Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

muscles like this! posted:

Toast of London is all on Netflix.

nice! Thank you!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just be aware that it was directed/co-written by Chris Morris (The Day Today, Jam, Brass Eye) so it's funny as hell but daaaaaaaaaaaark as gently caress.

Lol yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Milo and POTUS posted:

They made a movie about your life?

No, but the jerk store called, and they're all out of you.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Eat This Glob posted:

Matt Berry strikes me as a dude who could make me laugh reading a phone book

He has an "autobiography" of Toast and the audiobook is read by Berry. Some of the funniest parts are him just reading lists of fake actors with over the top "British" names for like a minute.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like I'll be signing up for the free trial of Audible and canceling right away after I get that.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

You're all wrong, Darkplace is the best Matt Berry show!

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Just watched the last episode, finally. "She speaks the bullshit."

Great to see Waititi and Clement, and the rest of the council was fantastic.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
All of Tilda Swinton.

ERW's "God, this loving guy" and "Man, that's loving rough."

Nadja saying "Yes, it's lunch" into her hand.

This is one of those shows where they pack an incredible amount into such a short time. It always feels like it's over too soon.

edit: also, I'm genuinely surprised they didn't get Brad Pitt and fully expect to see him in the future.

Slamhound fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 12, 2019

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Slamhound posted:

edit: also, I'm genuinely surprised they didn't get Brad Pitt and fully expect to see him in the future.

Tom and Brad weren't into it. They're not committed to it like Danny.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I'm just deleting this post because I was mistaken and it's not worth salvaging, sorry

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They were only missing Gary Oldman

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I’d somehow missed “ Only Lovers Left Alive” until now. It’s an amazing movie, check it out if you haven’t seen it!

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I just got caught up on this show and I haven't laughed this hard since community.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My girlfriend looked up the episode on IMDB while it was playing and then proceeded to tell me everyone who appears in the episode ruining all the surprises thanks :downs:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

My girlfriend looked up the episode on IMDB while it was playing and then proceeded to tell me everyone who appears in the episode ruining all the surprises thanks :downs:

Have you considered your girlfriend might be an energy vampire?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Davros1 posted:

They were only missing Gary Oldman

Wasn't Nicolas Cage a vampire in something?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Ehh. Kinda.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
(All vampires opening basement door)

"Nicholas Cage! What are you doing here?!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cjg posted:

Wasn't Nicolas Cage a vampire in something?

Nicolas Cage is a mutant energy vampire who feeds off of stunned surprise.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol make Cage a familiar

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Apparently Cate Blanchett was on the list to be on the Vampire Council too, then Taika Waititi found out she hadn't played a vampire before and told her she wasn't allowed :xd:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently Cate Blanchett was on the list to be on the Vampire Council too, then Taika Waititi found out she hadn't played a vampire before and told her she wasn't allowed :xd:

They should have made her a familiar.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Jerusalem posted:

that is fantastic. She could have showed up her her ragnarok get up and get precession of shamed out of the basement

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They should have made her a familiar.

That would have been amazing.

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

You're all wrong, Darkplace is the best Matt Berry show!

This is correct.

Darkplace is where many people first saw Matt Berry and Richard Ayoade. It's an early 2000s show that has the premise of being a recently rediscovered 80s horror show centered around a hospital built on top of a hellmouth.

If you haven't seen it yet around it, all the episodes are on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/8EkN8WtFTpE

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Senor Tron posted:

If you haven't seen it yet around it, all the episodes are on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/8EkN8WtFTpE

Anyone new to Dark Place is so loving lucky to have this ahead of them.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Alright, what's better, alt-right or Antifa? I'm trying to decide which team to join...

He sure have a firm grip in American politics!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The peek-a-boo bit at the party was great, and I dug that they actually foreshadowed her power by Lazlo not spotting her when he first walked in the room, which I had assumed was just a joke about him being an rear end in a top hat (turns out that was an unrelated matter!)

Edit: Also:

Lazlo: Why would you wear cologne?
Colin: To annoy you.
Lazlo: Fair enough.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 16, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

"How long of a term does a president serve?"

"A THOUSAND YEARS."

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nandor has been my least favorite member of the main cast so far, but he was great this episode. It's such a fun detail for him to be obsessed with the dream team.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

One thing I love is how nuts the production designers went with the details of their house--the pictures covering almost every bit of wall, the cluttered furniture, books, etc. Like you think of how much bric a brac the average person accumulates in 50 years...now imagine 4 people living in a house for 200 years.

I'd love to see a behind the scenes feature about the set decor.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
"I am stupid human male. Oh... ouch, ouch, my balls"

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Vampire Ska was a gem. gently caress Ska.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boo_radley posted:

"I am stupid human male. Oh... ouch, ouch, my balls"

shes really the best

Barry's reaction to get bat transformation killed me too. Glad to see Guillermo pretty much immediately caught on to what happened with the new vampire, I was wondering if there was going to be a storyline threaded through the show or if it was more about the day in the lives of the vampires.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 17, 2019

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Pretty sure they're setting Guillermo up to be so jaded that he becomes a vampire slayer, or at least has the reputation of one (since he killed two vampires already). This would be hilarious and awesome, where he keeps just accidentally murdering them but becomes widely feared by the vampire council.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Guillermo’s rant at Nandor was a great moment. They have a fun chemistry together.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Kaedric posted:

Pretty sure they're setting Guillermo up to be so jaded that he becomes a vampire slayer, or at least has the reputation of one (since he killed two vampires already). This would be hilarious and awesome, where he keeps just accidentally murdering them but becomes widely feared by the vampire council.

I was really hoping he'd start sneaking away to hang out with the socially progressive werewolves.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Kaedric posted:

What are the odds on Gizmo killing Jenna before the end of the season?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Kaedric posted:

He'll never get the reputation, vampires will just keep dying but no one believes it's him.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ohhhh poo poo episode was so good I forgot about :

:drac: why would you even wear cologne??

:geno: to annoy you.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
He's either going to become the greatest vampire slayer ever because they will never believe that a cute little snack could be taking them out, or he's going to get turned by Jenna.

Those are my predictions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Nadja is the best vampire.

Also as a government worker, I can confirm Nandor's proclamation that our souls are all dead.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 18, 2019