Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bogan Krkic posted:

cool a-league bloopers reel

Sorry Steve, that was a trick, it looks like quite a low level defender's mistakes but actually he's an above average premier league defender!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

CHelsea without hazard. Lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

Are Spurs still eager to get Grealish?

Grealish isn't for sale until they lose the playoff final.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

quote:

Bale: £600,000 weekly wages.

lol wtf that’s at least 200k more than I would have expected.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Xabi posted:

Madrid want him gone so badly they'll still foot the bill for 350k/week as long as spurs pay 250k/week and 10mil transfer.

:psyduck:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bale would be good at a normal club I think.
I bet he ends up going to PSG or something stupid

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Some reports from Italy that fat Frank is replacing Sarri.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Xabi posted:

He signed a new contract when Real Madrid were staring down the barrel of transfer ban, so his agent used that to get a deal that would pay him £350k per week after taxes which probably comes to about £600k before taxes.

It made him the highest paid player in the world for a short while, until C.Ronaldo threw a hissy fit and demanded a new deal.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

trem_two posted:

Some reports from Italy that fat Frank is replacing Sarri.

fat Frank currently has a shot to take Derby to the prem

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Madrid want him gone so badly they'll still foot the bill for 350k/week as long as spurs pay 250k/week and 10mil transfer.

Lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lots of stuff going around about Arsenal not having any money. Seems more and more like Wengy left the club in quite a state.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Isn't the €10m mentioned a loan fee?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
City's FFP case has already been referred to the FFP "Judges".

quote:

"Manchester City Football Club is disappointed, but regrettably not surprised, by the sudden announcement of the referral to be made by the CFCB IC Chief Investigator Yves Leterme.

The leaks to media over the last week are indicative of the process that has been overseen by Mr. Leterme.

Manchester City is entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body.

The accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false and the CFCB IC referral ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City FC to the Chamber.

The decision contains mistakes, misinterpretations and confusions fundamentally borne out of a basic lack of due process and there remain significant unresolved matters raised by Manchester City FC as part of what the Club has found to be a wholly unsatisfactory, curtailed, and hostile process."

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This does feel like a fait accompli. I'm genuinely curious if City are/were doing more financial shenanigans than the other big clubs.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

Lots of stuff going around about Arsenal not having any money. Seems more and more like Wengy left the club in quite a state.

Arsenal must’ve picked up over 40 million for the Europa League and they’ll probably beat us in the final because they have strikers so there will be CL revenue next year. Can’t be too bad.

edit: omfg rlc acl

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 12:14 on May 16, 2019

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

tarbrush posted:

This does feel like a fait accompli. I'm genuinely curious if City are/were doing more financial shenanigans than the other big clubs.

They just didn't buy off Uefa people like PSG did.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Reckon they'll win 35 games without the CL to tire them out.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

fat gay nonce posted:

They just didn't buy off Uefa people like PSG did.

That was their mistake. Always pay your beaurocrats on time.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Loftus Cheek tore his Achilles in a friendly against NE Revs last night, and will be out for up to 6 months

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

City have, rather tellingly, not disputed the truthfulness of what has been reported in Spiegel, but attacked what they believe to be the unfairness of the investigation process and the fact that the information was gained by illegal hacking.

I am oversimplifying this a bit, but a lot of what could get City in trouble is based on the money allegedly improperly pumped in to the club through shadow firms and sponsors tightly associated with ADUG (and arguably sovereign wealth). Aside from PSG, most of the other big clubs don’t have that kind of monetary resource and their unfair advantage was instead built up more organically over the years prior to FFP, with the added factors of how skewed television revenue is in countries like Spain and how prior success has allowed clubs like United to receive ridiculous sponsorship deals that the “up and coming” clubs can’t command.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Also that when one of the ethics guys died the City lawyer sent an email saying ‘one down six to go’ probably hasn’t helped their case

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

Loftus Cheek tore his Achilles in a friendly against NE Revs last night, and will be out for up to 6 months

Only 6 months for an Achilles? Sounds optimistic

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

Arsenal must’ve picked up over 40 million for the Europa League and they’ll probably beat us in the final because they have strikers so there will be CL revenue next year. Can’t be too bad.

edit: omfg rlc acl

According to the supporters trust they only have money to buy players this year because of the Walcott and Oxcham sales, and they will have quite a large loss next year.

It seems like the club really wasn’t set up to run without CL revenue and Wengy went a bit nuts with wages and signings towards the end there in an attempt to cover up for the fact that his project had failed.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Are Spurs still eager to get Grealish?

Yeah he remains a target. Would help with homegrown.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Total Meatlove posted:

Also that when one of the ethics guys died the City lawyer sent an email saying ‘one down six to go’ probably hasn’t helped their case

Please tell me this is true.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Please tell me this is true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/08/manchester-city-furore-focuses-pivotal-rule-game-no-one-seems/amp/

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

it looks as if UEFA can't provide assurances that Mkhitaryan will be safe in Azerbaijan, and as such Arsenal will be leaving him at home for the EL Final

which gives me an excuse to post this image, and prove that it's wrong

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Troy Queef posted:

it looks as if UEFA can't provide assurances that Mkhitaryan will be safe in Azerbaijan, and as such Arsenal will be leaving him at home for the EL Final

which gives me an excuse to post this image, and prove that it's wrong

What's the story with Mkhitaryan?

Man, I'm full of questions today.

Thanks!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

What's the story with Mkhitaryan?

Man, I'm full of questions today.

Thanks!

Armenian in Azerbaijan = bad

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenia%E2%80%93Azerbaijan_relations

Readin' up on it now.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

See also:

https://twitter.com/AST_arsenal/status/1128690586893078529

UEFA is a joke

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Azerbaijan website will reject you for a visa application if you have an Armenian surname

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
everyone just needs to get the gently caress over WWI, i'm telling you

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

The Azerbaijan website will reject you for a visa application if you have an Armenian surname

gently caress, this whole conflict was completely under my radar.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lmao

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

bewbies posted:

everyone just needs to get the gently caress over WWI, i'm telling you

Just execute everyone who works for Uefa

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Brony Car posted:

City have, rather tellingly, not disputed the truthfulness of what has been reported in Spiegel, but attacked what they believe to be the unfairness of the investigation process and the fact that the information was gained by illegal hacking.

They definitely have, see today:

quote:

Manchester City Football Club is disappointed, but regrettably not surprised, by the sudden announcement of the referral to be made by the CFCB IC Chief Investigator Yves Leterme.

The leaks to media over the last week are indicative of the process that has been overseen by Mr. Leterme.

Manchester City is entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body.

The accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false and the CFCB IC referral ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City FC to the Chamber.

The decision contains mistakes, misinterpretations and confusions fundamentally borne out of a basic lack of due process and there remain significant unresolved matters raised by Manchester City FC as part of what the Club has found to be a wholly unsatisfactory, curtailed, and hostile process.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Congratulations to these two countries on having the pettiest, most bullshit conflict in a world full of dumb as poo poo drama. Salute.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Butterfly Valley posted:

They definitely have, see today:

I would call that a process-related accusation over substance. It is not refuting that certain arrangements were put into place. It’s not like they’re saying the contents of the leaked documents are untrue. They’re mentioning bias and due process.

I’m not saying City aren’t fighting it, but the tactic they’re taking seems to be pretty defensive and technical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Arsenal should refuse to play unless their fans/players can go. UEFA would soon sort the issue out then. Not sure if Chelsea would go along with them, but that would be nice too.