-favorite D&D podcast is participating.

Oh, that's cool--I hope they put up the recordings later for people who can't catch it live.

Also, if I'm reading that website correctly, that's quite a cast they've put Alex on, including Levar Burton's daughter, an SNL player, an MMA fighter, and an actor who looks like an MMA fighter:

And apparently DM'd by the lead rules designer for wizards of the coast, so that should be fun for her, she famously knows and loves the rules of D&D

Also, I love Clint Mcelroy's very professional headshot

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 17, 2019

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

in this stream, everyone is playing new characters but Alex is playing Philge lmao

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

eke out posted:

in this stream, everyone is playing new characters but Alex is playing Philge lmao

I enjoy that everyone immediately started scribbling notes except for her and Taran Killam. I hope they become best friends after this

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
There's something magical about Philge going first and then doing nothing except drawing an opportunity attack

Always represent the Dragon Friends spirit :911:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

inthesto posted:

There's something magical about Philge going first and then doing nothing except drawing an opportunity attack

Petting the bird then backing away respectfully is a powerful first move

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

I am really curious to see if she sticks to her "I will do the least helpful thing I can think to do with my turn" guns while amidst people who are actually trying to play the game or if she panics and actually uses a weapon

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alex was definitely trying to papoose an NPC and got completely shot down by the main rules guy of D&D

respect to a real one

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

eke out posted:

Petting the bird then backing away respectfully is a powerful first move

This sounds very good

Ainsley McTree posted:

Alex was definitely trying to papoose an NPC and got completely shot down by the main rules guy of D&D

But this doesn't. I know it's an official WotC event or whatever, but just let her carry an NPC like a sweet baby.

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Didn't seem like a good table for Alex, everyone seemed super serious, the second table seems like it would have been a better fit.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

imnotinsane posted:

Didn't seem like a good table for Alex, everyone seemed super serious, the second table seems like it would have been a better fit.

Yeah I kind of wish she could be in this one instead of Joe

e: they're about an hour in, and they've spent about 20 minutes trying to give dating advice to the first major NPC they've met, and while this must be infuriating for the d&d adventure-loving audience, I really wish philge were here

also it would fulfill my dragon friends/adventure zone crossover fantasies

e2: i watched the whole thing and god that second session was such a clusterfuck that she would have been completely at home in

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 18, 2019

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

quote:

"Hey if we raise $1k on the patreon in one month I'll get a dragon friends tat" - Ben Jenkins, 01/12/16

https://twitter.com/helenchathams/status/1129934020379152384

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Oh boy.
https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1129938070403395584
Watching the artist ask "is he smiling, or?" and then finishing in about 90 seconds, man. Bad times.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 19, 2019

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's good to see that they can make bad decisions even without Hing

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Hey, I have a hard time keeping track of the difference between dumb stories about Ben Jenkins and dumb stories about Tom Walker. Which one was it that went to the expensive French clown college? I could've sworn Ben said something about it on FtaGH, but I'm re-listening through BST.PNG and Tom said something about going to school in France. Was it both of them? Am I crazy?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Tom is the one who has legitimately been to clown college and I believe his most recent comedy shows have been performed via mime. Ben simply cannot be silenced.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Psychepath posted:

Oh boy.
https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1129938070403395584
Watching the artist ask "is he smiling, or?" and then finishing in about 90 seconds, man. Bad times.

I have to say, even with context, I can’t tell what that’s a tattoo of

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Yeah, it's Tom who's the trained clown. I don't remember which episode of FTAGH it was, but he even said he managed to live in France for several years without learning a word of French.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

While clowning very much sounds like the kind of thing Ben would do, I can’t imagine he’d have the dedication to go to school for it, so that couldn’t have been him