Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Nani the gently caress

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

:hmmyes:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
very true

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

"" posted:

Why is that loli always gagged in a basket?

Demon Slayer, naturally.

I don't know who he's referring to, but he's right.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

manga reader site comments: the human condition at it's most raw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I both want and don't want context for this. I mean, I want to know what that gently caress he's talking about but I know there's no way I'll be anything but disappointed by the reveal.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Sounds to me like this, now here comes the disappointment: it's isekai

(pretty entertaining one tho, if you want to read it you need to head over to https://egscans.com/ for the first 20 chapters, they left mangadex in a huff and took all their translated chapters with them or something)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Yea that's the one, another team is redoing the earlier chapters since EGS had a fit.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
While i'm very grateful to be able to continue reading that story at all... really not a fan of the new name style for the main character...
I much prefered egs's Maïn over the new Myne. It fit way better into the faux european style of almost all the other names.

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe
Isn't Myne from the official LN translation?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Arrogant much? Why are you assuming I didn't understand what you said? Look. I've been reading manga for decades. And I read a lot of manga. Reading a given manga has an opportunity cost. It means I won't be doing something else, such as read some other manga. So for instance, I read very little yaoi, not because I have any objection to it but because it doesn't turn my crank, so the characterization will have to be really good to make it worth my time.
I also don't read a whole lot of manga with a medieval setting, because yeah, often I find it bland and unconvincing at best, because I know a lot about medieval times from education, reading, and game mastering paper & pencil roleplaying games with medieval settings for more than 30 years. I cannot un-know it. If it's Spice and Wolf, I won't be complaining. I also only react mildly to the experience of art unless it's really amazing; if you're talking Ran to Haiiro no Sekai, then OK I can read it for the art. Short of that, not so much; I read manga mostly for reasons other than art quality. This has fairly nice art I guess, but not enough to make me react emotionally. That's because I am not you.

So no, the art is not going to make it worth it for me and yes, I think I have some idea what is for me personally worth my time. So do I have your lordly loving permission to read what I want according to my tastes?!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Grondoth posted:

Medieval knowledge knower rant

Well at least they’re right that Ran and the Grey World is friggin gorgeous. Where did you find this post?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Are assmen on the verge of extinction? :ohdear:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Can Of Worms posted:

Are assmen on the verge of extinction? :ohdear:

They lost Ray Smuckles, but he mayve been neutered.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grondoth posted:

Arrogant much? Why are you assuming I didn't understand what you said? Look. I've been reading manga for decades. And I read a lot of manga. Reading a given manga has an opportunity cost. It means I won't be doing something else, such as read some other manga. So for instance, I read very little yaoi, not because I have any objection to it but because it doesn't turn my crank, so the characterization will have to be really good to make it worth my time.
I also don't read a whole lot of manga with a medieval setting, because yeah, often I find it bland and unconvincing at best, because I know a lot about medieval times from education, reading, and game mastering paper & pencil roleplaying games with medieval settings for more than 30 years. I cannot un-know it. If it's Spice and Wolf, I won't be complaining. I also only react mildly to the experience of art unless it's really amazing; if you're talking Ran to Haiiro no Sekai, then OK I can read it for the art. Short of that, not so much; I read manga mostly for reasons other than art quality. This has fairly nice art I guess, but not enough to make me react emotionally. That's because I am not you.

So no, the art is not going to make it worth it for me and yes, I think I have some idea what is for me personally worth my time. So do I have your lordly loving permission to read what I want according to my tastes?!
No screenshot, so I can only assume that these are your unfiltered, completely sincere opinions.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Strange, how'd you manage to re-skin ADTRW like that?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Well at least they’re right that Ran and the Grey World is friggin gorgeous. Where did you find this post?

purplelibraryguy on mangadex is incredible

Are you loving kidding me? Something like that isn't a bash just on what I chose to say, it's clearly meant to be a bash on who I am. A really stupid one. And I'm not accountable to obnoxious kids like him, or you, for who I am.
Sorry, but construing what I said as cringey in the first place and then deciding that's something that you need to give someone a hard time about is something a lowlife kid would do. I don't have anything to defend. Someone gratuitously starts a fight, I don't see a reason to be tender with them. It's kind of funny--you and that other guy apparently read manga, but clearly you're the kind who, if you didn't read manga, would bully people for reading manga.
So tell me, if someone started bullying you for reading manga, would you be the kind of wimp who would try to say "But um they're interesting and the art can be good and and and" or would you tell them to gently caress the hell off because it's none of their loving business? Well. I play tabletop fantasy, and SF and so on, roleplaying games, and if you or whatsispickle have problems with that you can go gently caress yourselves. Capisce?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

There are entire genres this could apply to.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

me when Goku and Freiza spend 12 episodes powering up

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
i read the comments

dont read the comments

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thanks I absolutely hate this.

... Isn't the entire point of that manga that people like that who judge about who's had sex or not are top-tier lovely? Do they just not process the media they read???? No they don't.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cuntellectual posted:

i read the comments

dont read the comments

It's sad because the only manga I read currently with a Meguro is that MMA one where Meguro is a dude. Thought I had missed a whole bunch of a developments.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

i'm guessing it's sports manga in particular since their romance subplots are basically nothing but the slowest of burns

except baby steps which is good and has it's leads be like "hey we're clearly into each-other let's go out" halfway in

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yinlock posted:

i'm guessing it's sports manga in particular since their romance subplots are basically nothing but the slowest of burns

except baby steps which is good and has it's leads be like "hey we're clearly into each-other let's go out" halfway in

Which is kind of weird because you'd expect a manga called Baby Steps to be the slowest of burns.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

... Isn't the entire point of that manga that people like that who judge about who's had sex or not are top-tier lovely? Do they just not process the media they read???? No they don't.

It is. It really is.

It's just "meguro is cute 2 bad she a thot"

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

comments sections are bad, but at least the first person to respond was reasonable.

My "favorite" part is all the people arguing that "it's not rape, she consented". a teenage girl. :shepface:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 6, 2019

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Cuntellectual posted:

comments sections are bad, but at least the first person to respond was reasonable.

My "favorite" part is all the people arguing that "it's not rape, she consented". a teenage girl. :shepface:

That comments section is so bad I wish everyone who ever used the internet had their hands chopped off.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
People should really say what series they're seeing these comments on

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Jose posted:

It's funnier when they don't, imo

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Jose posted:

Sometimes I think it's better to wonder, but it was from this actually extremely good series.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

AnoHito posted:

It's funnier when they don't, imo

Jose posted:

don't post what you found them reading its funnier that way imo

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lol fair enough. I had been drinking at the time I posted last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Modposting and drunkposting sounds like an excellent mix! What could possibly go wrong?