Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Agents of Shield S6 - Enhanced Interrogation Gemma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mymla posted:

Agents of Shield S6 - Enhanced Interrogation Gemma

Mods?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I could of sworn i'd already made a post about Special Activities Division or SAD Gemma, but maybe it was reddit.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

twistedmentat posted:

I am super invested in Space SHIELD, but the earth stuff is, eh?

Same here. The space stuff seems interesting and consequential. So far, the time spent on Earth felt like a show we've probably already seen.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm going back and rewatching the Agents of Hydra stuff. That was, IMO, Agents of Shield at its absolute best. It's all really good but I think that was the peak right there.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Slashrat posted:

It's not super complicated. Here, have a super high-quality chart of how it works out:

Thanks. I guess it wasn't the time shenanigans that were confusing. It was just me forgetting what the hell exactly happened last season. I think for most shows, I should probably spend time brushing up on the last season before the new season starts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hi thread, getting caught up on the first episode. Chloe Bennett is loving beautiful. Carry on.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

LividLiquid posted:

Honestly, just saying "gently caress it, we'll lag a year behind so we can react to the movies Disney stupidly won't let us know gently caress-all about" is probably the best way to handle it, so I hope it's what they do, and then Season 7 can be the final season and deal with the Snappening however much or little they want.

Or last year's time fuckery and this year's subsequent alternate reality poo poo sets the canon AoS now solidly outside of the MCU, which is fine too.

Yeah, you could just never address it ever, but that'd be kinda' weird. At least give me a loose fig leaf of "don't worry about it" in the actual text I can grasp on to.

It sure seemed like Infinity War was right about to go down at the end of the last season, which is kind of a shame now since it boxes them out of working smoothly into the main MCU timeline. I'd be insanely interested in seeing the show tackle trying to help hold the world together when half the population is snapped away and everything is falling apart. Have one member of the cast draw the short straw and be dusted away (Fitz or Simmons for maximum tragedy), then you spread the season out with the craziest poo poo that goes down while they're acting as secret agents on Earth between IW and the end of Endgame. If Disney/ABC open up the piggybank then you can do one or two really cool episodes with characters like Scarlet Witch or Hawkeye making guest appearances, or if they want to keep it more reasonable have Okoye and/or Shuri show up doing a mission outside of Wakanda, so you don't have to do crazy CGI "show Wakanda" stuff.

Like, the worldbuilding opportunities there are even better than the big Winter Soldier Hydra twist, and if they don't have one of the T.V. shows (one of the new series they're working on if not AoS) dive into what that whole half population dynamic was like then it's a real wasted opportunity.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CornHolio posted:

I'm going back and rewatching the Agents of Hydra stuff. That was, IMO, Agents of Shield at its absolute best. It's all really good but I think that was the peak right there.

I recently rewatched the entire series and going in I was sure that Ghost Rider would still be the best pod. LMD and the Framework both topped it on a second watch. Aida's whole arc was really some excellent writing.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

NowonSA posted:

It sure seemed like Infinity War was right about to go down at the end of the last season, which is kind of a shame now since it boxes them out of working smoothly into the main MCU timeline. I'd be insanely interested in seeing the show tackle trying to help hold the world together when half the population is snapped away and everything is falling apart. Have one member of the cast draw the short straw and be dusted away (Fitz or Simmons for maximum tragedy), then you spread the season out with the craziest poo poo that goes down while they're acting as secret agents on Earth between IW and the end of Endgame. If Disney/ABC open up the piggybank then you can do one or two really cool episodes with characters like Scarlet Witch or Hawkeye making guest appearances, or if they want to keep it more reasonable have Okoye and/or Shuri show up doing a mission outside of Wakanda, so you don't have to do crazy CGI "show Wakanda" stuff.

Like, the worldbuilding opportunities there are even better than the big Winter Soldier Hydra twist, and if they don't have one of the T.V. shows (one of the new series they're working on if not AoS) dive into what that whole half population dynamic was like then it's a real wasted opportunity.

Fitz and Simmons finally meet up again. As they embrace, Simmons gets dusted.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Pyroi posted:

Fitz and Simmons finally meet up again. As they embrace, Simmons gets dusted.

It turns out Fitz's middle name was Job all along!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
With the multiverse reveal, they can have their cake and eat it too.

Edit Vision and Loki are getting TV shows. Black Widow is getting a movie.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Aleph Null posted:

With the multiverse reveal, they can have their cake and eat it too.

Edit Vision and Loki are getting TV shows. Black Widow is getting a movie.

I'm 100% positive that the Black Widow movie is a prequel/origin story.

Though yeah, the Loki and Vision stuff will almost certainly deal with the divergent timelines.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I actually think a Black Widow series of her putting out fires and such during the 5 year skip would be cool to see.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

Slashrat posted:

It's not super complicated. Here, have a super high-quality chart of how it works out:

I haven’t re-watched the show, so some of this might be a bit off, but I think the complication comes from trying to create a linear path from start to finish.

The 12 Monkeys loop path that Fitz is convinced about is fairly straight forward. The team is abducted into the future, Fitz takes the long way, they all return, Fitz makes the time machine, the future triggers the abduction and returns the team. The loop is broken because it just is.

It’s when you start with an origin timeline that you go cross-eyed.

The earth is destroyed, and there’s no time abduction yet. Fitz makes the time machine, the future triggers the abduction and return, triggering timeline 2. Timeline 2 has a time abduction, Fitz takes the long way there, and here’s where it breaks down. The returning team doesn’t contain Fitz, because he never took the long way to the future in the original timeline. This also means there’s no-one to make the time machine and abduct the team in timeline 2, so Fitz won’t meet anyone in the future.

We can assume that someone else makes the time machine in timeline 2, based on Gemma having seen the time machine built by Fitz 1, which allows the timeline to continue. Fitz meets up with the team, now abducted from timeline 3, and returns with them to that timeline. Timeline 3 now has Fitz to make the time machine, and more importantly, Deke. Timeline 3 takes the team from timeline 4 and returns them there with Deke, who is the secret ingredient for saving the world as we know it.

After all, we know that comic book characters can overcome impossible odds when also overcoming great internal struggle. That’s how they win fights. Sure, Daisy has had to deal with both of her parents being monsters, her boyfriend is dead, her adoptive father figure is dying, and is destined to be the destroyer of Earth, but it’s only in timeline 4 that she has to deal with the fact that life, literally, gave her lemons.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Doronin posted:

Same here. The space stuff seems interesting and consequential. So far, the time spent on Earth felt like a show we've probably already seen.

And I am REALLY not into relationship drama with Yo Yo and random agent.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

And I am REALLY not into relationship drama with Yo Yo and random agent.

Don't worry. He'll be fridged.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Did random agent even survive the museum bombing?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Did random agent even survive the museum bombing?

If he had, we would have had a very obvious reaction shot of YoYo.

Don't worry, he'll be gone soon.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Proteus Jones posted:

If he had, we would have had a very obvious reaction shot of YoYo.

Don't worry, he'll be gone soon.

He's too good of a character to fridge right away.

Remember when they got Lucy Lawless for 6.5 mins, this is nothing like that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Noooo don’t kill my man from Haven.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I kind of like the new guy. Mack + Yo-Yo will probably end up together again anyway but he seems like he could be a good character.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I recently rewatched the entire series and going in I was sure that Ghost Rider would still be the best pod. LMD and the Framework both topped it on a second watch. Aida's whole arc was really some excellent writing.

I think everybody's arc had excellent writing. I forgot just how brutal Fitz and Mack had it, for completely different reasons, in the framework. I wonder if we're going to have to watch OG Fitz deal with who he was in the Framework all over again.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I was thinking the other day about how the team was going to drop the "Oh yeah, we know you're a monster" to Fitz-cicle.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Proteus Jones posted:

I was thinking the other day about how the team was going to drop the "Oh yeah, we know you're a monster" to Fitz-cicle.

Keep in mind that Fitz had a whole lot other poo poo happen to him to turn him into The Doctor, this Fitz may never make that decision.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

swickles posted:

Keep in mind that Fitz had a whole lot other poo poo happen to him to turn him into The Doctor, this Fitz may never make that decision.

14’s run is gonna be off the chain

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Good stuff, glad the show is back! However, it looks like Fitz...

...has eyes for someone else!!!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

swickles posted:

Yeah, I was hoping this Fitz would have a little easier time of it, and get help before he went super dark, but then the last few seconds of the episode happened, and now I'm hoping the FitzSimmons that they and we all deserve, the full-on supervillain power couple happens.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

OB_Juan posted:

Yeah, I was hoping this Fitz would have a little easier time of it, and get help before he went super dark, but then the last few seconds of the episode happened, and now I'm hoping the FitzSimmons that they and we all deserve, the full-on supervillain power couple happens.

Put in isolated cells in different facilities bc even the most incidental form of communication ends with a breakout for both mere hours later

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

howe_sam posted:

Cloak and Dagger is as heady as Legion, but isn't as obnoxious about it.

No poo poo? Do I need to get on this?! I assumed, for some reason, it was some B (C?) rate Superhero show.
gently caress it, I'm in!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Proteus Jones posted:

Feh. She's not even breathing hard.

I mean, she did quake a little bit...

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Feenix posted:

No poo poo? Do I need to get on this?! I assumed, for some reason, it was some B (C?) rate Superhero show.
gently caress it, I'm in!

Dumb kids with super powers acting dumb while surrounded by heady existential lore and cleverly overlapping themes.

Edit: I like the show a whole bunch.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I fell off about halfway through Cloak & Dagger season 1 but maybe I should revisit.

Did Runaways get better once they actually ran away?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I fell off about halfway through Cloak & Dagger season 1 but maybe I should revisit.

I’m only a bit thought the second season, but yes, the show did get better one they ran away.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Runaway was inhumans level bad

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pillowpants posted:

No it wasn't, not even loving close.
Season 2 was kinda good.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I just rewatched the one where Quake gets her powers in the Framework and quakes Madame Hydra out of the window. Schoolteacher Coulson leads the group after Mace dies and goes on TV to expose Hydra for what they are and ends it with "I am Phil Coulson and I am an Agent of Shield.'

It's so goddamn good. I hate that so many people I know won't watch it because the first season was slow and they gave up on it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Cloak and Dagger is as heady as Legion, but isn't as obnoxious about it.

Plus neither protagonist suddenly commits rape out of nowhere so it’s got that going on.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pillowpants posted:

Nothing is Inhumans level bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Chokes McGee posted:

Nothing is Inhumans level bad

I'd say Iron Fist S1 was about equally bad