Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is that SOP or are we really so goddamned dumb we're going to do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Our SOP at this point is being that goddamned dumb, but we can't change it because of tradition :patriot:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Jfc. Anyone whos in good luck and hopefully we dont carry through being this dumb again

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

oh for gently caress's sake

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Well I'm safe, unless Lil Kim decides to tag team with Iran and come down south.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

nullscan posted:

Well I'm safe, unless Lil Kim decides to tag team with Iran and come down south.

Did you really forget the "Axis of Evil" that is Iran and Korea? Or was Iraq in there too?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bolton really has been sitting there saying over and over 'Obama wouldn't do it.'

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Also it's been a while since I watched it, but isn't this how Threads kicks off?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Also it's been a while since I watched it, but isn't this how Threads kicks off?

Kinda. The Russians need to invade and occupy Northern Iran before we can follow the Threads playbook. If we just jump in by ourselves, it's more like a bad SNL skit from 1980.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
wonder how many idiots think that the iranians follow the traditional arab model of command and control not realizing that persians are not arabs

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Vasudus posted:

wonder how many idiots think that the iranians follow the traditional arab model of command and control not realizing that persians are not arabs

All of them

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CMD598 posted:

All of them

Brown skin = terrorist, right on down the loving line.

Guatamalan refugees? SECRET TERROR SLEEPER CELLS

Black lives matter? ANTIFA TERRORIST WORKING FOR CROOKED HILLARY

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
Man it'd be really cool if we could wait until my deployment is over to stick our dick in this hornet nest

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Vasudus posted:

Or somehow think that Iran hasn’t been watching the US fight in rural and urban environments in two of its neighbors and taking close notes, or spent the early 2000s using Iraqi insurgent groups as their testers for weapons that can defeat US armor and countermeasures. Or doesn’t have a rich historical record and a coherent national identity stretching back thousands of years; no, the modern Iranian military and state is clearly built on a cult of personality surrounding Saddam Hussein Ayatollah, uh, What’s His Name and will clearly crumble once the symbols of his power come under attack and the veneer of invincibility is lifted.

It’s not that Grover’s predictions about Iraq were wrong, it’s that he was 16 years ahead of his time and thinking of Iran instead.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I love this Bolton playbook.

1. Tear up nuclear deal, cease inspections of nuclear facilities.
2. Claim Iran is developing nukes without any way to verify if the claim is true or false
3. Levy sanctions against Iran
4. Complain when they get desperate
5. ???
6. Snuffy gets incinerated by an EFP inside an MRAP

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

If my creampuff deluxe mobilization orders get changed due to needs of the navy for the Iran Deluxe Tour package I'm gonna be hella mad.

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

Stravag posted:

:tenbux: says he was a cook because people in those jobs are always loudest about where we should kill our soldiers. As someone never in i think we should invade every springbreak beach in florida to shake things up for everyone in. 20 years of miserable desert, 20 years in panama city beach its only fair

I think cooks generally(not all of them), know better than to talk that way. It seems to be that the “combat arms adjacent” who are the ultimate warriors. That and I could 100% believe that poo poo from 60% of my infantry buddies on Facebook. Coincidentally, the guys who did the worst are the loudest.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Trade wars: easy, good

https://twitter.com/onlyyoontv/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1128656242627493889?s=19

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So Vietnam had agent orange, and Iraq & Afghanistan had burn pits. What are we gonna use to give a bunch of dumb e-2s cancer this time?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

bengy81 posted:

So Vietnam had agent orange, and Iraq & Afghanistan had burn pits. What are we gonna use to give a bunch of dumb e-2s cancer this time?

Nukes

edit:

Read this thread, he has receipts

https://twitter.com/KeithJGamble/status/1128320158618071040?s=19

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

If my creampuff deluxe mobilization orders get changed due to needs of the navy for the Iran Deluxe Tour package I'm gonna be hella mad.

You go for DJ or Qatar?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Stultus Maximus posted:

You go for DJ or Qatar?

Neither. I got offered a USNS ship out of Naples for almost a year.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

What the gently caress? Those teachers need to get fired. So does any Nazi gently caress.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/KeithJGamble/status/1128320177521725440

How does one make sure that national media pick up on this. All of these teachers involved have to be fired. There should be zero tolerance in society for this stuff.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'll start making GBS threads myself when the logistics train sets up.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Best Friends posted:

I'll start making GBS threads myself when the logistics train sets up.

Iraq is full of leftovers from the US occupation. And Afghanistan is right around the corner.

Its all there.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

What the gently caress? I got detention in middle school for drawing swastikas on a notebook because I was edgy and 13.

My parents were pissed and my mom made me write a report to her about the Holocaust because when your mom is a high school teacher you also get homework when you get grounded.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

hobbesmaster posted:

https://twitter.com/KeithJGamble/status/1128320177521725440

How does one make sure that national media pick up on this. All of these teachers involved have to be fired. There should be zero tolerance in society for this stuff.

It's made national media already.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

CommieGIR posted:

Iraq is full of leftovers from the US occupation. And Afghanistan is right around the corner.

Its all there.

We left nothing useful in the way of logistics after we pulled out of Iraq and drew down in Afghanistan. We took everything immediately valuable and shredded the rest. The FOBs we left are ghost towns.

It's not like we left stockpiles of ammo, spare parts, POL, and motor pools full of vehicles.

I know because I've been to both places in the last 5 years. We'd have to build back up to get ready to invade Iran.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
from the same band that gave you hits like "barely control half of Afghanistan after 18 years" and "dying pointlessly in Iraq" we're proud to introduce "ohgod we thought they were arabs"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SimonCat posted:

We left nothing useful in the way of logistics after we pulled out of Iraq and drew down in Afghanistan. We took everything immediately valuable and shredded the rest. The FOBs we left are ghost towns.

It's not like we left stockpiles of ammo, spare parts, POL, and motor pools full of vehicles.

I know because I've been to both places in the last 5 years. We'd have to build back up to get ready to invade Iran.

Color me corrected.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if they rush up some bombing runs while not planning a proper ground war.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CommieGIR posted:

Color me corrected.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if they rush up some bombing runs while not planning a proper ground war.

:20bux: says the Iranian Air Defense network manages to splash a F/A-18 and take the crew hostage, giving Trump all the cause belli he needs.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BigDave posted:

:20bux: says the Iranian Air Defense network manages to splash a F/A-18 and take the crew hostage, giving Trump all the cause belli he needs.

No doubt. People seem to forget that Iran is in a better place militarily than Iraq was.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
we've spent 25+ years fighting over the most permissive airspace imaginable

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

No doubt. People seem to forget that Iran is in a better place militarily than Iraq was.

Interestingly enough one of their remaining F14s just crashed. Not to counter anything your saying just figured some might be interested in the remaining Tomcats.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

we've spent 25+ years fighting over the most permissive airspace imaginable

Does Iran have S-400s? Can’t recall if they bought
them.

Oh drone footage of the attack on the Saudi refinery.
Sorry it’s a Facebook link. Those drones penetrated pretty drat deep into KSA airspace.
https://www.facebook.com/348138455582013/posts/745492022513319?s=6107838&v=e&sfns=mo

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 15, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Crakkerjakk posted:

Huh. He lived in a moderately lovely part of town, but not really near the college. Just across the road from the base.

Right around the corner from the Starbucks everyone on base uses, and Tia Betty Blues. Honestly I'd have driven by it if I'd known this.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

them.

300s.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 15, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Interestingly enough one of their remaining F14s just crashed. Not to counter anything your saying just figured some might be interested in the remaining Tomcats.

them.

Oh drone footage of the attack on the Saudi refinery.
Sorry it’s a Facebook link. Those drones penetrated pretty drat deep into KSA airspace.
https://www.facebook.com/348138455582013/posts/745492022513319?s=6107838&v=e&sfns=mo

I think they have at least S-300s, I think they also have Russian hypersonic anti ship missiles and I know they got their "own" super cavitation torpedoes called "Hoot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CommieGIR posted:

They also drive S-300 missile systems, the Soviets built those things to shoot down F-14s and F-16s.

Any air war against Iran is gonna result in a LOT of dead pilots.

EDIT: Here's the full list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Republic_of_Iran_Air_Defense_Force