Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Played my first real match of BFV tonight, conquest mode. On my new PC I am able to play with everything on high and RTX on high and get a consistent 60fps. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

El Jebus posted:

Two back to back wins, including some weird bugs and a V-1 kill or two...

https://youtu.be/TvKlDO197gc

Good poo poo my guy.

I'm proud of you, dog, and Green Krab.

Even when the world started to melt into minecraft, we held it together to come out victorious!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

How come you can hear me and Jebus, but not Dog and Krab?

And whycome no voices are recorded when I save vid clips on ps4?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

The Bananana posted:

How come you can hear me and Jebus, but not Dog and Krab?

And whycome no voices are recorded when I save vid clips on ps4?

They have to select the option to share their voices in the streaming/video settings. Only you and I are brave enough to let the world hear us for how we truly are.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Hitting an amphibious car carrying a whole squad with the field gun in firestorm will never not be amazing.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I said come in! posted:

Played my first real match of BFV tonight, conquest mode. On my new PC I am able to play with everything on high and RTX on high and get a consistent 60fps. :3:

Not that you aren't welcome here, you totally are, but there is a thread for PC.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

El Jebus posted:

They have to select the option to share their voices in the streaming/video settings. Only you and I are brave enough to let the world hear us for how we truly are.

*ahem*

I am foreverially having heated gaming moments© for the world to hear and remember

but yeah there's an option in your own personal settings that allows OTHERS to record them.

ThomasPaine posted:

Hitting an amphibious car carrying a whole squad with the field gun in firestorm will never not be amazing.

unless you'rea ctively reviving a bitch, why on earth would anyone be close enough to a squad mate to get multikilled like this lmfao

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

unless you'rea ctively reviving a bitch, why on earth would anyone be close enough to a squad mate to get multikilled like this lmfao

I honestly couldn't tell you, but twice now my team has been holed up on that little island with the field gun at the end of the pier, and I've just noticed some squad obliviously pootling along the river in front of it in one of those aquacars. Both times I jumped on it and got a squadwipe multikill in one shot. Can't even imagine how pissed they must have been lol.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Let me check my notes...

Hmm. Yes.

Ah, yes. I see the problem. You weren't in the squad yesterday for that video :colbert:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

El Jebus posted:

Let me check my notes...

Hmm. Yes.

Ah, yes. I see the problem. You weren't in the squad yesterday for that video :colbert:

I know, I know. Wish I could get more gayming done these days. Rest assured when I'm dialed in everyone can bask in the recorded glory of me getting worked up on kill streaks and condescendingly going "biiiiitch" at pubbies

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Julius CSAR posted:

Also here’s a controversial opinion... Medal Of Honor 2010 was awesome.

2010 MoH was criminally underrated. One of my favorite games of last gen, I loved everything about it. The series could really use a reboot/remaster.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I hope to be on again soon for rooty tooty point and shooty

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

AutomaticPrince posted:

2010 MoH was criminally underrated. One of my favorite games of last gen, I loved everything about it. The series could really use a reboot/remaster.

You could get a few kills to earn a kill streak, use that kill streak to earn each subsequent kill streak until you reach the cruise missile. And then kill yourself so your killstreak resets, use the cruise missile, and it will earn you enough killstreak to restart the process. That game was fun but hilariously broken in a lot of ways (especially netcode)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

My game last night:

Bf5 mod for Microsoft flight simulator 98

Our squad, as we loot and take cover within the Soul of a House

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Late-ish Sat night shootmans?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

dog nougat posted:

Late-ish Sat night shootmans?

Sorry dog. I had planned on playing, then the wife changed her plans.

Which meant my plans changed.

I'm about to get on if anyone wants some Sunday funday gaming.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Welp, EA servers dead.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This didn't even cross my mind after owning this game for a couple of months until tonight, but the trailers for this game, which managed to piss off a bunch of chuds heavily featured some woman with a robot arm. I believe she is also the character on the cover. I finished the campaign and she is...not in the game at all? Like, who is this person? I figured she was the star of one of the scenarios but nope. She's obviously not in multiplayer either. What is going on here? Did I miss something?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
They stepped back from the robot arm due to the backlash. Still acknowledging that this is their take on WW2 and not fully faithful to history but admitting maybe that was a little too far from the aesthetic

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

This didn't even cross my mind after owning this game for a couple of months until tonight, but the trailers for this game, which managed to piss off a bunch of chuds heavily featured some woman with a robot arm. I believe she is also the character on the cover. I finished the campaign and she is...not in the game at all? Like, who is this person? I figured she was the star of one of the scenarios but nope. She's obviously not in multiplayer either. What is going on here? Did I miss something?

The two worst groups of gamers on the planet (people who unironically use the term SJW and army cosplayers who demand total realism from their military shooters) united to complain about the game endlessly until dice agreed to make the game generic and dull and instead of something like bad company WW2 we got this

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow they actually changed the game because of that?

I wish it was bizarro WW2 instead of yet another WW2 game. Angry alt right gamers aside, I just rewatched that trailer and their biggest mistake was not doubling down on it being "weird" WW2. The only thing unusual in the trailer is the robot arm so it just looks out of place instead of a natural part of the scenery. They should have done a full on Maschinen Krieger knockoff with BF5. That would have been loving dope.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yea I don’t think the removal of robot arm suddenly made it not gonzo WW2. That would have been a cool route to go but they’d need a lot more to make it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

Yea I don’t think the removal of robot arm suddenly made it not gonzo WW2. That would have been a cool route to go but they’d need a lot more to make it.

It’s not just the arm it’s the tone and direction of all the post-launch cosmetics and weapons too

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Luger Carbine is rad. Thank u Dice

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

veni veni veni posted:

Wow they actually changed the game because of that?

I wish it was bizarro WW2 instead of yet another WW2 game. Angry alt right gamers aside, I just rewatched that trailer and their biggest mistake was not doubling down on it being "weird" WW2. The only thing unusual in the trailer is the robot arm so it just looks out of place instead of a natural part of the scenery. They should have done a full on Maschinen Krieger knockoff with BF5. That would have been loving dope.

Go full Wolfenstein, let the Nazis use power armor that run on a mysterious fuel source mined from the Norwegian mountains. What I'm saying is that Fjell needed mechs.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hopping on for some early afternoon shootymans to grind out the weird sniper pistol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

dog nougat posted:

Hopping on for some early afternoon shootymans to grind out the weird sniper pistol

Pour one out for your homie.

I'm out of town, and away from gaming with the boyz.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

The Bananana posted:

Pour one out for your homie.

I'm out of town, and away from gaming with the boyz.

Inexcusable :catbert:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

WHY THE gently caress DID DICE REMOVE DUOS FIRESTORM?!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

The Bananana posted:

WHY THE gently caress DID DICE REMOVE DUOS FIRESTORM?!

lol again?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The player count must not be too hot or something. I can't think of any other reason to repeatedly remove a basic mode like duos other than trying funnel people into quads to keep it populated.

I hope firestorm doesn't die. it's basically the BR game I have wanted all along.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Firestorm is great but I think could be improved by getting rid of the tiered weapons and maybe have you pick 1 weapon to drop with.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I agree tiered weapons are poo poo. BR already has enough luck involved. You don't need to drag diablo loot into it.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Gonna hop on for some Friday night shootymans

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Sticking Firestorm behind the full price of the game in a franchise that is know for gameplay that is the total opposite of BR always meant it was going to be an also ran that died after a few months.

On top of that all these new game modes make me think they are still hopefully they'll get an esport out of Battlefield which is just LOL stupid. Concentrate on what you're known for guys.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
The LS/26 is my new Best Gun. I slept on it at first because it's stats make it look dog poo poo, but throw a 3x on it and spec it right, right, right, left, and it's like having an automatic Turner.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

sunday at work posted:

Sticking Firestorm behind the full price of the game in a franchise that is know for gameplay that is the total opposite of BR always meant it was going to be an also ran that died after a few months.

On top of that all these new game modes make me think they are still hopefully they'll get an esport out of Battlefield which is just LOL stupid. Concentrate on what you're known for guys.

:yeah: I’m glad people enjoy Firestorm and I’m not saying Dice should never try to evolve BF but they know what they’re good at. If they try to diversify the game and spin too many plates at once it won’t end well. Dice is best when they’re focusing on conquest + a few related modes.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 11, 2019

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
RiP my Battlefielding last night. drat power outage cut everything short, right after stealing an enemy Panzer IV on Twisted Steel. Had some god-awful rounds up until that point. Gonna try and give it another go this evening.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

dog nougat posted:

RiP my Battlefielding last night. drat power outage cut everything short, right after stealing an enemy Panzer IV on Twisted Steel. Had some god-awful rounds up until that point. Gonna try and give it another go this evening.

was wondering where you got to because I hopped on like less than a hour after you posted and every other character was asking "Where's dog nougat?"

i'll probably be around tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've started playing BFV again after taking a few months off and my main question is where the gently caress are any new maps? The game has been out for 6 months and in that time they've added 1 loving map. I almost wish that they still had DLCs ala BF1 because at least They Shall Not Pass came out in March of 2017 and added a total of 6 new maps but all we have so far is Panzerstorm.