Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ishin posted:

I thought the bucks were part owners of PWG?

They are probably not anymore if they were. I don't think Dragon is too happy with them doing Bar Wrestling and signing Rick Knox and Excalibur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder who's doing commentary for PWG now then. Also, did Joey Ryan have a falling out with Dragon which is why he started Bar Wrestling?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder who's doing commentary for PWG now then. Also, did Joey Ryan have a falling out with Dragon which is why he started Bar Wrestling?

Yeah to the last one. I think Excalibur is still doing commentary, but who knows once AEW actually starts.

Tony Deppen debuted
ORANGE CASSIDY TOO

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 11, 2019

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
So the Warfare match is the main so maybe MOX will show up?!?!

It's Janela vs Darby

Ishin fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 11, 2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the guerrilla warfare match is just Joey Janela vs Darby Allin. what silly thing to hype up on twitter.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

all they did was announce a stip match

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

So no Moxley at the PWG show?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

all they did was announce a stip match

normally they dont even do that for mystery vortex

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Is filthy Tom lawer super bad? He just had a terrible match with randy Meyers which I’ve never seen anyone do

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That seriously may have been the worst match I've seen at DEFY and that's amazing because I usually like Tom there, I love Rand,y and that was the match I was most looking forward to. But it was a huge heap of nothing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

born on a buy you posted:

Is filthy Tom lawer super bad? He just had a terrible match with randy Meyers which I’ve never seen anyone do

he has fundamentals and not much else

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

TTBF posted:

That seriously may have been the worst match I've seen at DEFY and that's amazing because I usually like Tom there, I love Rand,y and that was the match I was most looking forward to. But it was a huge heap of nothing.

Last night was eh in general. Feels like the card should have been swapped. After the Lucha Bros match the only real highlight was the Golden Boy match. The main event sounded cool but I couldn’t see 99% of what was happening from GA.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lawlor is pretty rough. His MLW stuff especially highlights how far he has to go. A lot of his matches range from just being incredibly boring to being actively bad. I don't think he has the overall sense of timing down for wrestling, or something... I don't know. Something just isn't clicking yet.

Edit: And I know, everyone is more boring in MLW but still.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

So no Moxley at the PWG show?

Rumor is that his first bookings are in June.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Lawlor can have fun matches but he absolutely needs to be carried. If he doesn’t have someone else setting the pace and pushing the stiffness a little bit he can be listless and loose.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

born on a buy you posted:

Last night was eh in general. Feels like the card should have been swapped. After the Lucha Bros match the only real highlight was the Golden Boy match. The main event sounded cool but I couldn’t see 99% of what was happening from GA.

Absolutely agree on the card being swapped - the first two post intermission matches should have been pre. Agree on Rosas vs Williams as well. They were absolutely trying for a five star match and it was interesting to see why they werent there yet and what was missing. Still an excellent match though. The local lucha league has a training school. That has had excellent results. In addition to Rosas it also produced CMLL luchadora Avispa Dorado. It's a shame you didn't see that main event because it was match of the night from the balcony. Balcony seats are the best seats at Washington Hall and I highly recommend them.

I'm excited to see Janela and the chairman of WCW in July. That should be a great tournament.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1127382885613412357

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

TTBF posted:

Absolutely agree on the card being swapped - the first two post intermission matches should have been pre. Agree on Rosas vs Williams as well. They were absolutely trying for a five star match and it was interesting to see why they werent there yet and what was missing. Still an excellent match though. The local lucha league has a training school. That has had excellent results. In addition to Rosas it also produced CMLL luchadora Avispa Dorado. It's a shame you didn't see that main event because it was match of the night from the balcony. Balcony seats are the best seats at Washington Hall and I highly recommend them.

I'm excited to see Janela and the chairman of WCW in July. That should be a great tournament.

I avoid the upstairs because I always hit my head on the overhang

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lawlor's pro wrestling work is a lot like his MMA work -- good promo, lots of charisma, gets you excited for his next bout, then the bell rings and there just isn't any "there" there. He can be carried to fun matches, but is not someone you should build your promotion around, and MLW made a big mistake booking him on top.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jake Something finally won a belt and I missed it dammit.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
larry legend apparently announced the t-shirt design i made for him at the czw show tonight, ill have to check it out before my highspots subscription ends lol

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
How long until the inevitable inamicable split?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dude was so awful he got kicked off the island of misfit toys that TNA has become.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

How long until the inevitable inamicable split?

This isn't even his first shot with them

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cornette called him a professional malcontent and time seems to have proven him right on that one.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WrestleCircus about to start https://www.twitch.tv/WrestleCircus

Joey Janela vs. Sammy Guevara
Dezmond Xavier vs. Scorpio Sky
JT Dunn vs. Sami Callihan
Puma King vs. Jake Atlas
Orange Cassidy vs. Gentleman Jervis
The Rascalz vs. The Dirty Devils vs. Riegel Twins
Shazza McKenzie vs. Alex Gracia vs. Christi Jaynes vs. Leva Bates
Peter Avalon vs. Colin Delaney vs. Lance Hoyt

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there's apparently talent issues with aaw which explains why some central texas mainstays arent on the card.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

WrestleCircus about to start https://www.twitch.tv/WrestleCircus

Joey Janela vs. Sammy Guevara
Dezmond Xavier vs. Scorpio Sky
JT Dunn vs. Sami Callihan
Puma King vs. Jake Atlas
Orange Cassidy vs. Gentleman Jervis
The Rascalz vs. The Dirty Devils vs. Riegel Twins
Shazza McKenzie vs. Alex Gracia vs. Christi Jaynes vs. Leva Bates
Peter Avalon vs. Colin Delaney vs. Lance Hoyt

lol the main event

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

In looking at the card, I'd think Janela vs Guevara would be the main event( and that doesn't seem so bad) but apart from that, I don't know what the main event could be.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

guevara vs janela and xavier vs sky were tourney matches with the winners facing off to crown a new wrestlecircus champ. dez and sammy won, and sammy beat dez in the final.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
God sometimes watching indie wrestling can be a confusing mess of subscriptions. How the heck do I watch Jungle Boy vs. David Arquette?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wazzu posted:

God sometimes watching indie wrestling can be a confusing mess of subscriptions. How the heck do I watch Jungle Boy vs. David Arquette?

I think Bar Wrestling is on the Highspots Network.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TV Zombie posted:

In looking at the card, I'd think Janela vs Guevara would be the main event( and that doesn't seem so bad) but apart from that, I don't know what the main event could be.

that was my live reaction to the finish

Guevara pinned Desmond Xavier out of nowhere with no build up on something that looked like any amateur wrestler could have kicked out of it to win their vacant championship

it was a good match to that point, but the finish sucked

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

I think Bar Wrestling is on the Highspots Network.

yea, all of their shows go up on there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

between Highspots and Indie Wrestling TV you should have the bulk of the indies covered. I don't think GCW is on any streaming service other than Fite tho.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

between Highspots and Indie Wrestling TV you should have the bulk of the indies covered. I don't think GCW is on any streaming service other than Fite tho.

yea you can only buy individually through Fite or SmartMark as far as I know

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's a bummer WrestleCircus is going to run on Sundays from now on, because I'll probably not go to a show at this rate. Their shows usually run way too long and unpredictably so, and I really don't want to be out at a show until 11 on a Sunday. I get them running Sundays because it's cheaper in that venue, but... maybe find a cheaper venue, or run shows earlier. Or, wild idea, don't book every show to be 8-10 matches.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ganso Bomb posted:

It's a bummer WrestleCircus is going to run on Sundays from now on, because I'll probably not go to a show at this rate. Their shows usually run way too long and unpredictably so, and I really don't want to be out at a show until 11 on a Sunday. I get them running Sundays because it's cheaper in that venue, but... maybe find a cheaper venue, or run shows earlier. Or, wild idea, don't book every show to be 8-10 matches.

They swore they were done running long shows after the 5 hour one I went to, sounds like they're back on their bullshit

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They swore they were done running long shows after the 5 hour one I went to, sounds like they're back on their bullshit

I think it wound up being 4/4.5 judging by Twitch (I think... I feel like it started at 7 and was still on around 11? Maybe it was 10, though.), and I really don't have the patience for more than 3 hour indie wrestling show at this point.

Edit: Looks like it has a runtime of 3:48 on their Twitch page.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm never watching another episode of MLW until they take that loving air horn away from that rear end in a top hat who honks it the entire loving show.

Jesus Christ, have some quality control.