Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Holy poo poo that episode. Someone needs to add all the cameos to the McMahon .gif, that's an accurate portrayal of me watching this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Astroman posted:

Also I think we may not have seen the last of The Barren, with that little eye light up on his corpse when they poured blood down his mouth.

The Baron is definitely going to pull a Lestat later on.

LividLiquid posted:

So everybody on the council, including the ones just mentioned in passing, played Vampires in other poo poo, right?

Paul Ruebens was in Buffy. Kiefer was in The Lost Boys. Danny Trejo was in From Dusk til Dawn. Tom and Brad are Cruise and Pitt from Interview. Snipes was Blade. Who else am I missing?

Rob is Robert Pattinson, from Twilight, who would probably prefer you didn't remember those movies.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/HamillHi...802902058717184

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Which absolutely means Hamill shows up in an episode next season.

My body is ready.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hammill should be the Baron of the Energy Vampires

telling old hollywood stories about B movie starlets nobody outside the industry has ever heard of

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Jesus gently caress can you imagine what happens when Hamill collaborates with Waititi.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I was really loving weary of this because the trailers rubbed me the wrong way and i didn't feel like the movie could be matched.

But like, i tried this and fell in love recentlym this is the hardest I've laughed at a tv show in a long, long time.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Jerkface posted:

nadjias amazement at schaal teleporting around was good. Berry boy may be able to make anything he says funny but nadjias really become my favorite of the 4 housepires.

I love how she jams every word she says full of vowels: "Oh neauo Laezeau!"

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

basic hitler posted:

I was really loving weary of this because the trailers rubbed me the wrong way and i didn't feel like the movie could be matched.

But like, i tried this and fell in love recentlym this is the hardest I've laughed at a tv show in a long, long time.

Aren't you happy you gave it a chance finally?!

Agreed. Most funny shows merit a closed-mouth 'hm-hm!' kinda chuckle out of me at most. But this show gets me to guffaw like a moron at least once an episode.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This Mark Hamill fellow seems to have pretty good taste in media.

Has he ever played a vampire in anything?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Vampire baby is such dark humor. So great.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

He played an angry moron last time he was on screen.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I love the implication that these are the actors' real selves and therefore in all of the vampire movies/TV shows they've been in, they've just been playing themselves. Except for the original WWDitS cast.

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yup.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

when tilda was introduced i thought it would be an extended joke on how some actors appear to never age, but it got even better . how does a show this good exist

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

sticklefifer posted:

I love the implication that these are the actors' real selves and therefore in all of the vampire movies/TV shows they've been in, they've just been playing themselves. Except for the original WWDitS cast.

This is how I took it as well, and looking at posts online, I’m shocked at how many people don’t seem to get that.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Danny Trejo's delivery on Dark Greetings, everyone! loving killed me.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

latest ep was so good I had to double check that it wasn't the season finale

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
I am so loving glad we got to see Deacon doing another erotic dance.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

Fellatio del Toro posted:

latest ep was so good I had to double check that it wasn't the season finale

I did the same! Coupled with the renewal notice I totally accepted that it was over for now and was pleasantly surprised!

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
TV is so weird now. Saw an article that said the show was 1st or 2nd in DVR added viewers, up 300% in 18-49.

From a .1 to a .4 rating. 100k people in the important demo watched live and they picked up another 300k timeshifted.

At this point, the one decimal point precision system which worked great when a regular show had like 8.3 million viewers or something, is nearly reaching its limits.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Waltzing Along posted:

He played an angry moron last time he was on screen.

They made a movie about your life?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

beefart posted:

I am so loving glad we got to see Deacon doing another erotic dance.

I'm just glad the Staten Island guys didn't face the worst punishment imaginable for killing the Baron: The Procession of Shame.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jerkface posted:

nadjias amazement at schaal teleporting around was good.

What does she say when she mouths at the camera?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Madurai posted:

I think everyone had at least some costuming touches from their vampire characters--Evan Rachel Wood definitely had her Queen Sophie hair.

Wesley Snipes apparently couldn't care less.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

What does she say when she mouths at the camera?

How does she do that?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

sticklefifer posted:

It's a bit of a WWGitS tradition, the cops in the film and the spinoff series Wellington Paranormal used their own names. Jackie the familiar was played by Jackie van Beek. Stu the IT guy who becomes a werewolf was played by an IT guy named Stu who wasn't really an actor and thought he was going to be doing IT support on the film with a small walk-on role.

Alhazred posted:

Wesley Snipes apparently couldn't care less.

It's Snipes, they're lucky they got him to appear in front of a camera (even if it was in his own loungeroom) and deliver lines. :v:

Don't forget, he refused to even open his eyes in one shot in Blade Trinity and they had to CGI the effect in post:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 11:13 on May 11, 2019

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

Aren't you happy you gave it a chance finally?!

Agreed. Most funny shows merit a closed-mouth 'hm-hm!' kinda chuckle out of me at most. But this show gets me to guffaw like a moron at least once an episode.

Collin feeding on the scene caused by Nandor's hypnotized councilmember had me laughing for a full day after i'd seen it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

basic hitler posted:

Collin feeding on the scene caused by Nandor's hypnotized councilmember had me laughing for a full day after i'd seen it

He's having the time of his life :v:

https://i.imgur.com/v6ImVVs.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hell of a cast on this show

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hell of a cast on this show

I dont think I've seen any of the main cast in anything else and I'm happy to know there is plenty more stuff for me to watch. Matt Berry strikes me as a dude who could make me laugh reading a phone book

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Eat This Glob posted:

I dont think I've seen any of the main cast in anything else and I'm happy to know there is plenty more stuff for me to watch. Matt Berry strikes me as a dude who could make me laugh reading a phone book

His best prior work is probably in The IT Crowd.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

His best prior work is probably in The IT Crowd.

if Toast of London didn't exist. Let him finish people!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kayvan Novak who plays Nandor was in Four Lions which is a great film, definitely worth checking out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Matt Berry was also on the absolutely hilarious sketch comedy show Snuff Box.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

How about just saying "Yes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bYY8m1Lb2I

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

if Toast of London didn't exist. Let him finish people!

I can hear you Clem Fandango!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Jerusalem posted:

Kayvan Novak who plays Nandor was in Four Lions which is a great film, definitely worth checking out.

Four Lions has been in my Netflix queue since I signed up years ago. I really should get around to watching that.

For the other recommendations, any of that streaming? I want to say I've seen the it crowd show up in some of my suggested stuff, though I cant say I've heard of the toast of London, but that clip was awesome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Toast of London is all on Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Eat This Glob posted:

Four Lions has been in my Netflix queue since I signed up years ago. I really should get around to watching that.

Just be aware that it was directed/co-written by Chris Morris (The Day Today, Jam, Brass Eye) so it's funny as hell but daaaaaaaaaaaark as gently caress.