Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

if the founding fathers were brought to the present they would be disgusted by what they saw in the government today, staging another revolution to remove Trump and bring America back its roots by disenfranchising minorities, women, and poor people before bringing back slavery and ramping up indentured servitude for non-blacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Wheeee posted:

if the founding fathers were brought to the present they would be disgusted by what they saw in the government today, staging another revolution to remove Trump and bring America back its roots by disenfranchising minorities, women, and poor people before bringing back slavery and ramping up indentured servitude for non-blacks

"for far too long" says the distinguished gentleman of vermont, and framer of the declaration of independence, thomas jefferson, "have italians been considered white"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tina toon timg'd for huge

AGC
(I said this in bad thread, but locknose guy is 100% a goon)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i mean, we all know dry bones has been awful for decades but

what even is this

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

boxing gloves are meant to protect your fist from impacts, so a comically oversized boxing glove would do even less damage because of all the padding. AGC

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Can't decide who's the more untalented cartoonist, Dry Bones or Tina Toon, yeesh.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tina Toon is cribbing from Garrison so at least she's copying from an artist with talent.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

i mean, we all know dry bones has been awful for decades but

what even is this

I think he's trying to draw a human shield that is also a chess pawn but it's hard to tell because everything else he does is simplistic enough that it could just be an especially-low-effort person

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

More britoons

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Brexit party and the European elections – Senior Tory and Labour politicians have issued frantic calls to their voters to back them in next week’s European elections after a new poll showed support for Nigel Farage’s Brexit party had soared"

Telegraph:

Killing Eve takes top prizes in Bafta TV awards 2019

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

good news everyone muir stopped drawing breasts

oddly enough i can actually believe that democratic leadership calls trump orangemanbad behind closed doors

this one is a reference to the time machine by hg wells look at that dumb millenial not knowing about eloi i mean she probably knows about morlocks because thats the reference people have actually heard of but whatever

i dont have any idea what this one is talking about though sorry

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Goddamn Dry Bones guy has the easiest job in human history

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

i dont have any idea what this one is talking about though sorry

Are president alone in a capital full of CIVILIAN pussies understands that no cost is too great to deliver BBQ beans to our boys in the field. OO-RAH

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The biggest impediment to me actually reading that Sunday-length DBD is the fact that all of the dialogue is "I'm a Democrat and I'm ugly and I have a big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt"

Muir learned what satire is from a five-year-old

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Got some good ones today

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I like this, some good content in there, but those are some weak caricatures for Bors (specifically AOC, Bernie, and Tulsi)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

tom tomorrow has always leaned hard on strawmen but this is childish to a point thats just sad

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

I like this, some good content in there, but those are some weak caricatures for Bors (specifically AOC, Bernie, and Tulsi)

Yeah that AOC is horrifying

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Corbyn and a second Brexit referendum – Keir Starmer says that about 150 Labour MPs favour a confirmatory vote"

Telegraph:

Doris Day obituary

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the sharks circling Theresa May

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

is nigel farage known for smoking or something

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
has anyone ever pointed out that half the time uk political cartoons are just two hideous goblins on a boat for some reason?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Al! posted:

is nigel farage known for smoking or something

its rather amazing how consistent his cartoon depictions are

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

babypolis posted:

over decades even

too bad he crashed the apple car

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

In case any of you are unaware, Matt earns over £600,000 a year for his incisive, witty, beautiful, absolutely not lowest effort possible shite.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

babypolis posted:

seriously, drat near every cartoon gives him this simpsons like look. it's great.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Drunkboxer posted:

has anyone ever pointed out that half the time uk political cartoons are just two hideous goblins on a boat for some reason?

ah, the national pastime of britain

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

In case any of you are unaware, Matt earns over £600,000 a year for his incisive, witty, beautiful, absolutely not lowest effort possible shite.

Hang on

*pulls up calculator and exchange rates*

That's...

*frantically punching in numbers*

...a whole lot of dollarydoos.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

ah good, was missing old people complaining about post modernism

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

ah, the national pastime of britain

There's no kids in the boat

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

And of course, our thread namesake:

quote:

“THE PARTY’S OVER”

Thanks to Attorney General Barr, we may be seeing the wheels of justice turning against the Deep State perpetrators.

Finally.

Those trusted with positions of authority did their best to remove a lawfully-elected president from office. What they did was criminal. They were accustomed to getting their way and when (thankfully) things turned against them they abused their power and authority to get their way. What they did was treasonous. I’ve been saying this for quite a while now, but they need to be held accountable.

They’ve drunkenly abused their power. Turn out their lights, the party’s over.

LOCK THEM UP!

Ben Garrison

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Old people love Joe Biden, AGC

quote:

Garrison had a take like this too; odd how during Tinsley's 500 hours of research or whatever it was, it never occurred to him that Bernie would have to win an election before giving felons voting rights, meaning it'd be a pretty bad cynical voter-fraud strategy or whatever

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Buy Lubchansky a dang account already, they own

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

my first thought was that bidens supposed to be reagan and im still not one hundred percent sure this cartoon is supposed to be insulting because all of ramirezs caricatures are so hideous

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

my first thought was that bidens supposed to be reagan

WampaLord posted:

Oh so it's Biden mixed with Xi.

Ramirez, you suck worse at drawing than Ted loving Rall. I honestly thought it was supposed to be Biden mixed with Reagan at first.

SEE?!?

I'm not crazy!

Or, at least, you are crazy in the same way I am, which is still comforting.

loquacius posted:

Buy Lubchansky a dang account already, they own

:haibrow:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah, Jesus, thank God we didn’t elect $hillary, think about how much worse everything would be right now

Though I like that he’s screaming “BAD DEMS WOULD GO TO WAR IN IRAN!!!!!” as the Trump administration is doing everything it can to provoke a war in Iran

unsourced quote

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

foreign policy cartoons are a real window into the dipshit brain of your average liberal boomer

"what if North Korea is lying about getting rid of their nuclear program? we'll make the world a better place for nothing."

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

D&D was better when it was libertarian special kids with puppy avatars and that republican guy with the $4000 couch

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Oh man I haven't read the politoon thread in years and I still immediately bristled just seeing the yellow word balloon of a Mike Lester

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

Yeah, Jesus, thank God we didn’t elect $hillary, think about how much worse everything would be right now

Though I like that he’s screaming “BAD DEMS WOULD GO TO WAR IN IRAN!!!!!” as the Trump administration is doing everything it can to provoke a war in Iran

unsourced quote

it's amazing how bad they are at reading comprehension, so many comics that are easy to grasp get met with "what is this cartoon even trying to say?!?" or bizarre takes like that where they think it's about hillary when it's obv biden

meanwhile we got the c-spam brain trust over here doing their best to make muir comprehensible and we can sometimes even pull it off! :toot:

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Oh man I haven't read the politoon thread in years and I still immediately bristled just seeing the yellow word balloon of a Mike Lester

happy to be of service :tipshat: