Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It could be some big over-all Marvel 80th Anniversary issue with stories from these folks.
It'd square with the assorted titles in the background, but then the font's a little specific for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Beta Ray Bill saves the Marvel Universe

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Two more:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

...well, both of those fill me with a vague sense of foreboding.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

JMS can go either way imo, but Brad Meltzer is a yikes from me

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't have pics but two more:

Mark Waid + John Cassaday

Walt Simonson

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I could not imagine putting Brad Meltzer's name on a comic book in 2019 hoping to inspire confidence in it

radlum
May 13, 2013

X-O posted:

Don't have pics but two more:

Mark Waid + John Cassaday

Walt Simonson

They got my interest with Hill and Ewing....then lost it with JMS and Meltzer...then got it again with Waid and Simonson. So probably next teasers are gonna be Loeb and Slott and then we might good ones again.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I have a feeling this is another relaunch.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’ll buy all of those. The JMS book for McGuiness mostly, and Meltzer can be great if they’re not trying to be edgy.

EDIT: Meltzer writes good dialogue, and i’ll read anything Waid and Cassaday want to do.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I like most of JMS' Marvel work. His only truly awful work was DC, and not great Marvel stuff is at least partially bad because of editorial interference.

I'm more worried about Mcguiness on an important book. Not because of quality, just because I don't want to spend three years reading 6 issues.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Quote is not edit

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

I have a feeling this is another relaunch.

I can't see most of those names launching big deal main ongoings or anything.
One-shot specials or short stories for a "Action/Detective Comics #1000" style anthology.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It seems like they’ll be one shots or minis. Most likely one shots as part of the Marvels 20th anniversary or something.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The things I would do for a new ongoing series by Simonson. :sigh:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lol.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Erik Larsen? Finally someone good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Taboo? The dude from Black Eyed Peas?

Jesus.

radlum
May 13, 2013
At least with him the announcement is a little less white?

What are the odds that John Byrne is gonna be part of this too. I remember CB Cebulski was trying to fix things with him.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This event will just be random names written own in a book, with text that says, "remember this guy? Cool, huh?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

radlum posted:

What are the odds that John Byrne is gonna be part of this too. I remember CB Cebulski was trying to fix things with him.

Are they still planning on publishing his alt-history X-Men thing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

radlum posted:

Oh goody, let's bring in the guy absolutely nobody wants around anymore.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Oh goody, let's bring in the guy absolutely nobody wants around anymore.

What on earth does Byrne bring to the table? Even the people who complain they don't read comics anymore because they aren't as good as when JB was doing them won't come back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

What on earth does Byrne bring to the table? Even the people who complain they don't read comics anymore because they aren't as good as when JB was doing them won't come back.

Other than a lovely attitude I have no idea.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
bummer, wasp is actually acknowledging the janet/tony thing from slotts iron man

also, nadia's family tree is starting to look like the summers family lol

site fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 8, 2019

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man #6. :3:

So good. :3: Such a lovely book.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

bummer, wasp is actually acknowledging the janet/tony thing from slotts iron man

also, nadia's family tree is starting to look like the summers family lol

She's already a Pym, though. So it was to be expected.

Metalshark posted:

Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man #6. :3:

So good. :3: Such a lovely book.
Yeah, I must admit it's a bold move for Taylor to put out his Kid Who Collected Spider-Man story so early in the run, but drat if it wasn't great.

Captain Marvel continues to be great, hoping this is the Kelly Thompson book that sticks around.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Marvel's FCBD comics are up on Comixology now.
Avengers: https://www.comixology.com/Free-Comic-Book-Day-2019-Avengers-Savage-Avengers-1/digital-comic/774284
Spider-Man: https://www.comixology.com/Free-Comic-Book-Day-2019-Spider-Man-Venom-1/digital-comic/774289

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, I must admit it's a bold move for Taylor to put out his Kid Who Collected Spider-Man story so early in the run, but drat if it wasn't great.
This was so drat good

quote:

Captain Marvel continues to be great, hoping this is the Kelly Thompson book that sticks around.

I think she said something about already having the third arc for the book planned out, so that's a good sign.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Willing to give each of these teams a shot except for Erik Larsen and Brad Meltzer

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

site posted:

Can't win em all, I guess.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Unstoppable Wasp is the most charming comic every month. I loved this issue, though I miss Gurihuru on art

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
searching for meaning in this face in yesterday's cap

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

site posted:

Hello mister police. I gave you all the clues.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
gah, that friendly neighborhood spidey :3:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ryan North's getting in on the cryptic hint game
https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1126532281336848386

Kelly Thompson too
https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/status/1126532350949511168

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

That face rates itself a 1.5.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That's clearly a 4.2.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/1126538886002413569

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1126534605710950400

Totally down for North/Harren, Lemire, and Zdarsky.

Unrelated, but this Canadian comic writer Twitter discussion about milk bags was a bright spot for me yesterday (read the whole thread):

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1126206952860729345

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Perfect. This whole thread is amazing.

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1126547192016179200?s=21