Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I respect 7 for having such a loyal following but it's one of those things that I don't think could ever live up to the hype for me in the year of tyool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
7 rules

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its good .. if you like final fantasy youll surely like 7. its better than 1 2 3 10 and 12 at the very least. a lot of ppl dont like 4 either but i do

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think I have it on ps3 lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

7 is a great game... really the only FF games that I’ve played I think are actually bad are 2 and the DS remake of 3

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If I'm being honest with myself my general aversion to 7 is the fact the character models look like Duplo men and as a kid I always thought Duplo was for retards. Lego or nothing

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

its good .. if you like final fantasy youll surely like 7. its better than 1 2 3 10 and 12 at the very least. a lot of ppl dont like 4 either but i do

I agree with this, but I cant speak for 12 since I haven’t played it. I’m surprised to hear that people don’t like 4 though, that’s one of my favorites

The 7 remake looks cool. I’m gonna wait until all of the episodes come out to play it if they’re really gonna release it that way though

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It's charming game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If I'm being honest with myself my general aversion to 7 is the fact the character models look like Duplo men and as a kid I always thought Duplo was for retards. Lego or nothing

Lol. The Duplo Kid in the neighborhood

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

VWVWV posted:

I agree with this, but I cant speak for 12 since I haven’t played it. I’m surprised to hear that people don’t like 4 though, that’s one of my favorites

The 7 remake looks cool. I’m gonna wait until all of the episodes come out to play it if they’re really gonna release it that way though

4s cool. ppl dont like it cos its pretty basic and short on memorable stuff. but it has some of the best music and looked real good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yea .. no getting around that. unless you go full computer tard and put a bunch of gay mods on it. which you shouldnt, since thats the first stage of steam AIDS

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I respect 7 for having such a loyal following but it's one of those things that I don't think could ever live up to the hype for me in the year of tyool.
I've never finished it, but every time I go back to it I'm impressed by its art direction and creativity. Easiest game in the series, and I'm including the 12 remake.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol yeah. The graphics are total poo poo. They would’ve been better off sticking to spritework. Like it hasnt even aged well in a nostalgic way

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it doesn't help that they lost all the original art files for 7-9 so the once badass prerendered backgrounds now look like blurry soup on modern displays since they're like 360x240

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Lol yeah. The graphics are total poo poo. They would’ve been better off sticking to spritework. Like it hasnt even aged well in a nostalgic way
I love the pre-rendered backgrounds of the PS1 FFs, but the models are def a mess.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Why didn't they wait a month to make this their first ever one instead of days gone

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

it doesn't help that they lost all the original art files for 7-9 so the once badass prerendered backgrounds now look like blurry soup on modern displays since they're like 360x240

Didn't they allegedly lose 8 in its entirety and that's why its the only one not getting remastered?

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Didn't they allegedly lose 8 in its entirety and that's why its the only one not getting remastered?

I saw a youtuber speculating about that but the hd steam version says it released in 2013 and it's kind of hard to believe they would have lost something critical since doing that port.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i guess they're still making it episodic which sucks but whatever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The main reason ff7 renake will be bad is becuase its lead development is done by Europeans.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

4s cool. ppl dont like it cos its pretty basic and short on memorable stuff. but it has some of the best music and looked real good

It has some of the best boss fights in the series in my opinion. I like the amount of tactics involved in them. The person who decided to skip 2 and 3 and go straight to four when importing the series to America was a genius

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

It has some of the best boss fights in the series in my opinion. I like the amount of tactics involved in them. The person who decided to skip 2 and 3 and go straight to four when importing the series to America was a genius

Really the only knock on 4 is you don't really get any character customization options.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Frenz posted:

I saw a youtuber speculating about that but the hd steam version says it released in 2013 and it's kind of hard to believe they would have lost something critical since doing that port.

I thought that was just a port of the original ff8 for pc and not a real remaster which is why it's missing all the fun cheats of the rest of the games

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Len posted:

I thought that was just a port of the original ff8 for pc and not a real remaster which is why it's missing all the fun cheats of the rest of the games

I don't own it but the steam page says it has fast forward and the rest

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I had no idea FF7 was such a huge deal until the internet came along. I thought it was an ok jrpg with terribly sampled muzak, and frankly I had more fun in FF8 and its wonky junctions

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Well it was voted the best game of all time by gamefaqs for like 18 years straight until undertale came along. Just goes to show u how great both games are

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ka0 posted:

I had no idea FF7 was such a huge deal until the internet came along. I thought it was an ok jrpg with terribly sampled muzak, and frankly I had more fun in FF8 and its wonky junctions

it and 6 were considered like the holy grail or jrpgs for like the first 5 or 6 years i spent on this website .. thoiugh 6 is surely a classic. 7 is good though and probly freaking blew ppls minds when it was released.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
7 rules forever

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
9 was the first one i played so thats my favourite. it would be my favourite anyways proabably .. 6 comes 2nd, then some of the modern ones like 10-2 and lr. in whatever order depeneding on what day i write my tier list on

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Almost every Final Fantasy is really really good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1133528944274157568?s=20

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

gently caress you kojima

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
suikoden 2 is my FF7 to be honest

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mysterious loyall X posted:

gently caress you kojima
https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1133631852567179264?s=19

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Kojimas a loving *slams controller* cocksucker!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1133705177557557248
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1133706035951284224

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

Kojimas a loving *slams controller* cocksucker!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I did not fail the mission

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piIgkJWDuQg

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1133765964955209730

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Astounding, normand Reebus takes a ladder from his rear end and uses it to clumb over a rock.